What's New....?

5 Likes

Anyone see Anne Hathaways Roe V Wade comments? She said “…what makes me really angry is that I can look at a newspaper and on the front page, see that there are plans to overturn Roe v. Wade next to an article about how there’s a baby formula shortage…”

Pure gold!

1 Like

People: We should be guaranteed the right to health care, we have a right to life
Supreme Court: Actually since all The Framers are dead we should be as well.
People: What kind of fucking logic is that?
Supreme: The Constitution is very clear we don’t have a right to life.
People: But the first line literally says-
Supreme Court bans living arguing the act of living is unconstitutional and contrary to The Framer’s intentions in a 6-3 vote.
Justice Sotomayor makes a very emphatic written case for existence in a stern letter to Clarence Thomas
People: Can you do something about this?
Biden: The power to make living legal again rests in you, so if you could just play dead until the next election cycle I promise we will overturn this.

1 Like

Saw this recently (on a John Oliver episode actually) and thought of you @MrOchoa. Sort of.

Put this one in the footnotes of your Godzilla Bucket List: One day you have to go to Humpty Doo, Australia, where they have this 26-foot tall Crocodile With Boxing Gloves statue.
I know he’s very different-looking, and his 26-foot stature is nothing compared to our Big G, but still, it’s a big, mean green fighting machine… statue…

:joy: forgive me

7 Likes

Ah yes Humpty Doo, its the prototypical NT dormitory town.

How awesome is this?! I love Crocodiles and Gators, fantastic Animal. I hope reincarnation is real and i come back as one of them one day :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Ever heard of the monkey’s paw?
7e98f27372172826a8e9ce6bc9efa5e4--crocs

7 Likes

I used to walk around in a pair of these during college…

5 Likes

At least its fake leather :sweat_smile: docs are the best shoes btw :wink:

2 Likes

I went to Disney World in March. To make a long story short, I’m going to Disney World again in December.

8 Likes

Damn, that’s the theme park dream right there! Any reason you’re going again? Didn’t get to all the events you set last time, or is there something new to this visit?

1 Like

America is a shithole.

That’s not exactly new information but today was a new low…

8 Likes

What a dickhead.

They’re bringing back Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. It’s a holiday themed after hours event that takes place on select nights during the holiday season.

2 Likes

I got dragged to the John Mayer… I mean Grateful Dead show at Wrigley Field. Not my music or my scene at all, but it’s outside, they are good, and there is liquor so it’s kinda alright. Also it’s at Wrigley (=

7 Likes

I didn’t see it yet as I was working, but apparently the hometown heroes in IDLES dedicated a song during their Glastonbury Festival set to my friend (and everyone else’s friend) Jeff - Who is sadly seriously injured in hospital at the moment with severe burns. It has been very heartwarming to see the outpouring of love and support for him at this really tough time.

8 Likes

Spent a phenomenal night in the parking lot of Soldier Field once. Turned out to be one of the last Dead shows with Jerry Garcia before he died.

3 Likes

oh shit. jeff’s a legend. i had no idea.

1 Like

Yeah man, really shit news. I’ve known Jeff since about 2003 when we were 2 of the only people there to watch this weird Icelandic band called Minus. One of the most gentle and good natured people you’ll ever meet. Obviously nobody deserves to go through something like this but especially not Jeff.

2 Likes

ah, really sorry. i don’t know him personally, but everyone on the circuit knows of him. hope he’s doing better.

on a more upbeat side note, minus crashes at my house once. sadly, they were dickheads.

1 Like