What's New....?

Ah man, I wanna hear this story now…

1 Like

they did a local gig. we offered them a place to crash because they hadn’t got anywhere. up until that point, the singer hadn’t spoken or even looked at us; indeed, he sat at the side of the stage with his fingers in his ears while we played (we were probably a bit shite at that point). he became mildly chummy after the offer.

they invited half the bar to our house without telling us. they insisted on - for whatever reason - doing a ouija board/seance thingy for half the night. drank everything (expected, to be fair). left our house in a state and went really early in the morning without even a thank you.

wasn’t impressed. :joy:

7 Likes

Jesus christ bobby! What bastards. The Ouija thing is oddly funny though…

2 Likes

with nearly twenty years of distance, it’s all funny in a spinal tap way. makes for a fun little anecdote, at least.

the ouija board thing was just surreal. like, they were puzzled we didn’t have one and immediately started making their own :smile:

2 Likes

Went down to our local non-denominational church to sign the petition to get the Reproductive Freedom initiative on the ballot in November. If it passes it would enshrine the right to abortion (and other reproductive care) in the Michigan State Constitution. :crossed_fingers:

I’ve signed my share of petitions over the years, but it’s always when I’ve been randomly accosted while walking into a store or library. This is the first one I sought out.

I always forget how terrible my handwriting is until I have to fill out a form. :grin:

16 Likes

Online seller scammed me out of $210, and blocked me after I sent it.

Gotta wait over a month for the bank to possibly refund it, or longer for cyber crime to investigate the case.

17 Likes

That’s no fun! Sorry that happened.

I recommend getting a credit card for stuff like that. Even if it is a prepaid one. You won’t be liable for fraudulent charges. They will just put the charge on hold until they do their investigation, that way you’re not out of pocket.

10 Likes

Things like that are why I try to pay for things with credit card whenever possible. If a scam or theft happens involving the card, you can at least get the institutions involved.

7 Likes

As a conclusion to my Lego week, I got to rebuild a friend’s Bugatti.

The set has its perks to be fair; It’s accurate comparing to the actual Chiron, The rims were beautifully designed, a gearbox that actually works (I’m looking at you Defender) and some other cool design choices you get to see while building (The V16 Cylinders as instance).

But on the down side,

1. A lot of pieces were quite loose on the outer panels, cylinders, and the gear changer (I give you my word, I connected them properly).

2. The gear box, although being functional, has a complex mechanism for changing which might fail to set in place regularly (iirc it was fixed in the newer 1:8 supercars).

3. The front suspension is completely bullshit. The front side is too heavy for it.

All the cups that were used to categorize the torn up pieces:

17 Likes

Envious. I have almost no creative building talent. I’m like Emmet from the Lego Movie before he became a Master Builder: I need instructions, my mind works too rigidly to be able to construct anything like what you’ve got there on my own. How anyone even came up with how to design that thing is beyond me. The only things I’ve ever built with Legos were towers. Just stacked Lego pieces that I decided were towers, and then I just knocked them over with my toy Godzilla.

9 Likes

I’m the same way. I love building lego stuff. My son got me the Lego Death Star trench run set. If left to my own devices though, I invariably just build a bunch of versions of the Bird of Prey from Star Trek 3/4.

7 Likes

Everyone has their own field of talent :smiley: You are definitely good in some field I’ll never succeed in.

6 Likes

Well, that’s the best part.

9 Likes

Well, yeah, but I’d at least like to make something recognizable as an actual building, like the Statue of Liberty or something, and then knock it over.

7 Likes

In @MrOchoa’s case, he will probably want to build a mini Tokyo Tower, then destroying it with his Lego Godzilla. :laughing:

4 Likes

SKREEEOOONK

8 Likes

I’ve never understood the written version of Godzilla’s roar. There’s no s or k sound in it. It’s -

Aaaaaaaeeeeeeeyyyyooooooonnnng!

1 Like

The post below marks the 4000th post of the thread, which was the first thread in the new forum to reach 4000.

This thread was the second one to reach 4000 with Silvereyes’ post:

3 Likes

I’m going to Disney World in December. The tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party go on sale at midnight on Thursday (if you’re staying at a Disney Hotel). I’m patiently waiting.

5 Likes

In that case Ochoa here probably only likes Lilo and Stitch because of the Godzilla scene (if he does at all)

4 Likes