What's New....?

The frustration is worth it ultimately, in my opinion. My school uses fiber with its average speed being 750Mb/s, and connecting to it (although unauthorized) feels like heaven compared to home’s ADSL or even my faster-than-average cellular operator.

7 Likes

Trying to process geometry after 2am be like:

7 Likes

February 2024 I’m gonna be an uncle.

14 Likes

ahhh, congrats! you get to be the cool dude in their life.

11 Likes

My father just turned, guess what, 47. Now would be a good time for him to slip into a secret assassination life.

12 Likes

Starts Inscryption

Enters Boss Level (game saves)

Does a few moves, plans ahead

Pauses game

[last saved 27 minutes ago]

cool so I’m falling alsleep at my computer tonight huh

8 Likes

I’ll be in Brussels on the 25th for work. Anyone around and wanna grab a beer? I think @Franz lives in Belgium but I’m not sure if other HMF members are close by ???

8 Likes

Damn, will miss you by a few days - I’ll be in Antwerp on the 27th (also for work)

8 Likes

I’ll be in Brussels! Let’s meet up! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That’s so cool! I would love to meet some Forum Members, too :face_holding_back_tears: Maybe this year on GamesCom, if my new job will not be in the way…

Anyone planning to attend the GamesCom?

8 Likes

Is that the one in Cologne, Germany? I’m afraid not.

Meeting other HMF members would indeed be cool. I can only offer that if anybody decides to pay a visit to Edinburgh, I’d be happy to meet you and give you some advice about the city and nearby.

8 Likes

I am not but since I live there it would be nice to know if someone visits the city for it as we can meet regardless. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Feeling pretty shitty and seriously in the dog house. I damaged my wife’s laptop this afternoon, to a degree that’s really gonna set her back when she’s at a crucial point in trying to establish her own product brand and apply for positions. I didn’t do it on purpose, but I should have been paying more attention. The laptop still works, but she won’t be able to be in her comfortable places while using it, there’s no telling when or if it’ll crap out, replacements are expensive, and they don’t make that kind anymore so it won’t have the features that she likes and relies on… and all of that is assuming she doesn’t have to redo everything she’s already done for her brand because of the change in software that comes with a new laptop. Needless to say, she’s gone down the full list of everything I’ve done wrong in our lives together that had caused further complications for her (this list is considerable) and it’s got me feeling truly terrible, not for myself, but that I’ve once again made life harder for her. I don’t know what it is, but she’s the only person that I truly get anything wrong with and can’t do anything to balance it out with. Fingers crossed, for her sake not mine, that nothing else goes wrong with her laptop until she can get her replacement.

8 Likes

You also live in cologne? :scream: I didn’t know!

7 Likes

Yes, in cologne. I only live about 2 train stations away from the exhibition site, but still I haven’t manage to go there for years :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:

But maybe, if someone is in cologne to go there, it would be a nice chance to meet some Forum members, regardless if I attend the GamesCom or not :smiling_face:

And Edinburgh is on the top of my travel wish list, I hope I can go there one day :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear that Heisenberg. Hope you can patch things up with her.

I hope so too. If you ever do, I’d love to meet you and give you advice. Lots of places in the city, not to mention on the city outskirts as well.

7 Likes

I’ve been driving myself to and from work with no issue now for about a week and a half, as well as picking up and dropping off a sibling to school when they ask. It’s surreal. No more feeling like a bother if I need to go someplace (nearby, that is).

Also - my family replaced our broken Xbox. Freelancer is quite sexy with loading screens that don’t lag in 4k. :drooling_face: However, the reflections in H3 are even more ridiculous and seem excessive lol. Just look at The Bank level’s floor for an example.

Below pic feels relevant to both topics:
IMG_5838

14 Likes

Tooth Ache !! :face_with_head_bandage: Annoying Tooth Ache.

I have been avoiding Dentists for more than 20 years. When I was a kid, used to have a lot of chocolates and did not brush my teeth properly. So the dentists used to pick my tooth without giving anesthesia - painfully (it was 90s). So that trauma kept me away from dentists. So 18 years back I had issues with my right upper second last tooth and from then used to chew on left side only, became a habit. Now I got cavity on my left bottom third last tooth.
So I went to dentist last Saturday and she advised root canal treatment and filling.
I decided to fix my right side, they are suggesting either Bridge Tooth or Screw Implant after picking the right tooth.

I have been ignoring my teeth and now paying the painful price :sob: lesson learned, my bad, I suggest take care of your teeth and visit dentist for any minor problem/doubts, please dont wait for the pain and then visit dentist.

9 Likes

I love touring in Europe, but I will never understand the strict decibel limits for live music in many countries. The band I am currently working for are pretty loud and last night they were peaking at around 119db - And the limit in the venue was 105db. In the soundcheck, the drums were hitting 103db with no PA reinforcement. Sweden has a national limit of 100db for live music and the venue in Denmark was limited to 97db which was literally impossible. Luckily I had a very helpful in house tech who was willing to switch the meter off for our set haha.

Maybe I’m just a deaf, old school soundguy but I think live rock music should be loud and the audience should wear ear plugs.

Anyway, there’s 5 shows left. Currently on a long drive between Poland and Czechia. By Monday night I’ll be sleeping in my own bed for the first time this month!

8 Likes

This was an amazing show to watch until the end. Thank you for bringing the hell house concept into a fully-fledged reality TV show!

5 Likes