What's New....?

I guess I find that fascinating. I never considered you’d have to be taught an accent, but ofcourse the more you think about it, the more it makes sense. I just think about how back on British TV back in the '70s and '80s you basically had to be able to speak using an RP accent to be able to act in anything before they started making mainstream programs which actually represented the accents of normal British people around the country.

You probably sound way better than me with my mongrol Bristol/Scottish accent, because I lived in Bristol until I was 5 and then moved back to Scotland, meaning Scots tell me I sound English, and non-Scots say I sound Scottish.

2 Likes

So like Picard rules then?

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve received some compliments about how natural the British dialect comes to me, and I’m pretty sure I know the root of that.

Back in 7th-10th Grade, my English teacher was this guy who came from England. Naturally, he also came bundled with an RP accent and looved to flaunt it. So, through him sneaking in RP lessons to our English classes (and maybe a bit of mimicking/mocking him with friends – he was not a very well-liked teacher since he was pretty strict) I picked up on it pretty well.

…That’s pretty interesting about British TV back then. Pretty discriminatory to a bunch of other areas in the UK. Yikes.

Oh, boy, are you in for a treat.

We get ‘Speech’ classes as part of our theatre curriculum, which is meant to teach us how to notice and write IPA phonetics, as well as prepare us to use localized English dialects for the bigger productions like this. Canadian (North American) and 1800s English ways of speaking are pretty different…

This is… a Star Trek reference(?) That’s as far as my knowledge can take me on this, though. What do you mean by this? Patrick Stewart is quite the British legend.

2 Likes

That’s cool to hear. I’m glad that you seem to be learning so much and getting to enjoy it.

Bourbon is making a Trek reference. Patrick Stewart plays Jean Luc Picard, who is French, but uh, Stewart just uses his natural English accent the whole time. It’s like how Sean Connery speaks Russian with a Scottish accent in Red October. Also, you should watch Star Trek.

6 Likes

Captain Jean Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise is supposedly from France but he’s played by Patrick Stewart. No one questions this lol

4 Likes

Ah, okay. Then I guess I do recognise that! :laughing:
I wasn’t sure, so I didn’t want to say.

That’s a good point haha.

1 Like

& @Bourbon

He doesn’t have the accent but he does hang onto his French pride. One of my fav lines is when he’s explaining colours in flags.
“What do bright colours have to do with it?”

“Colours represented countries back when they competed with each other. Red white and blue for the United States, or more correctly, blue white and red for France.”

4 Likes

Ok (no offense) but i highly doubt anybody in the northern mariana islands or norfolk island would have a gaming account

…How fitting.

8 Likes

Ah yes, the unplaceable accent so you don’t fit in anywhere. Tis a curse I know well. Would you rather just have a well defined Scottish accent then?

1 Like

Just found out people found my videos by searching the word “shirtless” into YouTube.

It was just me testing the Carpathian Mountains outfit on other levels (mod obviously)

Capture

19 Likes

The Hitman fans sure know what they want ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

7 Likes

hitman fans playing untouchable:

3 Likes

Python is an easy to use powerful programming language

Python:

Screenshot (28)_LI

4 Likes

keysmash

5 Likes

Pretty much. Secretly though, I’d love to sound like Sean Connery.

1 Like

I’m missing travelling tonight. We’re watching Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy. It’s basically the same food travel type show Anthony Boursin used to have only every episode is set in a different Italian city.

This photo is from today of 4 years ago inside the medina in Marrakesh.

16 Likes

I can genuinely hear him telling the smoking bloke “I am once again asking for your combat support”. :joy:

2 Likes

Ahhh, that makes me think of his amazing shumimashen in Rising Sun (Japanese word with a Connery Scottish accent) :laughing:

3 Likes

Releasing a single / music video on Friday. Lead song from our EP which will also be announced then. I’ll post it here so you can boo and throw virtual eggs at the screen.

5 Likes