What's New....?

Yeah yeah I saw that coming from a mile away, several miles away in fact, you picked the most obvious reference but I understand if it is your first day.

that’s the english/european pronunciation. loo is pretty much strictly us, i think?

1 Like

And flat. We wouldn’t say that in Canada.

2 Likes

The Americans don’t do that. Although we should bc it’s proper. Instead we say
“Lu tenant”

1 Like

i knew there was a reason i liked canadians.

3 Likes

For some reason I say it this way. It’s on my top two words I can’t pronounce without thinking about it list.

Nuclear and stock. I say nuclear the way W Bush says it and I pronounce stock the same way normal people pronounce stalk like Jack and the beanstalk.

1 Like

Don’t kill me…

1 Like

that’s not a negative in my book :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I’m hoping there is some interest in this. If so, please respond in the poker thread.

Edit* it’s just fake chips so it’s all just for fun. 100% Free to play!!
https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hmf-poker-game/6321/67?u=yacob

It’s so much funnier in german

“Nukular. Das Wort heißt Nukular” :joy:

God I miss Norbert Gastell

1 Like

Recently found @Ibbe in the local toy store :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

26 Likes

Hahaha what a cutie :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

Edit:

well someone up there clearly heard my screams of agony :sweat_smile: I’M BACK!

19 Likes

Welcome to the Admired-Club :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Yay!! I feel like the order of the old forum is almost restored :joy:

3 Likes

Whoo! Just finished one of the major acting projects of my Second year. An intensive acting workshop of works from George Bernard Shaw. I played 3 characters from different excerpts of plays, we all had to use the RP dialect (British English) and a memorized script, which we streamed together through Zoom to friends, family and faculty.
We did it twice, with one run-through taking just about 6 hours. (I wasn’t on for the whole 6 hours, but we were all in the same Zoom room for that long!)

While I tripped up some of my lines on the second time today, I made it through! Ooh, I feel so amped up!!

14 Likes

That would be very ironic if one of those plays was Pygmalion. Still, that sounds like a great project, and I’m glad that you made it through. Sounds very exciting, although I imagine requires so much work to be a good actor.

1 Like

I wasn’t one of the characters in it, but yes there were some scenes from Pygmalion.

1 Like

That’s interesting. Just feel having all the actors be forced to use RP dialect for that play would be almost against the spirit of the play if you ask me. But saying that though I have no authority on that sortof thing.

1 Like

Yeah, it was more the decision of our teacher.

We also did a majority of St. Joan, which is set in France, in RP. We were originally going to use our normal voices, but ultimately decided that because we got the whole training on RP and all our other plays are using it… why not?

1 Like