When will hitman 2 access get released for the player who own hitman 2 in steam?.. I don't want to purchase the same game twice.. :(

I’ll also say, as someone who bought the access pass like a silly man, that I wouldn’t really sweat it too much anyway. Nice to have them all in the same executable obviously, but the new reflections are a real mixed bag with the downsides of SSR being obvious and their appearance even being iffy (concrete is not a mirror IOI). There are no real changes or improvements beyond that, so it’s really just convenience thing.

1 Like

I have been following the story, it is baffling they waited until the week before release to properly announce it to the fanbase rather than ahead of time. It reads like damage control to me. I don’t mind it being delayed but the fact they sprung it upon the fanbase when they clearly must have known well ahead of time is sort of nasty.

1 Like

Charitably you could say they tried working something out as long as possible, then finally gave up, but… yeah, who knows.

Seems like Epic’s boss is the one that made them say they’d still do it.

What takes time about content that is already installed and that they can already SELL access too?

Exactly and when you talk to EPIC they refer you to IO. This is all so unclear and frustrating.

Why would you even reach out to Epic? IO have said they’re actively working on sorting it over the coming weeks (just over two weeks ago), so its just a matter of waiting for whatever the legal/technical issue was to be resolved.

The maps are exactly the same as they were in H2, so its not like there are massive changes people are missing out on. So in the meantime, if you want to play H2 locations, just fire up H2. :confused:

2 Likes

That was not “Originally”, that was the statement released 5 days pre launch. Don’t spread false information please.

Doesn’t matter if it was only five days before, it was still their original announcement of specific plans in regards to how previously purchased content would be redeemed for H3. No false information given.

2 Likes

Licenses between Distribution Platforms. When purchasing Digital Titles such as games and DLC you buy the License for it not a real physical tangible disk.

For PC they don’t have a single unified digital distribution platform. To name a few.

• Steam

• GOG

• Epic Game Store

• Origin

• Windows 10 Store

The issue with Hitman 2 is that people’s access/License for that content is tied to Steam and their respected Steam Account it isn’t a unified storefront where you can just expect to own something on someplace different.

Now if you wanna know why you don’t have said content available it’s just a bunch of legal lingo that is used in User Agreements that companies ask us to read, but we don’t and we voluntarily agree with it while being oblivious to the stuff we allow them to do.

https://store.steampowered.com/eula/243950_eula_0

So essentially the process to get content you “Own” is gonna be behind closed doors between Steam, Epic, and IO.

1 Like

See. Now this is actually honest and informative. I knew it was something like this. Not any less frustrating though, and its not like I didn’t notice that “coming weeks” isn’t really a timeframe but a placeholder.

Since Epic boss Tim Sweeney was the one to say the Epic deal wouldn’t force people to re-buy Hitman 2, I’d guess he’s paying IOI something to give it away and they’re just working out the details, either payment amount or how to figure out who owns it on Steam or whatever else. It’s gonna take time to shake out those details.

I’m “discussing” this with him on twitter rn. Pretty one sided so far lol.

i get it but wasnt it another good reason to not go to epic XD im questioning their choice soooo hard

1 Like

They are guarantee … i hope its gonna happend and if not atleast i wish can sue them or something… cuz i bought hitman 1 and hitman 2 and they say its not will be a problem.

They chose the best option by going with Epic.

IO most recent financial statement says that deals with platforms like Epic is one of the reasons why they were able to open the Malmo studio and get the James Bond IP. The pros have significantly outweighed the cons with the deal.

It sucks there is a bit of waiting required to get the H2 locations into H3, but waiting a few weeks isn’t that big of deal. It’s definitely better than having to pay for the content again at least.

End of “free PR” statement.

To see the results !

2 Likes

The best option very much depends. The best option for the companys’ financial results probably. The best option for the pc player experience definitely not, as proven by all these threads

Today (Feb 5th), here’s an update: Whilst we’ve been busy launching HITMAN 3, we’ve also been working on the promised solution for allowing PC players to import locations that they already own into HITMAN 3 on Epic. We’ve got that solution worked out and it’s currently being tested and verified from all angles to make it as robust as possible. In terms of timing, it’s definitely a case of sooner rather than later. Even with the longest estimates we’ve looked at, the solution will be fully rolled out before the end of February. We’ll keep you updated with the next steps.

Short answer : this month. :grin:

10 Likes

Now that’s a good and concise statement on the matter :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Good news we are waiting !