Where do you live? Where are you from?

I was born in Romania in Drobeta Turnu Severin, a place with a very important historic past but I grew up in Italy on the Garda lake and I consider this place my home for quite a lot of time.

Riva del Garda. My small Sapienza replica :smile:

original

al-lago-camping-hotel

20 Likes

Sweet Home, Chicago

12 Likes

jokes on you, I live in an actual sapienza replica as its actually in italy :sunglasses:calasettaspiaggiagrande

(Sapienza was inspired by some town called Amalfi but I have an even smaller version called calasetta. Iā€™m not gonna name the beach as youā€™ll probably find me there :wink: )

5 Likes

I know. I had lotā€™s of coworkers from your place and I was planning to come visit one day.

5 Likes

Wow, thanks for all your answers! Itā€™s very nice to see that this community is so varied with people from all over the world!

Yeah, I know that story! Amazing! Itā€™s a pity that cologne is mostly known for itā€™s carnival :sweat_smile:

Well thatā€™s interesting! I will google that whole story. Did you took that picture?

I just googled it, it is amazing :heart_eyes: so beautiful!

Especially in big cities where snow is very rare. In cologne we have snow for about two or three days a year and every time everyone here freaks out. In my hometown itā€™s different, there is much snow the whole winter and everyone is like ā€œmehā€ :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

unfortunately, I wasnā€™t able to get close to the site whilst they were searching for it, so this is someone elseā€™s picture. What is even more interesting is that they built a small museum dedicated to Richard III over the car park, they even kept the hole that they dug out and placed a glass panel above it so you can walk over it!

13 Likes

That looks cool! Looks better than a parking lot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

From Brisbane in Australia, itā€™s alright.

We have the honour of being the bronze medal for Australian cities. Everyone talks about Sydney and Melbourne and if they have any time left Brisbane gets mentioned a little.

10 Likes

Well that sums up my career in school sports :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I bet itā€™s nice to live in a big beautiful city that isnā€™t overwhelmed with tourists. Iā€™m sure you get your fair share of them, and obviously the tourism is part of what gives a city its charm, but in the summer where I live the downtown is crazy!!!

4 Likes

I am from a tiny village in the North East of England. Itā€™s truly awful and I plan to leave soon :joy:

11 Likes

Oh okay, why? Is it the city or the people who live there?

4 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly the problem, it isnā€™t a city :smile: itā€™s a truly tiny village, like around 200 people. Though the people arenā€™t too bad, itā€™s just thereā€™s nothing interesting around (unless you like grass and sheep?)

I moved to a city for university and itā€™s just much more my speed. You get to meet loads of interesting people and never have nothing to do :grin: Iā€™m only back at my childhood home at the moment because of Covid and looking for a graduate jobs

5 Likes

Iā€™m from Auckland, New Zealand. But now living in Waikato and has been for about 5 years ago.

Anyone whoā€™s ever lived or traveled to Auckland will know there are far better places to be than to be without terrible traffic problems. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I think I know where.

10 Likes

If only that was a joke. I used to bartend in a pub in my village and the locals are exactly like the ones in that pub :joy:

Also A++ choice of films there, youā€™re a real one Swang

10 Likes

What can I say. I grew up in a video store before they went extinct.

4 Likes

11 Likes

I can do that too!

9 Likes

Now your just derailing the thread and trying to be cool like me lol

5 Likes