Where do you usually buy games?

Hi all. I was wondering where most people buy PC games. It is clear that for consoles they mainly buy in original stores like playstation or xbox . Although there you can buy for a PC, but I have not met such people. A lot of my friends buy games on steam , some from difmark or some other sites. In short, there are many options. I’m curious to know which services do you prefer? Which one do you trust more? Or is it just the price? (because that’s basically all that matters to me)

2 Likes

Steam is my main source for buying games. But I might also get something from Epic. Maybe if it’s free or greatly reduced. I don’t have Good Ol’ Games, but there was something about that in Epic. Not really sure or concerned about it. :confused:

2 Likes

I don’t care much where I get them. Price and availability are the only concerns. I’ve bought (relatively recently) from Epic, Steam, Origin/EA, Good Old Games, Amazon, and Legacy.

1 Like

Steam so they’re all in the same place. Really annoying when I’m forced to choose between buying from another store or wait longer to get it on Steam… like Epic store exclusives…

1 Like

Mostly Steam, sometimes I have to use key shops for games that are unavaiable in Germany (like the Wolfenstein series, at least a few years ago). Then I used Stadia a lot and it was awesome, but meh. Now it’s back to Steam.

1 Like

I’m on PlayStation, so for new releases that I want to get my hands on I’ll probably get it from the PS Store. If the game is a bit older, I’ll either grab a physical copy from somewhere local (as digital games don’t really depreciate) or see if there’s a big sale coming up on the PS Store (for example, I got 85% off of the Witcher 3 GotY Edition in a sale). I won’t ever order a physical game online, as I’ve had couriers break the disc case and even scratch up the disc (somehow?) in the past.

2 Likes

I am on Playstation and I mostly purchase physical disk from amazon or flipkart (an e commerce site).
Both these sites gives good prices and delivers genuine sealed physical copies.
Otherwise I get it from Playstation store but the digital copies doesnot give good offers and as I avoid international payment transfers on the store, I buy PS points in amazon and redeem the vouchers points.
Sample deal today -

I mean I compare the prices in both amazon and ps store and choose it.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I tend to use Steam, Epic and PS Store. I buy games from them based upon availability and price. Also the fact that the PS5 can run most games much better than my PC.

2 Likes