Why does 47 look so shiny in my game?

47 in my game looks way too shiny. i don’t know how to fix the problem. this issue occurs on all maps

i uninstalled lighting ultimate and 2016 47’s face mod, but the issue still persists.

i updated the drivers, but no luck

here is what he looks like

1 Like

Introducing: 47 The Airbender

1 Like

I suppose some mods or textures (if you swapped them) affect the situation.
I advise you to remove all the mods and see if that fixes the situation.
If it does, install mods back one by one and this way you’ll find the guilty one.
Then just either not use it or look for updated version of the broken mode/texture

4 Likes

20 Likes

Same reason he has small hands.

2 Likes

I miss the thread about his feminine hands.

9 Likes

i found the culprit. one suit mod i installed made 47 shiny for all of his suits and disguises, for some reason

3 Likes

BabyHands

4 Likes

he looks so greasy. god. this reminds me of that sweaty 47 mod someone posted about on the old forum.

sorry that your 47 doesn’t know how to use deodorant, Niobium. wouldn’t really know how to help you but I hope you can get this fixed soon lmao

edit: oh never mind, I’m glad you got that fixed. that would’ve been really distracting to play with forever.

2 Likes

Cool, now my brain is singing Baby Hands to the tune of Baby Shark. Just what I needed right now.

3 Likes

From what I understand, this is to do with mods conflicting with how the materials got changed in the Raytracing update. I had the exact same symptom with a rather lovely mod that gives 47 a holster and such. If you have any suit replacements, uninstall them one by one until you find the naughty mod, then reinstall until all naughty mods are purged.

1 Like

Your Absolution Suit doesn’t even have a tie clip. Your shit’s all fucked up, bro.

Crackhead

5 Likes

he looks funny i guess. And yeah his hands are really baby

Hi, I know I am incredibly late to this post,
but for anyone else experiencing this and the aforementioned solutions above don’t work:

Make sure you haven’t enabled sparse-grid super-sampling of any kind. For whatever reason, it makes everything look wet or shiny, and is incredibly easy to replicate for those curious.

You can disable/enable it using Nvidia Profile Inspector.

Proof of replication:

I very much hope this helps someone!
- Knew

2 Likes