Why does Colombia look so BAD in Hitman 3?

Or ‘off’ to be less clickbaity and more accurate. Ive noticed in Digital Foundry comparisons and my own gameplay colombia has the weirdest look of all legacy locations. Weird graphical pop in, weirdly subdued lighting, downplayed visual effects, etc.

1 Like

It’s a shame because it is a good looking map normally

3 Likes

I didn’t noticed that looks bad in any means. It’s my personaly one of four best maps in whole WoA (1. Berlin, 2. Miami, 3. Santa Fortuna, 4. New York).

What do you mean by “So Bad” ? And how that can be compared to how bad is train from Carpahta Mountains in any means, including lighting etc

1 Like

I wish Chongqing could be like Colombia
One of the best maps. With alot of travel

1 Like

As someone who exclusively played Hitman 3 in the trilogy, the map isn’t noticeably bad to me.

I think the only legacy map that looked bad was Paris. It has this weird issue where going to different locations causes your surroundings to be really dark briefly before it “adjusts” and lightens up. Hate that a lot.

4 Likes

I was looking for explanations as to what cause the visual bugs and instead i get people saying it doesnt look bad at all. Lol you dont have to habitually defend it im a fan of the game too

No one is defending it because we are fans, it’s called a opinion.
I personally think it looks slightly more downgraded than Hitman 2, but it still looks good.

2 Likes

I don’t defending just curious why you use very strong words like look so bad. I personaly think that Santa Fortuna looks fantastic that why I was curious why you have different opinion, and what makes you feel that. Carpatia Mounthains looks BAD, and calling Santa Fortuna that same weigh of words is quite… harsh

1 Like

This isnt an aesthetic thing, im asking why in santa fortuna theres this weird flickering effect on the foliage

2 Likes

show screenshots, maybe it’s just a bug in your version. i don’t know

2 Likes

Oh for god sake i dont even have the game installed rn

You don’t have Hitman installed? Absolutely disgusted by your actions.

Jokes ofc, i only just have enough space with it installed!:joy:

2 Likes

A lot of maps had that, not just Paris. But ioi fixed that a while back with a patch. I haven’t seen it since (Xbox).

I thought the visual dip was a result of ioi bringing down the overall file size for Hitman 3 + All DLC (considering it"s 3 games rolled into 1).

So the graphics/effects took a hit (DF, which you mentioned, showed how A LOT of stuff was downgraded).

2 Likes

I’m on Xbox and still get it for a couple seconds quite frequently

2 Likes