Why is Colorado hated

I get what you mean about Berlin as the targets are too simple, but in its defense at least there’s some uniqueness to it, as you get to choose who you kill, which hasn’t been done before. I would have loved more options though as it verges closely to a created contract IMO.

I think Berlin’s atmosphere saves it, it’s an improved Attack of the Saints where you are hunting the hunters, but not as awkward or linear. Plus the level just feels way more expansive than the farm

1 Like

I also hate the house in Colorado especially the second floor with that annoying enforcer walking through the narrow hallway

its a militia camp so i dont think they’d want some random dude walking in it

2 Likes

I don’t hate it. It’s not my favorite map, but I still enjoy it. It is very open, yes, but I like the different parts, the garden, the barn, the house. And it has some funny kills.

And I love the secret where you get dressed as the scarecrow, setting everyone on fire haha I miss such things in Hitman 3. I should play Sapienza again to release the kraken.

3 Likes

Colorado is not my favorite mission but I’m starting to appreciate it a lot more now. I do love the guerilla warfare atmosphere of the map

4 Likes

Interesting. Always thought Colorado falls into the Midwest (as would Montana and Wyoming). Then again, I´m not exactly an expert on US geography, so… :sweat_smile: Oh well, you learn something new every day.

But still, wouldn´t only Washington, Oregon, and California qualify as proper “West Coast”? Based on actual access to the ocean? And Colorado is quite far inland… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Can´t judge what it looks like in real life from experience, but I certainly do agree it is dull and bland in game. I´d imagine if you wanted to do a level in Colorado, you´d go for a ski resort or something to show off the nature more. Not a farm in the middle of a plain with mountains way in the distance…

4 Likes

Well at the beginning it was a huge factory :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Living in Arizona, and south of Colorado, I can confirm that Colorado is not a “west coast” state. It is a Western state though. Half of it is in the plains and half of it is in the Rockies. It is not Midwest either. That’s more Illinois and Wisconsin.

I liked Colorado because it’s so hostile so suit only isn’t practical (I hate that play style). It feels sort of like home to me being where it is.

5 Likes

Colorado can be beautiful in real life but it’s beautiful in Hitman as well.

The sunrise hitting the autumn trees and a puddle on the ground is so nice.

8 Likes

I liked pink Colorado from the GOTY Update, i think.

3 Likes

Pink Colorado was nice but it’s my least favourite of the 3.

Do still miss it, it’d go well with a flamingo suit.

3 Likes

Just wish we could play all 3 versions :neutral_face:

Still idk why people don’t prefer the original Colorado, the other ones just edited version of a really great atmosphere.

It’s sad that people call the original Colorado boring bc that’s why we got the pink version and later IO tried “fixing it” by adding filters.

Back in 2016 IO even talked about how they wanted the levels to feel like it was happening rn somewhere irl:

2:11 in this video

How can it feel real if it doesn’t even look real?

12 Likes

Colorado is quite a messy level in its design, changed multiple times, mostly because of time constraints, worked on by many people to try and finish it asap…
Like I said it was first a factory, then they cut it off to being a farm, then the TOD was at night, but probably too hard to implement features for this specific time they changed it to evening (just like Paris)
And then because people found it dull they decided to make it more vibrant only to be a people pleaser.

Personally I like all the styles of Colorado, I just like the map in general no matter the visuals, but if you’re a bit picky with the maps’ looks then at least mods do exist to edit the atmosphere however you like, just like @musicalmushr00m’s mod:

8 Likes

People say Colorado feels too much like Absolution because it’s hostile.

But all the games had hostile maps, it feels more like how C47-Contracts had a blend of hostile and non-hostile. People who base the entire series around Blood Money don’t realise this was how the series always was.

I see Colorado as a kind of Beldingford Manor stand in, at least I did until H3. It’s a house that is entirely hostile, surrounded by people with guns ready to shoot you and it has a barn. All we needed was a horse in Colorado to be perfect.

Colorado was probably the closest thing we had to Contracts aesthetic before H3. This was a pretty grungy looking place, all it needed was rain and a little more darkness.

7 Likes

never saw the original colorado before! only knew the pink and then the one after that… the original definitely sets a different, more serious tone. the others look like instagram pictures

2 Likes

To me it doesn´t feel like Absolution because of the hostility (well, not primarily anyway). I don´t mind that aspect of the mission. It´s the setting that does it. A farm in the middle of nowhere, mountains in the distance, plus the pink/red/purple sky make the mission feel too much like Attack of the Saints (specifically the final segment). The hostile nature just kinda ads to that. I never got to play the OG Colorado actually, so I´m not sure whether the Absolution feeling would´ve been different (I´ll give mushroom´s lighting mod a go at some point). Also, I think another reason why people (including myself) are not particularly fond of the mission is because the setting just feels too generic and meh compared to most of the other WoA locations. However, my main issue with it is simply that it doesn´t offer/do enough to justify its four targets. Two? Sure. But four…

That being said, I still like the mission, just like the others. Only I don´t feel like playing it as much as other ones. It´s not bad, but rather disappointing in certain regards (as is the case with Bangkok or Chongqing for me).

Actually it´s set early in the morning, unless they goofed up the compass :smiley:

I need to check out the Alpha. Super curious about what it could´ve been like :thinking:

1 Like

Arizona, Utah and Nevada are not West Coast states. Western states, yes, but West Coast states, very much no.

5 Likes

i think the same for Bangkok
Why peoples hates bangkok so much
For me Bangkok in the top 5 maps in triology. Hotel in east asia what can be so bad? and its nice for contracts and beautiful view😎

Colorado i hate too because its 4 targets. Its remind me Hitman Absolution too, and the view boring its look horrible and the starting location and suits in the map boring too

–>Ken Morgan has one of the worst routes in the trilogy and has no personality.
–>The infiltration methods are very limited because the verticality is absolutely awful.
–>Paris’ soundtrack is reused for the music.
–>The public areas are awful for contracts because there aren’t many ways to isolate the NPCs and there isn’t a lot of potential for accidents either.
–>All of the exits are on the lowest levels and the hotel has many floors.
–>Some of the enforcer placements are really annoying like the guy at the entrance of the recording studio or the hotel manager.
–>Half of the hotel is closed for guests.

I think that I have already said enough.This is the absolute worst map in the trilogy in my opinion,but everyone has their own opinion.

13 Likes

Yes, his basic route is awful, but at least there are mission stories that divert him to different parts of the hotel, which is still better than what Berg or Parvati or Hush or most of the Berlin agents have to offer. And speaking of the agents, what were you saying about no personality? :grin:

Other than that, agree with all your points. This map/mission seriously needs some opening up and extra routes. Would make it so much better…

4 Likes