Will initialising my PS4 wipe my Hitman progress once I eventually get Hitman 3 for PS5?

Title. (Also note, asked this on Reddit and someone indicated I shouldn’t have a problem, but I wanted to make sure from others on here, so:)

I recently got a PS5 and didn’t transfer Hitman 1 and 2 because it’s about 100Gb and SSD real estate is pretty precious right now.

I want to initialise my PS4 so I can sell it, but just want to make sure I won’t lose progress on 1 and 2 ahead of eventually getting 3… which I don’t think I will, since your progress is linked to your PSN ID/IOI account, right?

(Sorry if this has been covered before; couldn’t find info on it here.)

It won’t wipe progress from the game. Think of the progression carryover as a save point in the game, and the progression system picking that save state. It’ll just select the recent save state, but will not delete progress from the game.

2 Likes

Sweet, so in other words, I can initialise and sell on the PS4 as long as my PSN/IOI accounts are linked (they are) and I should be fine, right?

Have the carryover issues been resolved or are the servers still pretty clogged?

Sweet, so in other words, I can initialise and sell on the PS4 as long as my PSN/IOI accounts are linked (they are) and I should be fine, right?

Pretty much.

The site seems to be fine now. Try not to go in peak times, which is partially what caused the issue.

Servers don’t like it when there’s too many incoming connections, and thus, they crash. Spinning up more servers helps, but it takes a few hours for the effects to be seen. Even Valve and Epic have trouble with this, so it’s not limited to IOI, despite what many claim online. Me and my brother call this “accidental DDOS-ing”, as it’s just people trying to get onto the site without realising that doing so slows it all down.

1 Like

Great.

I’m in no rush, aiming to get Demon’s Souls before I… hit… Hitman 3.

At that point the server situation will probably have stabilised.