☕ Workplace Discussions

Oh what a nice thread. I actually love my job! I’m working part time as an “integration assistance” (I don’t know if this is the exact english term). It means that I am working with a child with disabilities and I am helping him during school. He needs support when he eats for example, or when he goes to the toilet. But he also needs some breaks during the lessons, because he hasn’t the patience to sit very long, so I am there to go to the playground a little with him, or to snooze. Because teachers can’t just let the whole class alone just to snooze with him :sweat_smile:

I am still studying, doing my Master. I also want to become a teacher for children with disabilities. Well, at least that’s what I’m studying. I will definitely finish the Master but I’m not sure anymore if I still want to become a teacher. I’m doing the job as an integration assistance for almost ten years now an I love working so individually with just a few children. I also developed a huge interest in supported communication. So who knows, maybe I will look for something there :woman_shrugging:

Sometimes it’s hard. Because I’m 34 and I don’t have my own children and I also never want to have children. So sometimes people tell me that I am not a good pedagogue because I don’t have own children. I know it’s bullshit, but still it hurts sometimes. I think I need to develop a thicker skin, so things like that won’t hurt me so much. Because I’m sure the older I get, the more people will say this to me :neutral_face:

8 Likes

So, on numerous occasions, the hotel I work at was close to being filled up but not quite. If we had up to so many Rms, I was told to make some fake guests, then run our system process for rolling the business date over (it’s called the ‘Night Audit’ - which might seem confusing given what I’m going talk about).

We need at least 55 out of 57 Rms to get some kind of bonus from whoever (the main company, I guess).

So after the extra fake guests are put into the system, then the system date rolls over - I need to go back in and post adjustments on those fake Rms. There’s no way to post a method of payment on a fake guest, but the extra Rms gets us that whatever bonus money for that business date. :money_mouth_face:

Now. Anytime we make an adjustment we’re supposed to put a reason why we’re doing it.

Let’s just say I got a little too creative with my reasons. Stuff like “Room was not cleaned, urine and feces on floor, guest furious!”

Or “housekeeper walked in on guest while he was… Demanded a full refund!”

And that’s only 2 that come immediately to mind.

Just crazy :cow: :poop:

I guess now the main company is Auditing us… And I guess they must be looking at some of those ones where I put the crazy/“snarky” reasons and the GM has to have an excuse as for why I… Or we did those.

She could get in trouble. On one hand I have to chuckle, on the other I feel like :grimacing: “oh crap!”

I don’t know exactly how many they’re looking at… I guess I’ll have to tell her if she needs to make something up and throw me under the bus - then I guess go ahead and do it. I don’t know what the worst thing is that could come from it if “the company” finds out what’s going on. Hopefully it’s not some ridiculously huge fine. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes