Year 2 - April Roadmap question

I believe this dry spell is due to Year 2 not originally going to happen. From interviews, H3 exceeded sales expectations, so new content was greenlit from this, and this new content takes time.

H1’s content was mostly planned before launch. H2’s expansion content was too, as it was full on locations instead.

With H3, there wasn’t much planned from the get go. In fact, the game was coming in hot thanks to COVID; it almost didn’t launch with human voice actors. Even the Deluxe Escalations weren’t all out at launch.

The escalation format allowed them to put more content out without a full missions worth of resources, but there were complaints. Now that they’re dedicating time to work on the real content many complained about wanting, there is still the undercurrent of impatientness that is very eye-rolling for me at least.

I’m still just glad this game even got made considering IOI’s independence struggles. There are plenty of other games to play while waiting for the stuff many will burn though in a few days anyway.

4 Likes

Escaltion is shit, but IOI doesn’t seem to have anything to replace it. So escalation is better than nothing

I won’t say anything if they simply confirm that there is not April Roadmap, but the “not ready yet” statement made me wandering and expecting something surprising every Thursday, only to be disappointed every week. I’d rather get told that there’s no roadmap for April.

And I think the complaints we had today is due to that IOI was doing quite good in H1&2 and we are expecting something like that in H3. I understand the difficulty of being independent and COVID impact, but fact is that not everyone understands it and H3 is indeed worse than 1&2. This is an offical forum so not many sharp criticism can be seen here, but in other place it’s not like that. In QQ, Tieba and Bilibili (Chinese verison of discord, reddit and Youtube) IOI is nearly scolded as junk (and other ugly words)

(I’m not saying Chinese players are impolite I’m just saying what I see as youtube, discord and reddit can’t be visited in China)

I agree that IOI would have probably been better off being up front with the releases this month, but the stuff people want was announced in January anyway. They’re not going to sneak in a substantial surprise in the meantime.

I speculate that the reception of ET Arcade shifted how more ETAs are being made, which is why there are not any new ones ready and maybe why this month’s roadmap didn’t surface properly.

2 Likes

Freelancer is probably going be be monthly content tbh. I don’t expect Freelancer is going to drop with absolutely everything in it that it will ever have. I’m expecting that they’ll be adding contracts to it over time as live weekly content, after launching with only a small number of contracts to begin with.

3 Likes

Hitman 3 terrible even escalations cost money. The maps was smaller.
they are downgrage from season 1 and season 2. If the only thinga was Egg Hunt and Garden show its explain alot…

What will be on April Roadmap New items Featured Contracts
Kind Regards Sean Morrison

Currently, no new rewards for FC completion has been added recently.

…wow…

I honestly have no words.

1 Like

Long turn to the train
I think we have to wait too much for the good content of the year😒