Year 3 Hopes and Dreams

Timed Proximity Bomb Alarm Clock
A timed proximity bomb fashioned to appear like a harmless alarm clock.

• Legal Item, not detected in a frisk, not a criminal action to place down
  • Not an interesting item, NPC will ignore it
  • Becomes a proximity bomb after 1 minute
  • Alarm will start blaring, making it an interesting object to NPC

I love spytech items that are designed to look like something else, and I think this device would be a cool assassination tool. This would be an item that has a very situational usage, with both advantages and disadvantages to the remote and regular proximity explosives. This item requires you know where your victim will be and when, since NPC will completely ignore this item until the alarm sounds. You are safe to pick this item back up for 1 minute after placing it, but after that it will act as a regular proximity bomb to you as well. This item would be useful if for example you know an NPC will be in a specific area very soon, but that area currently has NPC you do not want to be the ones setting off the bomb.

1 Like

This is close to one of the things that I’ve wanted: remote-triggered proximity devices. Rather than having a proximity device arm immediately after you put it down, give us a remote that can arm the proximity trigger.

2 Likes

I remember when I was a kid my grandma had a lamp that was “touch activated”. You touched the metal base of the lamp and it would turn on. I assume it might have been reactive to static electricity, or grounding I suppose. If you wanted to make this item slightly different you could make it not explode on proximity, but upon being touched by an NPC (ie at the start of their pick up item animation).

I wish we got unlocks unique to Freelancer also in normal inventory, like micro proximity taser, ica impact device and Assasin’s HWK21. Also, that unused HWK21 Covert that got accidentaly leaked in May patch.

5 Likes

This one surprises me that it hasn’t been an unlock or appeared in Freelancer. My only guess is that it was going to be an ET arcade unlock but they hadn’t implemented it so they gave out the Striker V3 instead, then decided to do other things for later unlocks when it was implemented

1 Like

I mean I think its the same gun just with an extended mag instead, maybe the extended mag was removed to make it slightly more balanced in freelancer (as it is effectively the go to gun for early and mid gameplay)

A million times this, I need this for my dream World Of Tomorrow role-playing run: please IOI, help a clone brother out!

4 Likes

Honestly, now thinking about it, its strange that IO didn’t add them as unlocks in Freelancers mastery track, it would have been easy to replace the incredibly pointless merces payments that nobody needs with them.

My guess is though that just wasn’t something they though of, and that the street art and makeshift packs were supposed to go there in the place of the merces payments in the mastery track originally, however they were monetized instead to subsidize the cost of developing the mode and a possible year 3

2 Likes

I’d really love an option to disable reflections on PS4… Either that, or a way to transfer progress to PC (that would be my ultimate wish) - after some time, all those wet-looking materials make me feel sick :confused: I’m having a seriously hard time playing Isle of Sgàil, unlike Hitman 2, yet not opting for “World of Assassination” heavily impacts game content.

1 Like