Year 3 - May Patch Notes

Hello guys :blush:

Thank you for keeping the game updated after all those months, it deserves it!

Definitely some interesting improvements, especially gameplay-wise:

• Critical and needed improvements like the GPU memory leak, stability and crash fixes, infinite pickup, bugged prompt in sapienza…
  • Contracts Mode enabled at ICA Training
  • Less starting suit restrictions
  • Puddle improvements overall
  • Throwable items at camera, nice job!

Those are welcome improvements to the game, thanks guys!

Regarding Freelancer Mode:

• Freelancer tweaks (like the timed and prestige objectives)
  • House tweaks (prompt, fuse and nail, open and close)
  • Gameplay tweaks: objectives, sa rewards
  • Closing the train exit in mumbai, avoiding another useless moment of frustration :sweat_smile:

Also thanks for the new items and unlocks. However despite all those good news, removing the ALT+F4 possibility is a big mistake in my opinion, and the major black point in this update:

This interesting rogue-like mode challenges the player on improvisation and one-timed events, but there are so much things that could go wrong during the game (bugs, crashes, NPCs seeing through walls as examples) that not having the ability to cancel this and auto-failing the mission will be a big problem, especially when some of your items stored in house are removed, as well as your merces for not always fair reasons.

I think you should enable the possibility for anyone to be able to exit the game without registering unfortunate progress, as lots of problems could occur while playing.

For those interested, here is my first impressions of Freelancer, made before this new patch: Freelancer - General Discussion - #3341 by PatteDeFruit

Thank you for reading me, cheers!

6 Likes