Year 3 - Winter Roadmap

The Cloud Nine Challenge Pack is out.
There are three challenges, each unlocking an item, in three locations.

Nothing but Clear KAIs - Hokkaido (unlock the White Sunset Suit)

• Sabotage the KAI Mainframe in Hokkaido

Welcome to Business Class - Whittleton Creek (unlock the Orange Pinstrip Briefcase)

• Dressed as a Server, Pacify any Target in Whittleton Creek by throwing a suitcase at them

Back Down to Earth - Ambrose Island (unlock the Sunset Rubber Duck)

• Blow up the Satellite Control Unit on Ambrose Island

On one hand, the challenges are rather standard, even bland. On the other hand, I havenā€™t deactivated KAI, or blown the Satellite Control Unit in year(s), so it will be genuinely nice to play them again :slight_smile:
Besides, we are all here mainly for the sweet items, and the whopping 8000xp.

17 Likes

Really hoping that the re-run ETs are re-activations of the Y1/Y2/Y3 versions (or at very least just the Y1 versions, which have never been re-run unlike the Y2 versions, and which lock Steam players out of a perfect record) so that people who missed ETs previously can try and get these versions ticked off.

Itā€™s the same targets and nothing new to anyone, and IMO would be the player-friendly move as no one needs a separate Y4 version of the same ETs weā€™ve played many times before.

10 Likes

As a person who has the Public Enemy suit already (it was accidentally unlocked during the recent patch), it is a classy AF suit to use ā€“ Hereā€™s a sneaky peak:

I like the jumper thatā€™s coming; we need more casual options and Iā€™m sure you Tumblr fanfic writers will be happy.

Iā€™m glad the stadia stuff is releasing today! Iā€™ve wanted the suitcase and suit for years now! I do appreciate the challenges being puns on servers, which made me giggle.

Elusive Target Galore sounds interesting! The wording implies that itā€™s going to be limited time, so my best guess as to what this entails is unlocking all the (non-celebrity) ETā€™s for the holiday season. :crossed_fingers:

Decent roadmap as things go, Iā€™m looking forward to ET Galore!

13 Likes

Pretty boring stuff, I see.
Nothing compared to the Codename 47 challenges.

I like how all the stadia challenges have something to do with servers

21 Likes

Weā€™ve known for a while the stadia stuff is incoming, IOI themselves said they wanted to make it available to everyone as the platform is literally dead now. Really, this took longer than it needed to, but I do appreciate the level-hopping challenges ala the C47 challenge pack.

As for the other platform suits; I wouldnā€™t bet on it anytime soon. Iā€™d wager those would be added once the game reaches EOL (as in, no more content updates, not when the gamesā€™s server dies)

5 Likes

Haha, good spot and a nice little joke-ette from IOI.

3 Likes

Like last time, thereā€™s a challenge section in the career menu!

15 Likes

It took me a second to realise the one in Whittleton Creek.
Well played IOI.

sensible chuckle

(and thanks for pointing that out, I would have missed that small yet fullfilling chuckle without you)

9 Likes

I was under the impression itā€™d be December, especially given the submission deadline, but suppose itā€™s Christmas in january :grin:

3 Likes

I too pointed this out:

8 Likes

It is strange that there was no mention of ā€œHOLIDAY HOLDERSā€ or ā€œHOKKAIDO SNOW FESTIVALā€, which were supposed to be added to the contract mode.

I own HITMAN on PS, XBOX and STEAM, but only on PS have I been able to play Elusive Targets from the beginning of the first year.
I would love to be able to play the first year of Elusive Target on XBOX and STEAM.

Itā€™s fun to see new challenge packs being added one after another.
ā€œSHINOBIā€, ā€œFISHY BUSINESSā€, ā€œSPRING BREAKERā€, etc,I hope that the challenge pack that was also in Hitman 2 will be revived.

5 Likes

I am still waiting for this to be added in

6 Likes

The more I see this roadmap, the more I think we get few content, considering this roadmap will cover almost two months. Donā€™t get me wrong, I appreciate the constant attention to the game IoI did this whole year, beginning with the Freelancer release, and itā€™s also noteworthy the fact this game is still supported for three years in a row, But I still think that basically, this month, and for the whole winter it seems, weā€™ll get three suits and the usual contract curation and ET re-runs, nothing more. HH and HSF were already to the game, and the ET galore is not appealing me, as I have all the suits unlocked and I feel tired of replaying the usual ET, most of wich are present in the Arcade.
The last month, with the brand new ET and three of the most unique and requested suits unlocks, was definetly better, it basically make me return to the game after months of hiatus.

Still good to get new stuff, but I feel a bit underwhelmed by this roadmap.

2 Likes

On ps4 they just released an update wonder what itā€™s for

3 Likes

Remember how I said the next Roadmap would be called the winter roadmap. Pepperidge farm remembers.

6 Likes

So much for contracts in Holiday Hoarders and Snow Festival eh :x

I hope I wonā€™t be disappointed in that ET Galore stuff, although to be fair I would have preferred them to be made available at all times for everyone :confused:

3 Likes

According to IOIā€™s production schedule released in Spring, itā€™s Y2 re-activations.

8 Likes

God I hate this. It looks terrible and is annoying to implement in Peacock.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up.

SIGH

What a waste when the Y2 ETs have already had 2 goes round the block, why not throw people who missed the Y1 targets a bone? Not very impressed with this from IOI.

15 Likes