Yes or No...? 2

My brother practically dragged me into the theater to watch Top Gun: Maverick, as I wasn’t that interested to watch it nor haven’t seen the first one. But I did leave the theater greatly impressed. Really liked it.

4 Likes
  • Rishi Sunak
  • Penny Mordaunt
  • Liz Truss
  • Keir Starmer
  • Boris Johnson
  • Other
  • Don’t Care

0 voters

8 Likes

I have no idea who those people are.

4 Likes

Not even Boris Johnson? Current, disgraced, outgoing prime minister of the United Kingdom? Man of minimal political skill or tact? One of the driving forces behind Brexit? Scandal ridden for at least most of the past year? Nicknamed Europe’s Trump? No?

The others are, admittedly, probably less well known.

Keir Starmer is my favorite character on Prime Minister’s Questions, a reality show where members of parliament spend about an hour yelling over each other to kiss the prime minister’s ass or to try and make him regret his life choices (depending on if they’re his friend or not). Starmer plays the leader of the opposition.

Rishi Sunak, Penny Mordaunt, and Liz Truss used to work for Johnson but now they’re trying to take his job. It’s especially funny because a week ago they told the country Johnson was untrustworthy and unfit for office (after supporting him as recently as earlier that day) but then yesterday they helped beat a vote of no confidence in the government (because they’re afraid of a general election) and Sunak and Truss backed out of the last scheduled debate (because, and I quote, of the damage the first two did to their party’s reputation).

There were others seeking to replace Johnson but they’re out of the race. And, no, I’m not from the UK; I just like to keep up with the political situation in other countries from time to time (though I’m still trying to figure out if it’s nice to see America isn’t the only dumpster fire or more depressing or some weird, morbid combination of the two?).

2 Likes

I looked up Boris on Google and I do recognize the picture. I know next to nothing about the man though. Admittedly, I know next to nothing about most foreign politics, Britain particularly. I think in my youth I was bombarded with so much tabloid news about the royal family I just started to tune out anything related to that country’s government at all.

2 Likes

royals and government are two different beasts. they are both beasts tho.

3 Likes

I only know of Boris Johnson and Keir Starmer. I know Boris was running away from a growing snowball until he couldn’t get away from it anymore (partying during lockdown, mismanagement during COVID, hiring someone of dubious nature). I know little about Keir but that he’s the current Labour leader.

I’m not from the UK but I sometimes like to stay to date on some aspects of global politics.

1 Like

It’s raining.
What will you do?

• Use umbrella
  • Ignore it
  • Enjoy it
  • Run as fast as you can to the destination
  • Stay indoors/shelter

0 voters

2 Likes

I put use an umbrella but it depends on the intensity of the rain :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I use this, muthafucka!

1 Like

It is, but I mean your usual behaviour.
i doubt it’s always cloudburst or thunderstorm :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As a dutch person ive simply learned to live with it. If im on my bike and it starts pouring out. Just keep on going. A lil bit of rain wont kill ya

5 Likes

You’d wish it did when you have to sit hours in your soaked jeans underneat an AC

5 Likes

I live in the desert. It rains here very regularly during the summer monsoon and it barely rains at all the rest of the year. During the summer we actively look forward to being rained on and I’ll go outside and just stand by the pool during a rainstorm. On the occasions I’ve been caught out on my motorcycle during rain I’ll usually just bear through it. Dust storms I pull over for but rain? Nah, It would need to be a sheeting downpour to make me pull over for water.

As for having wet clothes, when it’s a hundred and fifteen degrees out, no clothing stays wet for very long and frankly, the extra chill while it dries is welcome.

6 Likes

One of the best things one can do when it’s raining is to play football outside. It’s not only fun and challenging but also makes great scenery.

2 Likes

I have different “usual behavior” for different rain. :grin:

Which is your favorite target trio of two guys and a girl?
  • Delgado Cartel - Rico Delgado, Andrea Martinez, Jorge Franco
  • Mumbai Mafia - Wazir Kale, Vanya Shah, Dawood Rangan
  • Haven - Tyson Williams, Steven Bradley, Ljudmila Vetrova
  • The Partners - Alexa Carlisle, Carl Ingram, Marcus Stuyvesant
  • Yardbirds - Dorian Lang, Guillaume Maison, Doris Lee
  • Heavenly Guard - Jin Noo, Lhom Kwai, Re Thak

0 voters

For me, it’s really hard to pick between the cartel and the crew from Mumbai, but I think the cartel edges them out just slightly because they are unified and all three have to die to make sure the cartel falls, where as in Mumbai, only Kale is really on Grey’s side, with Shah and Rangan just along for the ride now and with their own ideas of what to do next.

3 Likes
What sort of pizza person are you?
  • I’m a sauce person
  • I’m a cheese person
  • I’m a toppings person
  • I’m a crust person
  • I hate pizza

0 voters

First four options ofc. :pizza:

6 Likes