Yes or No...? 2

2 Likes

It’s a first attempt from 18th century.
I bet only one or two people here played the very first 2 GTA games.
They doesn’t count

2 Likes

It was the first so any limitations it has compared to the sequels can be forgiven.

This on the other hand…

12 Likes

hey, that was awesome.

2 Likes

It is awesome the same way an Amish person would find a Honda Civic awesome. It came from a place of having never seeing anything like it before and not know better things lied around the corner.

2 Likes

It’s actually the only one of that series I’ve played. Never bothered with the later ones.

2 Likes

Some of the leaks are a bit worrying, especially the possibility of them having to…restrict themselves somewhat in trying not to be offensive, but I still have faith in Rockstar’s track record.

Remember the “Hot Coffee” controversy? Barely slowed them down.

3 Likes

But the player will still be able to run over pedestrians on the sidewalk and then get out of the car to loot their pockets?

3 Likes

Oh, I was mainly talking about the story writing. I’m pretty sure random crime sprees are still in. At least I hope it is.

2 Likes

Yea that was kinda my point. I hope they don’t go too overboard with their desire to not be offensive.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/5DwQ4uVBq0s

Who is in the wrong?
  • Francis
  • Lois

0 voters

the first gta was awesome because it was fun to play. i don’t recall it being particularly ground breaking or anything; it felt like a looser miami vice or a less on rails spy hunter with carmageddon’s gore chucked in.

for context, i was 17 when it came out, so open world games with freedom of approach like mercenary, hunter, damocles, starglider (?), midwinter, elite and so on were already a thing years before. it was mainly gta’s contemporary setting, sense of humour, and gangster vibe that were new to me.

5 Likes

Ha! You are old as fuuuuuuuuck, like I know you are old (as forum users go) but you are real old. I was born one year after the first one even came out. San Andreas was the first time my mother outright rejected buying a game from me and she let me play Vice City (I guess I hit the age where you actually copy stuff you see in games).

1 Like

i take small comfort in the fact that @schatenjager is probably older… or at least more mature (sorry schatenjager).

10 Likes

And here’s another member of the Old Farts Club chiming in. :wave:

You may be “old” but do you have arthritis and gray hairs? :smirk::sob:

Edit: I also seem to have issues with (what must be) my gall bladder. Waking up 4 hours later to piss? Yeah. That’s a thing too.

1 Like

Yeah I think Jaeger is the only person on here that needs to be carbon dated for an exact measurement.

1 Like

There are some quality differences between some entries though. I guess the general opinion say that III, VC and SA improved on each other. LCS and VCS were great but more on par with VC. IV is considered the holy grail by some. TLaD and TBoGT were the prime example of high quality add on’s. GTA V was a step down in my opinion since R* wanted too much with it and didn’t utilize it and the story was kinda aimless and mid.

I think VI is gonna be mid. R* fucked up with the Trilogy Remaster, GTA Online milking, microtransactions, the death of RDR Online, T2’s modding killing spree and Dan Houser & Lazlow Jones leaving. Its a whole different company than the one who made all the classic GTA games. I’m worried they’ll take a whole other road with the new entry and may or may not mess it up.

4 Likes

12 Likes

When you were in your prime you wore onions on your belt and people called sauerkraut, liberty cabbage. (It was the style at the time and something people actually did, respectively)

1 Like

I quote this so often it’s not even funny. Damn kids need to get off my lawn.

4 Likes