Yes or No...? 2

It’s still not in character for 47 to do such a thing. That’s the one thing that keeps this from being acceptable. Especially how they’ve portrayed him in WoA. No matter how well it is played off as a accident, if 47 overheard that conversation, or even just used his basic knowledge of what would happen if this huge array of heavy lights were to fall onto a stage surrounded by a hundred people pressed in around he, he would know that dropping it on Novikov would be more likely than not to kill several innocent bystanders.

And no matter how you want to build 47 up, no matter how much you enjoy the ruthless 47 of C47 or BM, no matter how many couriers with code red envelopes he had to silence or priests and reporters he has to keep from telling the world about him, no matter how many Providence soldiers he throws off a speeding train: 47 will not just mass murder a room full of civilians for the sake of a accident. If you like the 47 who has more humanity, it goes against everything he stands for in his quest to kill for a purpose and not be a mindless engine of death; if you like the ruthless, emotionless, strictly professional 47, killing a bunch of civilians, even in an accident that can be fully blamed on someone else, it’s sloppy and messes with his reputation of being precise and professional.

There is no argument anyone can make that justifies the implication that canonically 47 dropped that light rig, unless we are to ignore the NPCs that die in gameplay and assume that in-universe, only Novikov died when those lights fell, or IOI is just showcasing the kill they like most out of that map and it’s not truly the canon kill.

2 Likes

Yeah. I get all that. I’m just saying… Regardless, the light-rig falling and killing anyone is (at face value) terrible. But if only one person died from it you’d be more prone to raising your eyebrows at “what are the chances of that?” And it looks more deliberate and targeted (I guess if you’re conspiratorially minded).

Having absolutely no idea that Viktor was heading up an espionage scheme, you’d probably think “Dang! Sucks to be that guy.” If Viktor is among others that were killed or injured you’d then be prone to looking at the event itself rather than one person that died. To me, that’s more of an obscuration (i.e. thus, a freak accident).

So, (as I put in my original reply, then edited out) it should probably be considered non-canon.

3 Likes
Most obnoxious culture war peer group?
  • Console Wars
  • Phone Wars
  • Star Wars

0 voters

As a major Star Wars fan and nerd, I would point towards my own fandom. Nobody hates Star Wars more then Star Wars fans. I hate many aspects of this fandom.

We have treated the people behind the series horrible. From Jake Lloyd to Kelly Marie Tran.

7 Likes

Console Wars because its loyalty to a corporation which makes no sense. I guess I understand it in the sense that most families could only afford one console and when you’re a kid you have to defend it from your friends. But being an adult and vehemently championing Xbox over Playstation is peak cringe tbh

9 Likes

Sometimes i read Facebook comments under some gaming articles, those people make me cringe so hard that it almost physically hurts.

2 Likes

in one way or another, they’re all loyalty to brands.

4 Likes

My head canon is that he killed everyone EXCEPT the target.

That one’s pretty good but my favorite is in Dartmoor when doing the murder mystery and the butler is leading him Alexa, describing some of the details of the complicated situation about how nobody can know Alexa is alive and 47 replies “I’ll consider her dead when I leave.”

He has a ton of murder puns and quips and/or he’ll at least wait for a kill quote like “She smothered me,” (before smothering Silvio with a pillow) or “That’s a view to die for,” (before pushing someone of a balcony or out a window).

2 Remake then 7 (though it was a photo finish) then 3 Remake (it would be probably be number of there was like 2 or 3 more hours and/or some extras; all I could think after finishing, besides how Jill has no bones left and she’s lucky she’s a cartoon, was that I wanted more) and I haven’t played 8 yet but it’s on the docket. Also, I hope 4 Remake does the original justice (and doesn’t go overboard with changes, preferably only really modernizing the camera and controls); I’m cautiously optimistic but still fairly anxious about it.

That doesn’t mean anything. One of my cousins has graying hair and he’s a year younger than me (I’m 31 for context). And I’m thinning… :smiling_face_with_tear:

“Grotesque” is too kind for them.

Does this count the Vidal shootout, though tbh I’m not sure of my personal Mendoza yet (it keeps flip flopping between a few mutually exclusive eliminations).

These are the least obnoxious culture wars peer groups tbh but I picked Star Wars because it’s a stand in for sci-fi in general (Star Trek and Doctor Who being a couple other big properties in that genre nearly constantly mired in pointless fan wars).

I would’ve liked this but I ran out of likes… :sob:

3 Likes

No, those are regular bodyguards and I would personally canon that Vidal died on the tour or during the meeting so I didn’t think to make a poll for them.

1 Like

Best Zelda Companion?

• Navi - Ocarina of Time
  • Ezlo - Minish Cap
  • Princess Zelda - Spirit Tracks
  • Fi - Skyword Sword
  • Midna - Twilight Princess
  • King of Red Lions - Windwaker

0 voters

I haven’t included any other Fairies besides Navi, because they are all basically the same.

1 Like

I see that impussy made you act up

2 Likes

19f196a4a8c495590ee73fc2031f451dfd5b7a09_hq

She’s the best, and Twilight Princess is my favorite 3D Zelda, but Ghost-Zelda from Spirit Tracks is a close second, i love the Cutscenes where she gets hysterical, haha.

1 Like

8 is getting dlc + a third person mode in october so it might be worth waiting to play it like that (if its actually any good)

2 Likes

Ghost Zelda for me BY FAR.

Chalk it up to nostalgia, or personal preference (I’ve always loved story tropes involving secret/invisible companions), but she was a great lively companion character, especially due to how fleshed-out they wrote her, at least compared to the rest of the series as a whole.
Still hoping we get a Zelda-Protagonist Zelda game one day

2 Likes

This is where anyone who knows me knows that I would step in and say, “define ‘bad’.”

Someone you dont want to be around irl due to a variety of personal reasons

3 Likes

That might make a person unlikable. Does that rise to the standard of “bad?” Because what one person doesn’t like, another person might like, and so it seems to counter the idea.

3 Likes

I didnt phrase my thing in the best way, i meant people you dont wanna be around irl due to them being vile garbage

1 Like

Do you use cutlery (knife and fork / spoon) to eat a watermelon or do you just shove your face into the slice?

• I use cutlery. I ain’t a barbarian.
  • I show that watermelon the respect it deserves by shoving my face into the slices!

0 voters

3 Likes

At times yes: there are days where sometimes because I’m feeling bad or just out of the most random blue I feel like I wanna be a cruel and sadistic prick.

Those days I just try to keep myself busy with other things or plainly sleep as much as I can.