Yes or No...? 2

Hitman WoA question.

So, I presume that everyone here knows fairly well every missions of the games. We all know easy setups, the right NPC to easily subdue for the right disguise…
But there was a moment were we had no knowledge of the maps, so :

What was the hardest WoA missions for you to crack open during your first run ?

Hardest mission during your first run
  • The Showstopper
  • World Of Tomorrow
  • A Gilded Cage
  • Club 27
  • Freedom Fighters
  • Situs Inversus
  • Nightcall
  • The Finish Line
  • Three-Headed Serpent
  • Chasing A Ghost
  • Another Life
  • The Ark Society
  • Golden Handshake
  • The Last Resort
  • On Top Of The World
  • Death In The Family
  • Apex Predator
  • End Of An Era
  • Untouchable
  • Shadows In The Water

0 voters

Personnally : A Gilded Cage. It took me a few runs before I could safely find a way in and inside the consulat. It’s socially very cut off from the rest of the map (but that’s the intent).

7 Likes

Chasing A Ghost. I was dead set on killing the Malestrom as the barber for my first playthrough, but couldn’t get him to stop in front of the shop so that I could invite him in. Had to keep retrying it over and over, until I figured out that you have to do it before he meets his ex on the hill, because it’s after that that he never walks by the barber shop again. Now, when I want to use that method, but save him for last, I knock out her and the two Crows on the roof who can raise the flag, ensuring that he stays on his route indefinitely.

6 Likes

Colorado was tough initially, but if we’re talking about the absolute first time, I have to go with The Showstopper, not because it’s an inherently difficult level, but because it was the first one and I really didn’t know what the hell I was doing. I didn’t know how to explore a level or what to look for. The entire series was new to me and Paris seemed so massive and I was really just randomly wandering around, hoping to stumble on a way to kill the targets.

Overall, Colorado was a hard level to get a handle on, but by the time I first played it, I at least had a rudimentary idea of how the game worked and how to learn a level.

9 Likes

At first, I thought of Freedom Fighters, but after giving it more thought I picked The Ark Society. It seems like I spent a lot of time trying to work out what to do on that mission.

However… I do recall Miami seeming so big, crowded, and almost maze-like though. It was easy to lose your bearings. This was in the race event/spectator area. But once you got in either the garage/mechanic area or the Krondstadt building - it wasn’t as confusing. Still a little confusing like the different stairwells in the Kronstadt building…

7 Likes

A Glide Cage, compared to previous missions. A Glide Cage feels somewhat awkward when you are still “new” to a game. It’s mainly to do with the placement of the two targets, both in a fortress. A lot of the surrounding city an crowd feels wasted. Luckily the bonus mission A House Build on Sand doesn’t suffer the same problems. It feels more natural to explore.

If not that mission, I would probably have voted for Freedom Fighters. It suffers from some of the same restrictive problems.

7 Likes

Definitely Haven Island due to the amount of times i had to reload a save or restart entirely because of the stupid view cones and the holes in the floors and walls (ofc i didn’t really know were the best places to get disguises and items and what not so i got caught trying to nonl out people quite often)

3 Likes

The Ark Society. It was a dreadfully long first run because not only are the target routes utter crap, but you also need other special disguises which don’t point you into the right direction per se. Also the layout of the map makes you wanna blow your own brains out.

6 Likes
What is the best month (excluding birthdays)
  • January
  • February
  • March
  • April
  • May
  • June
  • July
  • August
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December
  • Screw the calendar!

0 voters

1 Like

Gotta be October. Crisp air, no snow (usually) and the trees start losing leaves.

8 Likes

Any month with the most days of vacation is the best, so it has to be February (sometimes January) with Chinese New Year. You know, the equivalent of Christmas season to Western countries. Celebration, family reunion, and most importantly, no work!

5 Likes

And you get a slight feeling of christmas season coming up.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Went to Home Depot on Friday afternoon and they had all of their Christmas stuff up. Inflatables, trees, you name it, all on full display and ready for purchase. It’s 97 degrees here right now (36.1 C). It’s still 3 calendar months away from the actual holiday.

We asked one of the guys there why they were doing Christmas so early and he just shrugged and said “corporate said to”.

3 Likes

In germany, christmas candies are available in supermarkets since September

2 Likes

Yes, this year is the most ridiculous I’ve ever seen.

We weren’t always careful with our choices in buying videogames and have bought some for the wrong reasons. You ever make the mistake of buying a game solely because you were a fan of a series or just thought it looked cool?

• Yes, but only once
  • More than once, sadly
  • Thankfully not

0 voters

Despite how much they sucked, I convinced myself otherwise just because I paid for them. Just being young and dumb and in denial but what can you do, right?
51J21AKHWEL

41-tYm8xy6L

3 Likes

4 Likes

Made my parents take me to change the disc twice because it was defective when in reality all the copies had game breaking bugs and problems to initiate.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Me informing myself by checking wikipedia pages, youtube videos snd reviews on Steam / GoG before buying a game
tumblr_mm8u8804li1ro8ysbo1_500

6 Likes