Yes or No...? 2

I know a pizzeria in my town that puts mango on pizza. It was the worst thing I have ever seen.

12 Likes

image

11 Likes

But it is true, they called it The Queenslander which sounds about right.

2 Likes

Lot of places around here let you put haggis on your pizza. Not to mention our fish ships in Edinburgh use “brown sauce”, but you won’t find it anywhere else in the UK. I have no idea what the “brown sauce” actually is.

I mean haggis is like a large sausage right? So it isn’t that bad since plenty of different types of sausages get used in pizza.

Uh it is kind of like steak sauce (A1 sauce, not a BBQ sauce) or like more historical sauces.

I’ve never liked brown sauce but just look at the ingredients :joy:

Sounds made up

1 Like

No, not that brown sauce. You can get that in any supermarket in the UK. I’m talking about the brown sauce they serve in Edinburgh fish and chip shops.

The haggis is an animal on the verge of extinction. It has one foot shorter than the other and runs around the tops of mountains. It’s very easy to catch as all you do is stand in front of it and watch it tumble over.

1 Like

Only visited Edinburgh a handful of times, but I’m looking for jobs up there atm. So fingers crossed I can try this other brown sauce soon then :yum:

Thank you for spreading awareness :pray:

1 Like

I thought that would be the sauce you by at the supermarket. We don’t have brown sauce in Australia but absolutely no Fish and Chip shop here makes their own sauce from scratch.

If I shout “Boo” really loud does it scream and fall over?

1 Like

That’s cool. Hope you like Edinburgh. I just live outside the city, but close enough to be able to commute. City life isn’t for me but the few times I visit Edinburgh, I’m reminded of what a nice city it is.

Well, I assume alot of the chippies buy it from a supplier rather than all of them making it from scratch. But it has become it’s own little thing here. The other difference is that haddock is more popular fish than cod, whereas I believe in alot of parts of England cod is the default fish in fish and chips.

If you whisper “Boo” really quietly it’ll scream and fall over.

Yes I assume that is the same here, I didn’t mean they literaly buy it at the supermarket. I just said it is the same mass produced stuff you find in an Asda or whatever you call them.

Funny down here it is Whiting. Had some really good whiting yesterday visiting family, worth the three hour drive in 30plus heat.

Ah thank you for clarifying that, I will update Scottish Wikipedia right now. It is just me and that other guy editing it now and I am not even Scottish I am just super bored.

To be honest, I’ve never even heard of this type of fish. Is it white fish?

Oh good grief, I remember reading that story, I feel sorry for that kid getting so much shit for it. Just remember to add in the rainbow colour of the haggis’s fur.

Or that haggis in real life is actually sheep pluck, mixed together with other ingredients. It isn’t really like sausage, I’d compare it something like mince or beef. Can’t say I’ve ever liked it frankly, I always used lots of tomato sauce to help overpower the taste.

Yes it is a type of white fish like any other fish you use in Fish and Chips. Can’t find it in the Atlantic though so that is most likely why you haven’t heard of it.

Oh don’t worry I will be sure to get it all down.

I suppose it could be that as well… But I mean it is meat in somethings intestine, sausage enough for me.

To be honest, one day I would love to travel the world, and one of the things I want to do is sample the kind of food you can only experience in other places. In Edinburgh there’s a restaurant called Loch Fine that lets you have several types of fish, which you can asked to be cooked in 4 different ways, and I love it. Love fish, would love to expand my fish horizons.

Oh by the way @TheContractor when you’re in Edinburgh make sure to look at your watch at 1pm. People will think you’re a cool resident if you do that.

3 Likes

Funny I don’t even live in the Isles like you or @TheContractor and I know you are putting him on… I know exactly what you are talking about.

1 Like

Pineapple hating plebians.
God-help-me

2 Likes

Uh, you sure about that? I have no idea what you think I’m think talking about, but I’m talking about this:

No that is exactly what I was talking about. The big ass gun they fire at one PM.

1 Like

Yes, and so you can tell if someone lives in Edinburgh by them adjusting their watch to match the gun’s fire time.

2 Likes

What if they have a problem firing it? Like what if some trainee recruit loads it wrong or the mechanism doesn’t work. What if the guys are slightly slow loading it?

1 Like