Yes or No...? 2

You know what. You guys are right. :+1:

7 Likes

It’s too bad people like Hitler, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, etc. died. :sob:

Only flag this if you’re oblivious to the idea of facetiousness.

Countdown to green notification in 5, 4, 3…

1 Like

if only the judges presiding over their cases had checked the evidence more thorou—- waitaminute!

3 Likes

Hell Pol Pot was arrested and then died of heart failure because he was 73 and fragile as fuck. Some say he killed himself to avoid capital punishment but this hasn’t been confirmed by an academic body.

1 Like

Favourite… or least worst Absolution mission? I’ve been playing the challenges to get the xbox achievements, and I’m enjoying some of the levels.

• A Personal Contract (Diana)
  • The King of Chinatown (King)
  • Terminus (Dexter, failed)
  • Run for your Life (Escape from Terminus)
  • Hunter and Hunted (Osmond, Wade’s Crew)
  • Rosewood (Wade)
  • Welcome to Hope (Bar Fight)
  • Birdie’s Gift (Silverballers)
  • Shaving Lenny (Lenny’s Crew, Lenny)
  • End of the Road (Killing Lenny)
  • Dexter Industries (Infiltration, Outside)
  • Death Factory (Three scientists, Inside)
  • Fight Night (Sanchez)
  • Attack of the Saints (Saints crew)
  • Skurky’s Law (Infiltration, Courthouse)
  • Operation Sledgehammer (Skurky, Outside)
  • One of a Kind (Suit) ???
  • Blackwater Park (Layla)
  • Countdown (Dexter)
  • Absolution (Jade, Praetorians, Travis)

0 voters

1 Like

Hm, it’s been almost two years since the last time I’ve played it. It has some good missions so I’ll have to do another playthrough when I get back to my PC. :grin: I’m never that certain about the best mission, but currently my top 5 would be:

1. Blackwater Park
  2. The King of Chinatown
  3. Hunter and Hunted
  4. Death Factory
  5. Shaving Lenny
5 Likes

End of the road is memorable to me too.

Since it’s the shortest mission.

4 Likes

humanity has a reached a new low

In all seriousness though, it’s a pretty great level - I don’t know if it’s my favorite because I am terrible with favorites, but it’s good

6 Likes

unsurprisingly i wasn’t a fan. they were thinly veiled corridors.

wasn’t a huge fan of the sexy s&m nuns either, but that’s more to do with their context in the game rather than anything else.

3 Likes

fight night because of how stupid a concept it was, and how fun it was. we’ll probably never see something like it again the series. in it, he rips off his mask and therefore blows his cover in front of a packed crowd?? just to what…make a point? and those target locked shorts will always be unforgettable

9 Likes

The BDSM nuns were pretty stupid - but that’s as far as my problems with it go. You’re free to differ, of course.

IO-Interactive devs actually toned the level down after receiving backlash as I’m sure some of you know - it makes me slightly curious as to what it was like originally, but at the same time I’m not sure I’d want to know.

horror

hide the pain

11 Likes

That was remarkable restraint by IO, here I was thinking they actually did all they could to make the game bad. Nice to know they refrained for once.

4 Likes

it’s not so much that they’re stupid. i like stupid stuff. they’re just symptomatic of absolution’s main aesthetic issue: it was confused about what it wanted to be. it wore the dressing of ‘splotation films and revelled in all the sexiness and murder, while simultaneously having a very staid, conservative/traditional subtext. the nuns were ‘baddies’ because they were ‘deviants’ - all the bad guys were in one way or another - while the ‘goodies’ were literally a chaste, (almost) pious, family unit. it was very weird and off-putting for me.

3 Likes

It’s subjective - but that is part of why I consider the nuns stupid - all I mean by that is that they as a concept were not a very smart thing to introduce.

This is true - the writers had many well-formed ideas and plotlines. In the end it was a bit of a hacked-together job (though one I still love despite the popular Absolution hate) the subtext is a matter of interpretation (everything is for that matter), though I do partially agree with that.

1 Like

sure is. i can’t talk for anyone else apart from me. even then… :smile:

i’d be interested in any other readings, but that seems the most obvious to me. oddly, i’ve not seen any discussion about it, just the crassness.

but yeah, definitely a “new low” for hitman-ity :smile:

this is where you lost me (even when you already didn’t have me apparently :grimacing:)

1 Like

didn’t think i ever found you to begin with :smile:

1 Like

I love this take. Diana the mother, keeping Victoria the child safe until her father 47 can take over.

6 Likes

it’s a cool central set-up they had going that adds 47 to the ‘sad dad’ list… but i’d like it a lot more if the game didn’t come across so aggressively sex-negative and pervy at the same time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes
What is your overall sentiment of pinging a user in the forum?
  • Useful
  • Neutral
  • Useless

0 voters

1 Like