5 Featured Contracts - Eurogamer (25 March)

Won’t the guards wait for her when I keep bumping into her tho? Will have to try it out. I will also have to change my strat as I was starting as the Asado Chef to get a quick kill on Mrs. Yates.

Nah, her only guard is more interested in Diana :wink:

Also, for a fun way to infiltrate the mansion easily:

You can run straight through the frisk point at the mansion while they are frisking that one waiter as they are too busy, but that might be a bit exploity for your tastes. Also, you need to be a bit careful as one of the frisk guards will look at you for a while

You may also start in the parking lot, put a remote emetic device in your briefcase, put the briefcase at the reception, and trigger it as she approaches the reception. She might at first seem to throw up at a nearby bin, but she will eventually go to the toilet on the left. You will need to be in the bathroom before her guard walks in and guard the bathroom door. Her body won’t be found for the rest of your mission.

5 Likes

Alright thanks, will try it now. Also yes, I’m aware about the latter part.

Edit: Yesss, it worked! With this starting location, Vidal doesn’t have her personal bodyguards with her, which is why it makes it easy to lure her. Thanks again man, managed to finish top 10 on this one.

1 Like

I just checked the contracts, I see lots of different targets and different kill methods, which is good.
This batch of FCs looks to be the best out of the batches we’ve gotten. Gonna have a go at them during the weekend.

I’m also interested to see what easter egg Ian is taking about

2 Likes

Eyesbreaker ( No Glitch )

8 Likes

From what I’ve played (the winery kill one, the tango one and icebreaker) this might be the best batch so far.The tango one reminds me of the Santa Fortuna escalation but the challenge is in routing, you can get multiple explosives or place one and a taser and get to an exit and detonate at the right time. The winery one is cool because it can all be done with lures in specific spots, with the exception of that one guy. I’m going to guess that im pretty sure hanging and pulling him off that ledge in the same room will kill him. A quirk of how that attack works is there’s no distinction between pacify and kill unlike just pushing them from behind. If it doesn’t work like that consider it a decent contract with 1 bad target. Icebreaker I’m hearing mixed things but to me it seems pretty doable. Both targets go near ledges so there must be some way of getting it done that way. I liked learning more about Mendoza as I played these, I didn’t know it had so many NPCs for instance and I didn’t stop to realise the tango men take breaks between sets as obvious as that is. I don’t really like Eurogamer but I knew Ian as a big fan of the series and I was looking forward to this set and my expectations so far have been met. Finally some good news this month :+1:.

No. They’re not.

Eyesbreaker is a stupid goddamn contract using a glitch worse than the sniper wallbang. IOI really let these get picked? LOL.

1 Like

I’ve been able to get both of these targets SA without glitches. I’m not that good a player either. When I start the level I throw a wet floor sign at a puddle then I distract the target to see the now unconscious guard. When he goes to check on him I shoot him and hide him in the bushes nearby.

For the 2nd target I go up to Villa Yates and wait for her to go to the balcony. The timing for this I don’t have down, so I can’t get both of these targets yet. But typically if I start at the shrine shooting her after Diana and others pass her will not get her seen while being shot. But after 5-10 seconds she will be seen by someone walking on the floor she lands on. Hence why I haven’t got the timing down yet. But I think it’s definitely possible to shoot her while near Yates’ car and get SA for the contract without distractions.

1 Like

This would make for a great Joker.

Update: found an even easier way to finish Icebreaker. The lady can be lured down with a single distraction if you’re standing below her in the grave field area.

5 Likes

I almost tried that. I managed to get a headshot with tranq and move onto the other douche. I’m guessing you’d need to use the flash phone to lure her that far. Oh well, I finished it and will never replay. :laughing:

I used the briefcase. So you just resorted to the kalmer instinctively?

1 Like

Guilty. Which is even worse due to the distance and headshot complication.

Brilliant combo Eurogamer :rofl:

Yeah but that’s your fault to be honest about it. Just don’t cheat.

Anyway after playing all of the contracts now I can say that I liked all of them except for Imposter Susdrome Pt. 1. That one was surprisingly frustrating because Mikihal isn’t exactly Silvio Caruso in terms of his walking routine and I found him the most inconsistent of any NPC I’ve ever encountered. Sometimes shooting him with the sieker puts him near Corvo sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes he tells other people to investigate sounds sometimes he doesn’t. Combine that with a weird disguise restriction I keep forgeting and the tendency for people to see you kill either target from behind the bushes it’s an easy contract that’s difficult for the wrong reasons. Pt. 2 is significantly better though I found it a little long in the tooth, took me 10 minutes to beat. I like the kill conditions it just takes a little long to gather propane and wait for Tamara to go the toilet if you decide to poison her (I wanted to do something a little less cheesy for the coolness factor. The exit was okay, but not really that gamechanging a complication.

Over all, my favourite so far. 4/5 were fun, decent challenges and it showed off more of Mendoza. Up there with the MinnMaxx ones which were fun but easy. I forget which ones are better.

1 Like

Blah, yeah I hate the tranq glitch but I didn’t see another way. I’m not wasting time finding a good route for a contract that doesn’t even deserve to be on the Trending page lol.

Just opening these up for the first time… these look annoying.

e: I swear to Christ this Kadir guy won’t move for anyone.

1 Like

Yeah but the entire point of your groaning was you couldn’t find a route because it was impossible, and that the contract was bad because of it. Really you just couldn’t think outside the box for 2 seconds and resorted to cheating then blamed the contract for being too challenging.

Not challenging, just poorly created.

Have a good night, I don’t want to derail the thread.

Hardly poorly designed as I described in detail how I was able to get them SA solo, and it must be workable together. If anything that requires timing is what accounts for poor design no wonder Hitman 3 gives these kinds of players free kills for the main missions.