A cinematic take on HITMAN: World of Assassination

Thanks!! It’s the one I liked the most, he looks more experienced to me. If I ever get to do the H3 episodes I suppose I’d have to mod the face, but I don’t think it’ll be too hard given how fast modding in Hitman has grown, and all thanks to the guys in this forum.

2 Likes

Excellent work! A little feedback I have is that color correction could help some scenes. For example, the scene with Silvio Caruso at the grave, in which his skin tone seems a bit inconsistent. I presume that is because you inserted your own animation?

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, it’s all a learning curve. That would be because of the lighting. It’s pretty hard to match 100% the light from the game with blender as you don’t really know what the actual light sources are. It may be an intuitive one (a lamp), it may be a hidden one for a specific look, or it may be environmental. Often is a mix between all if them. The silvio one is one of the first I animated, when I still used to light the character with sun and area lights, but towards the end I started using enviromental lighting with hdris taken from the game, as they provide much more accurate lighting given the scenary. An example of that is 47 in the Biolab, when he looks towards the computers, in my opinion there are minimal differences with the in-game footage.

6 Likes

Yeah, matching the lighting manually is not easy. Though I was talking about the color correction in the editing. Something like this:

Before

After

In-game look for the reference

2 Likes

It’s something I don’t have much experience in. I reckon I should do it, but it would add another layer of work, and it’s sometimes too much work to do alone :sweat_smile:
I’ll sure put more attention to it In the future :wink:

1 Like

Just wanted to bump this thread to ask if you had any more episodes of your fantastic series in the works, @BaldAndBarcoded?

I feel a bit sheepish about asking the question because it’s very clear from the quality of the previous episodes that these take a LOT of time and effort to put together and because it’s a labour of love rather than a paid occupation you’re quite rightly under no obligation to put yourself through the pain of making further episodes should you not wish/not be able to. I’m super stoked that you made the Training/Paris/Sapienza videos at all and I thank you for an already amazing contribution to Hitman’s community content.

7 Likes

Dang I was looking forward to this being a series :frowning:

1 Like

Its need to be in the cinema :grin:

1 Like