A sudden increase of price Deluxe Edition in Epic Game Store

Does Epic Store have a customer service you guys can contact to explain these issues? If they changed the prices back for other regions they may have omitted the ones they didn’t fix and may not be aware there’s an issue. Also check what the PlayStation store prices are over there too…that should give you a clear idea if it’s just Epic messing up.

I noticed in the UK that the standard edition was £50, but the deluxe was £80 a few days ago. It has now lowered to £75. That being said, I still don’t believe it to be worth it. The US deluxe version I’m sure was $80, with the standard edition at $60. I’m not sure if that has changed.

I went with the standard edition. I’m really not fussed at all for the suits and equipment, as I personally tend to play almost in a role-playing capacity with Hitman, and like to look the part.

No the US version prices haven’t changed with the exception of the 10% off sale that the PlayStation Network had going for a while but that may have been only for PS+ members…not 100% sure about that.

1 Like

PlayStation prices always have been on higher side than PC here. So one can not draw any corelation between two.

I have gone ahead and raised this issue in Epic support.

Edit -

@Travis_IOI Not able to create new reply as I have reached my limit on replies on HMF, so editing this post.

Prices in Epic India store increased in last few days. First Deluxe price was increased (standard was same as earlier) and 2-3 days back, Standard edition price also increased. (More than double of what it was).

Earlier price (before few days) for Hitman 3 Standard Edition was INR 1453, the New price is INR 3249.

Similarly Earlier price (before last week) for Deluxe Edition was less (I don’t have exact figure), and new price is INR 4899.

Refer attached old and new price screen shots ( Deluxe old price screenshot not available as of now, but price was lower)
Current Price –

Original Price –

5 Likes

Here in Germany you got the “reduced” price only with an active ps+ membership.

Hello!

Just want to give you some facts, and request some information. Here’s what happened:

During the set-up of H3, the pricing for HITMAN 3 was unintentionally raised on Epic. Once we knew about it (thanks to this thread and other places), we flagged the issue with Epic and they changed the price back again to how it was originally. Also, anyone who made a purchase during the time that the price was higher, has been refunded the difference.

As it stands now, pricing should be back to where it has always been. However, I see some of you saying that it’s not back, and sharing screenshots etc.

If you’re still seeing pricing irregularities, compared to the prices that were set when the game was first put on the store, please post it as a reply to this message. Please clearly state the country, currency, product and price difference that you are seeing or experiencing.

29 Likes

Lmao don’t jump to conclusions next time

3 Likes

I like how you apparently speak for everyone here.

United Kingdom, GBP, Hitman 3 standard edition, £5.

Standard was originally £44.99 on EGS, it currently stands at £49.99

Thank you for replying and clearing it all up!

2 Likes

But the pricing in the Indian region [INR], is still higher than it used to be. Can you talk to Epic about this issue? It was around 1500 for standard and is now around 3249 for standard, and was Rs. 2161 for Deluxe and is now 4899. Hopefully you guys manage to get it fixed for all regions ASAP. Also the Hitman 2016 GOTY price has increased from around 1500 to more than 3000.

4 Likes

Unfortunately it’s still the hiked price in South Africa.
Currency: Rand (or R for short)

Price is wrong for both standard and delux version of Hitman 3.
Standard was previously R400 ish and Delux was R500-R600 ish (give or take)

Now they are about R1000 and R1500 respectively. Thanks for fixing this. I’m really looking forward to buying and playing the game especially after the good work you did on Hitman 1 & 2 :yellow_heart:

Price on Epic Saudi Arabia is 224 SR ~$60 for standard, 336.50 SR ~$90, before it was ~$19 and ~$42, was the original price a mistake?

Almost certainly, yeah. You should have swept in early

Hey there the price is still very expensive in India

It was 2099 for deluxe edition

In India it used to be 1453INR for Standard Edition and around 2100INR for Deluxe Edition.

Now it’s 3249INR for Standard Edition and 4899INR for Deluxe Edition.

Prices in India are still super inflated. I request you to please look into the issue and have it corrected.

HITMAN GOTY was literally free few days before.

Come on, man. Don’t be so confidently incorrect. It was free last week of August 2020. Not “few days before”.

1 Like

@Travis_IOI
Epic store has replied to my query regarding price change issue.
Epic has not addressed the issue and has out rightly refused to do anything related to it.

Good bye old friend. See you when you are in good hands.

@IndianAgent47 @RieperMan47 @MSMPlayz @YourGudBudNel @Mrinal_Bharadwaj @Adil15101

2 Likes