AMBROSE ISLAND, Andaman Sea (Mission #7) - Location Discussion

Today‘s the day.

5 Likes

When’s it releasing?

In 5 hours (CEST)

5 Likes

Countdown to the patch here, maintenance starts an hour before, you will be able to play Ambrose offline until maintenance finishes, there is no ETA for that, watch their Twitter.

2 Likes

It is 1400 CEST, maintenance is up.

Ambrose Island, and the new Patch will be available to download in one hour. The new trailer will also be released at the same time

(image from @Travis_IOI twitter)

They will be playable then, but it is possible that it might only be in offline mode for a couple of hours, to the end of the maintenance, and the reopening of the online servers.

You can check the status of the game on hitmanstatus (courtesy of @Hardware)

And I must say, it was a genuine pleasure to wait this map with you all.

5 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

20hypedcharacters

10 Likes

I can’t… I am crying and shivering. I am so thankful right now I can’t even express…

8 Likes
4 Likes

It’s time… to PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY THE AMBROOOOOOOOSE ISLAAAAAAAAND

https://youtu.be/FM2WB0AyAjA

1 Like

Ambrose Island is a brand new location for HITMAN 3, and a major release as part of our ‘Year 2‘ plans. It’s available now as a free download, included with the July Patch.

Embark on a new adventure with Agent 47 to a secluded island in the Andaman Sea. Located north from the Strait of Malacca, Ambrose Island is an isolated harbour packed full of dense vegetation, hidden coves, twisting paths and perilous bridges.

From the lit torches that illuminate narrow passageways, to the neon lights that flicker over the bustle of Farah’s bar, there’s a sense of discovery around every corner.

Taking place before the events of HITMAN 3 – and filling in some of the untold events of HITMAN 2 – this new location will see the return of well-known characters in the World of Assassination and wrap up some narrative threads. In addition, Ambrose Island will introduce new challenges, unlockable items and support for RayTracing, VR and Contracts Mode.

This new location is OUT NOW and available at no extra cost for all HITMAN 3 owners, including Xbox Game Pass subscribers.

OPENING CINEMATIC

Prepare for your arrival on Ambrose Island with a cinematic briefing from your long-time handler, Diana Burnwood. For this mission, you can also expect the help of an old friend…

TARGET INFORMATION

When Agent 47 arrives on Ambrose Island, he’ll have two targets keenly in his sights. Eliminating both of them will be critical to calling his mission a success. Watch the Opening Cinematic above or in-game and read full character bios on each target on the Mission Planning page in-game.

As a former operative of Lucas Grey’s militia, Noel Crest has since defected and gone rogue. He now leads a gang of international thieves who have performed several heists, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake.

Crest and his men specialize in the discreet retrieval and/or destruction of valuable items, documents, and data. He was last seen trying to establish a partnership with Akka’s pirate syndicate.

Before she became known as “Akka”, Sinhi Venthan was raised on the streets in a small coastal village south of Chennai.

Demonstrating her strength and strategic prowess, Akka quickly rose from common thug to pirate queen. She and her band of outlaws are known to operate as far as the Pacific Ocean, enriching herself and the ones loyal to her, while striking down anyone who dares to oppose her.

LOCATION MASTERY AND UNLOCKS

Ambrose Island offers a huge variety of specialized items and tools that can be unlocked and then used across the World of Assassination.

Complete gameplay challenges to unlock XP, which will help you progress through 20 levels of location mastery.

With each mastery level that you gain, you’ll unlock new starting locations, item stashes, unlockable weapons, items and eventually the Guerilla Wetsuit and a Molotov Cocktail. Each time you play and complete challenges, you’ll unlock new ways to approach the level.

From an emetic gas grenade with a poisonous frog trapped inside, to the swashbuckling Kukri Machete that is sharp enough to cut down to the bone, there’s a huge variety of pirate-themed items to get your fingers on.

PRACTICAL INTEL

Ambrose Island is available now for all HITMAN 3 owners. Here’s some useful information to make sure you can start your swashbuckilng adventure smoothly.

Is Ambrose Island free?
If you own HITMAN 3 on any platform, you’ll be able to play Ambrose Island on that same platform for free. HITMAN 3 Free Starter Pack players will not have access to this new location.

Is Ambrose Island free for Game Pass subscribers?
Yes, if you have an active Game Pass subscription and can play HITMAN 3, then you’ll be able to enjoy Ambrose Island.

When exactly is it playable?
Ambrose Island is in the July 26 patch for HITMAN 3, which released at 6am PT / 9am ET / 3pm CEST. After the patch has been downloaded, Ambrose Island can be found alongside the other locations in the game.

Is the new location a DLC?
Ambrose Island is included in our July 26th patch, so you won’t have to download anything from the store. Simply make sure your game is up-to-date and you can find the location in the menus, located after the Carpathian Mountains.

What else does Ambrose Island add to the game?
You’ll be able to play the location with full RayTracing support on PC as well as play in Virtual Reality – with support for both PS VR and PC VR. Finally, Contracts Mode is fully supported, allowing you to create your own missions to challenge your friends.

8 Likes

set before sgail, thats neat, the briefing wasnt the best but more lucas and diana is always great

5 Likes

So this is a pre-Sgail mission, didn’t see that coming. Also Grey is back, you’ve been missed, brother!

I hope the molotov isn’t too OP tho.

3 Likes

Yeah, if it’s just a fire kill not counting as an accident it’s good enough.

But overall I’m loving these set of pirate themed unlocks, very exciting bunch! That emetic grenade is amazing

1 Like

is that the meathook??

Nope. The meathook has a handle on it. This is a large inline single hook fishing hook.

1 Like

Agent Smith

Pirate Treasure

7 Likes

I’m waiting the end of maintenance to do a proper mission dive., targets and all.
In the meantime I’m doing a bit of sightseeing, going around the map.

Map’s great.
All the paths, the diversity of them. Still a bit of a maze, but I can sense that it will quickly evolve towards mastery and enjoyable traversal.
Lots of small locations with their own charm.
Especially likes the curated sights and blocking, like when you emerge from the jungle to Farah’s, or seeing the bridges in the distance when you turn left once there.

So according to the credits, the Track Owner is Bjarne Kristiansen. Which I presume is @bjarne_ioi.

So kudos to him, and all the devs that worked on the mission, the map. I’m having fun.

11 Likes

I’m digging the added animations, especially for a certain series ‘favourite’, and the more diverse guard dialogue.

Sentry guards seem more chatty to 47 in disguise, which I much prefer to the generic dialogue simply berating him for running by with an equipped or unholstered firearm.

2 Likes