Any enforcers that don't make sense to you?

The one hotel staff guy at the reception in Bangkok that can see through almost every disguise that isn’t the suit.

6 Likes

I both dislike and like the idea that masked disguises still have enforcers. On the one hand, if I put a mask on, how would anyone know that i belong there or not? I get that body language, bearing, maybe even actions would tell someone that maybe I wasn’t quite who I said I was, but it seems excessive.

On the other hand though, if masked disguises didn’t have enforcers, they’d all be way too overpowered. You’d have to either remove masked disguises or make their allowed areas quite limited. I think the Berlin crew disguise, for example, has a really big area they’re allowed in and if there were no enforcers at all, it be as overpowered as the biker disguise (which I’ve read quite a few complaints about).

That almost makes sense given that he’s the first point of contact when they have a VIP in the building AND the boss practically worships the guy’s father.

What makes less sense is the enforcer puttering around the bar in the restaurant area. Why this rando?

1 Like

My biggest point of confusion with the biker disguise is the fact that it’s allowed to carry the Scrap Sword around but regular guards aren’t, and it seems like it might be (one of?) the only disguise that lets you openly carry a sniper rifle.

2 Likes

I remember being really confused the first time I played the map. The biker is just called “biker”, not Elite Guard, not anything even connected to the club. I thought they were just two distinct areas (like the train yard vs the tower in Mumbai). There’s nothing really telegraphing that the bikers have unrestricted access to the club (and are essentially “staff”) other than the few bikers you can find on the lower levels on a first play through.

5 Likes

It’s just common sense. In real life Biker is the logical next level of authority over Nightclub Security Guard

3 Likes

As a biker myself, I have to agree. I should have unfettered access to all night clubs!

4 Likes

Does anyone else wish that 47 could give an evasive answer to enforcers when they question him, perhaps suspending their disbelief somewhat (at the cost of eventually comprising the disguise if you stay in it too long)?

4 Likes

I would love to bring in more rpg elements like speech checks but if you crit you could have the world’s deadliest assassin hitting himself in the head with his own gun lol

4 Likes

the guy that hangs out at the back of Andrea’s mansion in Santa Fortuna is an enforcer for the street guard disguise. I guess it makes sense until you factor in the fact that you can hop over that wall in the suit and he doesn’t take a blind bit of notice.

1 Like

the two morgue guys in Hokiido are enforcers for EVERYTHING. don’t understand

1 Like

That one servant woman in the basement on the Isle of Sgail who, as far as I know, can see through EVERY disguise. And she’s just sitting there watching the gate that takes you to the main castle. Like, why does this random servant know EVERYONE on the Isle of Sgail? Especially since everybody’s wearing masks.

3 Likes

There are a few deputies in Whittelton Creek who are enforcers for the suit on Mastery difficulty, which makes no sense to me since these are public streets and the cops don’t know who 47 is.

4 Likes

The HOA doesn’t allow bald scowling men.

4 Likes

I assume that since it’s a small suburban area, the cops are familiar with who’s there normally and who isn’t. It makes sense to me, living in a small suburban area myself. I know generally know who lives around here and who doesn’t just by looking at them.

3 Likes

Kind of the other way around, but when you disguise yourself as Spencer Green or whatever his name is on Whittleton Creek, there are very few enforcers. I’d think that everyone would notice if Cassidy’s top man, a black guy with a goatee, suddenly became a menacing-looking white guy

13 Likes

I mean the whole neighbourhood would be talking about this house full of men with guns and trench coats and trying to ascertain what was going on :joy:. I grew up in the suburbs and everyone knew everything about everyone else and it was “exciting news” if there was a new mail delivery person :man_facepalming:. Can you imagine if a private army moved into the house next door?

I agree with @schatenjager though. 47 can’t blend in as well as he usually can bc people in the burbs are not too busy with their own life to not see him.

Sure, but it’s not a crime to walk down the street, even if you’re from out of town. And it’s not like people don’t get visitors from other places. Having a cop arresting a guy for walking down the street is just bizarre.

4 Likes

No one said he would be arrested, but it wouldn’t be unusual for the police to approach and strike up a conversation. My uncle came to visit one year. He is a Marine so he has that specific hair cut they all have with the super short sides and his air conditioning in the car stopped working on his drive to our house. He took his shirt off to complete the drive and said he was pulled over twice, both times the police knew he was a marine bc of his hair and the bumper sticker, but just wanted to know what he was doing with his shirt off and where he was going and all the little nonsense questions they will ask just to see how you respond.

Essentially 47 would have to lie his way through that set of questions and the police would let him continue but radio their colleagues and say “I just interacted with this strange guy and let’s stay sharp today.” The game has no scripting to simulate that so they just have police who can see through your suit.

Overall I hate suit enforcers though and don’t think these cops are necessary for the gameplay, but it’s not that different from the crows looking for strange additions to their streets.

5 Likes

That and a similair thing happens to Agent Thames, where two Guards ask him why he isen’t working, so it really does make sense.

1 Like