Are localised accents in Hitman 3?

I ask because going to all these exotic locations in Hitman 1 but only hearing American and English accents really hurt the replay ability for me. The fact that Hitman 2 did have them made me enjoy it so much more than 1.

As cool as localised language would be, I can understand that it might be problematic from a gameplay perspective, but accents are at least a good compromise. Honestly I loved the maps of both games so far but found it so jarring playing 1 and only hearing Western accents all the time.

6 Likes

We don’t know, and I think there will be no accents in the new game.
Maybe one at max

You’re replying to my post and I’m not completely understand what you have against me

6 Likes

I hope this isn’t aimed at me. I’ve done about 2 posts on this forum lol

Also tbf I dont think you can judge what will effect someones gameplay. For me personally I find it incredibly jarring. For others they probably dont mind, that’s fine.

11 Likes

Yeah lol I know it probably sounds silly to some…but I just felt like I was in an ICA training mission everytime I heard western accents and saw mainly white people in Asian countries

3 Likes

I did not reply to your post, NIW I am replying to your post. Notice that now it says replying to misterkiller and before it did not.

So you can’t see how somebody would find it odd if they are playing a game set in a foreign country where EVERYONE you come across is either British or American?

3 Likes

I recieved a notification that you replied to me.
Looked like this
rw

That’s why I reacted, because I didn’t understand what is your claim for me

1 Like

…errrrmm. ok? I don’t think I’ve ever alluded to it being any more than that but, yeah

4 Likes

Actually there is every perfect reason why one would want accents in Hitman, than to dismiss it with “it’s just a video game”. One can infer that the most flagship part series has been the counterpoint for localised accents. And not everyone is going to want accents in Hitman, and yet, some do. Not everyone would care so much about immersion in a video game, and yet, some do. This has been the integral part of this thread to begin with.

Personally I’m more in line with agreeing that accents would be neat in Hitman. But it doesn’t bother me that much because I don’t particularly value that interest as the most important part for what I want for this game. Like I alluded above some people have extreme weird quirks to what people want - to how much variety of gameplay features to whenever 47 would look good in a dress. This thread has kinda taken a toll in that, because you essentially just ridiculed the point of this thread through a dismissive claim.

11 Likes

Glad to know not everyone on this forum is so rude :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have a feeling Chongqing will have localized accents as well. Miss To in Dubai, Omar Al Ghazali assistant, seems to have a slight mandarin accent.

1 Like

Yes I feel the same way. No accents in HITMAN 2016 was one of the worst decisions they’ve made. It really hurt how the idea of a “World of Assassination” was perceived. They then introduced them for HITMAN 2, and I guess we’ll see them in HITMAN III (god, these namings…). It wouldn’t make much sense not to include them at this point. I did notice a lack of accents in Dubai, but it may be the fact that is an elite of people from all over the world. I did hear some accents though.

16 Likes

Hitman 3 is supposed to be the best and the peak of the trilogy.

Removing accents in the “World Of Assassination” conclusion would be like shooting a bullet on his own foot :confused:

I hope this is just speculation and that they nailed this sequel. Time will tell…

2 Likes

Totally I am sure IOI intended to give localized accents the only problem is whether they have enough budget. Sadly accents are not the priority when you have to ship a game to the door. I am afraid H3 was done on a limited budget.

Nah, that was Hitman 2.

1 Like

yeah i wondered to why in assassins creed unity all the enemys had scottish and british when it takes place in france

but i do hear spanish/indian accents in mumbai and santa fortuna

highly doubt it. IOI doesn’t seem to really care about that. I would just be happy with more than the same 3 voices over and over, including that flaming queen who hasn’t reached puberty yet, and the cockney (?) accents that I keep hearing over and over. Never knew there were that many Brits in Miami!

1 Like

With the recent fiasco, I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t though…

1 Like