Are you still planning on buying Hitman 3 on Steam in 2022?

15 Likes

Still thinking if I should leave it to chance like a coin flip or something to decide if I get either H3 or God of War :grin:

Depends if I can start over. I don’t mind the Epic launcher and the game will be the same. But I somehow would love to start completely new Steam. And still have a “backup” for some plays on Epic. As I’ve already played H1 & H2 on Steam I’m not sure this will be possible. We’ll see…

Why not get both? :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I’ll definitely get 'em both but not at the same time. I’ll definitely get one at launch and the other one later one, maybe even during a sale. Next year is gonna be a busy year when it comes to games to buy since STALKER 2 is also on my “get at launch” list :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

What if H3 gets released on Steam with a sufficient discount? :smirk:

3 Likes

When it is releasing on steam?

I believe January 22nd, 2022. One year after it was released on Epic Games.

As for me; I’m planning on waiting till February to by the 7DS dlc. I just have a feeling it’ll get a discount around that time.

No need to for me to buy it (H3) for Steam if I already have all levels/missions in H3 on Epic.

God of War is 50€ so H3 would have to be 40€ which I doubt it. Only way I’d get H3 first is if it gets released before GoW’s January 14th release date. :smiley:
Really hard choosing between two games that feature a murdering bald guy :grin:

Having played both of these Titles i recommend you buying Hitman 3 instead of GoW.

GoW isnt bad by any means but if you’re like me and like the older GoW Titles, you might get disappointed. They removed the jump button for example, so no Platforming challenges, the Gore is toned down a lot compared to the older Games and Atreus is - to me at least - an annoying brat and the Father/BOI Relationship doesn’t work for me, i have zero emotional connection to this little Shit, especially when compared to Ellie from the Last of Us or something like that.

HITMAN 3 consistently good. The Maps are as good as the ones from HITMAN 1, and even when the Story is still nowhere near as good as the OT, its still a huge step up from HITMAN 1 and especially HITMAN 2.

4 Likes

Atreus acting the mickey towards Kratos
Atreus: What’s that sound, father? Father…
Kratos:

1 Like

Oh man, I am jonesing hard for the Steam release right now. I just played Mendoza on my Stadia copy of HITMAN 3 tonight, and because I no longer subscribe to Stadia Pro I’m playing in 1080p rather than 4k, and even the 4k Stadia Pro version seems like it’s markedly dialled down the actual quality settings (which don’t exist in the Stadia version of H3, no matter whether you’re playing 4k with Stadia Pro or just 1080p with vanilla Stadia) vs playing my Steam copy of HITMAN 2 in 4k using the highest settings.

I can’t WAIT to have H3 on PC at last next month and really see how beautiful the finale to the WoA looks when you can just go ham on the settings and let those beautiful graphics shine.

9 Likes

well my friend enjoy getting your pc next month

Well , as a steam player ,I wanna say ,steam rules ,byebye epic

I just really hope there will be a way to transfer progress from Epic to Steam… :pray:

1 Like

the money from the EGS deal is definitely helping them to make the promising Year 2 content

still, i was upset when they made this deal.

normally i don’t care if a game is exclusive to epic, but i forsaw the complete mess of importing maps from hitman 2 steam to hitman 3 epic which made me avoid it all together. they did eventually fix it, it but my goodwill was gone.

i mean how do you not plan for this shit?

4 Likes

That money helped them make all their Year one content too.

How was your goodwill gone exactly? They fixed it before any update was released. If anything, that’d generate more goodwill for IOI, not lose it.

Here’s the thing, they did plan for it. If you look at their original wording, their ambiguity “forces outside our control”, strongly suggests that the issue was being caused behind the scenes, someone was causing IOI hassle when doing the whole location importing thing, and nobody internally expected any issues until it was too late. The word is, is that the culprit is Warner Bros. (the ones who publish Hitman 2, and the only game in WOA not on EGS), so it’s not an unreasonable theory. And it’s unlikely to be Square Enix, considering 2016 is on EGS, and they had no issues with their content being in Hitman 2.

6 Likes

I’m not going to buy Hitman 3 on Steam if it means paying again (which it probably will, let’s be real). Nor if it means losing on hard-earned progress in Hitman 3 Epic version.

Steam has some benefits over Epic, but not enough to be worth spending another $60 (or maybe a bit less on sale, but still). And who knows if we will be able to transfer progress again to Hitman 3 Steam, if you already transferred progress to Epic. Or if we will even be able to import Hitman 1 and 2 locations to Hitman 3 Steam client, if we already imported them to Hitman 3 Epic client.

Many of the performance related downsides of Epic Games Launcher (such as costs more CPU/ disk by running in the background, or how it won’t let you launch Hitman 3 when your Internet is off) can be fixed with Legendary Launcher, an alternate Epic Games Client.

I wrote a guide for Hitman 3 players using Legendary here: Legendary (Epic Games Launcher Alternative) for Hitman 3

I hope it will help other Hitman 3 players who don’t want to pay for Hitman 3 on Steam again and want to make the best of Hitman 3 Epic version.

1 Like

That is nonsense. They can just do the same Starter Pack thing they did with Hitman 2, and given IOI accounts partially exist for DLC transfers… I suspect they haven’t said anything due to the EGS NDA. They will NOT make us pay for it again, because if they do, we will justifiably be up in arms about it. Epic also enforces those with outside servers to be cross-launcher because, in their own words, “it’s what players expect”. IOI will not abandon us on EGS, it’s against EGS’s entire service ethos it seems.

EGS uses less RAM and disk usage when idle than on Steam (the average is about 500mb idle on steam, less than 150MB on EGS), in part because EGS has an idle mode that shuts off unnecessary stuff (which steam does not do outside of big picture mode). And not even by a little bit, it’s by quite a long way. And yes, Legendary uses less resources than EGS, but that’s because it’s a CLI, not a GUI, so it’s immediately going to be using less resources on that alone:

EGS while idle (ignore the Top pictures’ usage numbers):

Steam while idle (ignore the Top pictures’ usage numbers):

Unless you have a really bad laptop or PC, then EGS is not gonna cause you issues while idle, and even then, one could argue Steam should cause you more issues in that regard.

EGS is not as unoptimized as many claim it is.