Are you still planning on buying Hitman 3 on Steam in 2022?

I’m a console player and so I have it on PS and won’t buy it on Steam. I hope i voted correctly :joy:

1 Like

Yes but only at a discounted price during sales.

They clearly don’t care anymore about the franchise, so why should i bother and buy it full price?

Cya in a year or two on Steam :+1:

People who have the game on EGS and are buying it on Steam too must be mentally unsound/mad/insane/dangerous.

On a positive note, if I were in IOI’s shoes, I’d release it on every other PC store in the world, making a fortune off people who must have it on every possible platform.

5 Likes

You’d expect IO to just discontinue support for H3 by the end of this year and not state that there’s content planned for 2022 if they’d ‘‘stopped caring’’ about the franchise; that looks as if it won’t be the case.

1 Like

I’d be delighted to be wrong and see this latest installment of this franchise being treated like needed.

Sadly it seems that there is still a lot of work to do, even if they released some kind of interesting content, despite the quality being way less better than HITMAN 2 post-launch content.

Time will tell :+1:

Time will tell yeah. But I still find a bit funny (or sad) when I read here and here things like “They don’t care about Hitman” when at the same time IOI proceed to enter in their 9th year of development of the WOA games serie (2013-2022 with a historically catastrophic commercial start) and stated clearly that content and features are still planned after the 7DS DLCs. It’s not every day that you can see that on a singleplayer experience.

It’s okay, if people just want more, it means that IO has at least achieved something good. But I keep saying that it’s awkward to read this kind of thing. Players should focus their “criticism effort”* on the online mode which is the real issue here. If IO does nothing about it, all the content will be pointless.

*The GOG’s case is a significant step in this direction and I’m happy to see that.

16 Likes

Let’s break it down, H16 content cycle was over a two year time frame. With the bonus episodes (The Icon & A House Built on Sand) released on July 19th 2016 and Landslide on January 31st. May 15th 2018 IO released Definitive Edition of H16, which included more bonus missions. It’s important to note that at this point IO was still suffering from their breakup with Square-Enix and needed capital to be able to finish the production of H2, recycling old content and slapping a new layer of paint over it and selling it. This was needed to finish the production. 5 month and 29 days later IO release H2.

With the release of H2 IO was still not out of the water, the production was still affected after IO was dropped by Square. The two Bonus missions where likely cut content, that they couldn’t finish before release. Finished at a later date and then “resold”. These two “bonus” missions are an interquel part to the story linking H2 and H3.

All this happened at a time where IO’s future was uncertain, they had to let go around 50% of their employees to turn the ship around. Which they luckily did and we are now in a period where IO have opened two new studios outside Denmark, working on multiple IPs and still creating H3 content, which isn’t even one year old, they can still pump out content over a two year gap like they did with H16.

It’s called marketing.

To you, maybe. What might be trash to you, might be gold to others. I’m personally not a fan either of the post release content, but it’s a very subjective question of taste.

I’ll have to ask again, when was the trust broken? Have IO promised you something and not delivered on it when it comes to post launch content? or is this due to wishful thinking and building up your own exportations? IO have been pretty clear early on that H3 was the end, there will be no new maps like we saw with H2, the story of the trilogy is told. If you dislike the post launch content, vote with your wallet. Hopefully the upcoming content IO is teasing, will be to more peoples likening.

13 Likes

I bought the gold edition of Hitman 2 at full price, which came with the season pass - so you’d get all the DLC, when it was eventually released. When the first bit of DLC came out, they put the season pass on sale for 50% off. I didn’t even get to play the DLC before it was discounted.

So, not in a hurry to buy anything this time around. I’ve already waited a year, I can wait a bit longer.

5 Likes

HITMAN 3 deserves much better content and quality than that, and they know it.

I only got it on EGS because I managed to get the entire game for 12$, which I easily covered with youtube video revenue from the game. Complete garbage, barely functional store that’s missing many essential features. Happy to completely ditch it as soon as it’s possible.

1 Like

But still has better download time and better download stability than steam (like for example back4blood beta which i initially wanted to download on steam but since it was so unstable and shit I decided to download it on the EGS which took me 30 minutes instead of probably forever on steam)

1 Like

‘‘Way more money’’
That’s only the case after H3 sold better than they’d expected; as far as I know, H2 and H1 didn’t have a pandemic in the middle of their development. (Iirc, the budget for H3 was lower than that for H2; H3 also marks the first WoA game where IO hasn’t outsourced out any map, as of now.)

Also, it must be considered that this being the last game in the WoA trilogy, IO might be planning to support H3 for a much longer period than either H1 or H2, and hence they might be spreading content out over a much longer period instead of concentrating it into a few months (hence the dearth of content for now).

2 Likes

Definitely i will buy it again, but I don’t have much hope for progress carryover to Steam…

I don’t want to open this game on that thing… It’s unbelievable that sometimes the launcher has login issues, with blank pages where almost every week there is an update claiming to add/fix stuff that i never saw.

It’s a launcher, yes, I don’t have any problem if a game isn’t available on steam, but boiii this launcher sucks… And Epic as company too.

3 Likes

They have done Dartmoor. It might be a Escalation, but it’s much closer to a Bonus Mission than Special Assignments for Example.

I mean, none of the maps in H3 (as of now) have been outsourced for development by another company;
Colorado, Santa Fortuna, and Sgail were developed by Sumo Digital, not by IO.

2 Likes

EGS downloads at 30% less here and the client shits itself if you have to turn it off mid download so not really.p

1 Like

I’ve mentioned this before, but there’s nothing explicitly stopping IOI from doing save transfers and such. Epic actually enforces all games with online server saves to be cross-launcher as, in their own words “that’s what people expect”. This is a foregone conclusion, and if IOI have any sense, they’ll do an Epic → steam transfer system. Rogue Company does it, so IOI can do so as well.

You should probably look through steams’ update logs sometime, they patch stuff constantly that you’ll likely never notice. Just because something is invisible to most users, doesn’t mean it’s not a problem.

I don’t understand why anyone is even concerned about Epic to Steam transfer, frankly. It’s not the Epic account that stores your progress - it’s the IOI account. When you get Hitman 3 on Steam you’ll register the game, link your steam account to your IOI account (assuming you even need to if you did the progress transfer from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3), and you’ll be good to go. That’s how I expect things to work at least.

2 Likes

I must.

I still haven’t played Hitman 3.

1 Like

We’ll see in a couple of months. Like I said, I don’t have any hope right now but it doesn’t mean nothing, of course I will be pleased if we gonna have it. It’s just my thought out loud, nothing more.

I certainly don’t know if it’s something that depends on them internally or not. As you said they probably can, I mean they could say to link Epic and Steam accounts on our IOI account and the game will look if there is any old progress from Epic (or viceversa) and then sync on both platforms.

Can’t say nothing on this one. As an average user, I can only criticize what I’ve “used” in a year on Epic Games Launcher. I had more issues in a year on Epic than on Steam but also I don’t pretend that they can be good as steam in a moment. For now I prefer Steam, that’s all.