Ask HMF anything

Does anyone have a link to the site that you could buy the really cool canvases that had the Hitman WOA locations printed on them? I cant seem to find it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

this one? https://displate.com/hitmangame

6 Likes

yup, thanks :smiley:

3 Likes

Has anyone noticed what’s on 47’s shoulder in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/hitman/status/1434437898602827777?s=21

1 Like

looks to me like a bad photo editing job :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

@wincenworks I have another question. Can you let us upload video files (mp4 for instance) but with the volume limit of 4MB like image formats? It makes things easier with sharing smaller video files, usually short and less than a Megabyte, and it still won’t devour the disk space of your host due to the size limit.

4 Likes

It’s actually more a bandwidth issue, bandwidth costs me more than hosting does (uploads go into the Amazon cloud), I am old enough to remember the old days when that was standard and some people’s sites went under due to bandwidth leeching.

That and historically there have been issues with just embedding images, them upsetting people with autoplay, surprisingly them with volume/dialog, etc.

Which is probably why they’ve done best on sites just for short videos like Tik Tok (and Vine… RIP)

7 Likes

Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

Does anyone have or know the target intel backstory to the Gunrunner elusive target?

I ask for a project I’m working on

1 Like

Hi @Urben. If you can, could you go into detail about your Contract Creation Guide? What inspired you to create it? Is there anything you’d like to add that could be insightful here?

This is currently for an ongoing project btw.

7 Likes

I think some things made me write that guide. There was always the unwritten rules of no-go’s of contracts or ideas that seem good at first but don’t at second. But it was always obvious to me that there is no “everyone likes this” and “everyone hates this”. Some like the challenge and every possible obstacle.

Since always I watch munga’s streams and he plays user contracts even if they turn out being not so well. He delivered good examples what a contract can put you through if you can’t guess the immediate solution for it at first. Contract creators usually lack this perspective and this is also what the guide is intended to help at.

So to both give some help at creation but also without making it dogmatic, I decided that a guide should list arguments for what each element can be used for and what the downside of them are. No set of “rules”.

I hoped for more input where users add some arguments as well but there never came that much, so I guess I did a decent job. I also hoped that it will help Travis at picking featured contracts. I think he got better over time but it might be more the user feedback than my guide which did that. Now Clemens does the picking mostly and actively links the guide in the initial submission thread post. I think this is the best position to put it and HMF shows you how many clicked on it. I like to think this is helping.

19 Likes

Fantastic writeup. Thank you for this. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So when was the next update coming? The one where we’re promised the fixed camera shoulder swap.

1 Like

At the end of September, when the Gluttony season ends.

5 Likes

A-ha! Thanks!
20gratitudes

3 Likes

Sorry for stealing your spotlight with my question. I hope this answers it, but if you’re referring to his briefing, it can be found in-game.

Among those in the know, Vito Đurić is a celebrity. He is a charismatic arms dealer and sanction buster with the reputation of being able to acquire anything for anyone. The ICA notes his involvement in almost every covert conflict of the past decade.

The target has been the subject of an international arrest order for the past five years but has avoided or escaped arrest thanks to the support of his clients. It seems likely that he is considered useful by various intelligence agencies and thus enjoys a measure of protection from international justice.

Such protection does not apply to the attentions of the ICA, however. The contract indicates that the target will be in Marrakesh as part of an arms deal supplying Reza Zaydan’s forces in connection with a planned coup.

https://hitman.fandom.com/wiki/Vito_Đurić

3 Likes

I just noticed that the triangle for spoiler tags with dropdowns has pretty much the same width as the numbers of lists:

1. First step
2. Second step

Details for second step

1. Third step

Can someone confirm the 2. is exactly below 1. and above 3. without being too far to the left or right? Or is this just my device?

1 Like
  1. is left and not aligned.
2 Likes

Aw okay, thanks. 22020202

2 Likes

That’s how I see it on PC
Opera_2021-09-20_190712_www.hitmanforum.com

6 Likes