Ask HMF anything

Why is Joanne Bayswatter called Iconoclast? Iconoclasm is act of destroying what is socially considered iconic, and untouchable. What exactly is she destroying in her case?

5 Likes

Her agency.

10 Likes

do you think Hitman devs use rubber duck debugging? maybe that’s where the idea for rubber ducks in the game came from :thinking:

1 Like

@Kent’s improving missions threads from the old forums, does anyone have any copies or know where to find them?

2 Likes

The first instance of a ‘Ducky’ was in Codename 47. I never played it, only seen a video on it. One of the patients wants 47 to find his rubber ducky…

Go to 4:40 in the video to see this reference.

Then there’s the Blood Money promotional artwork where there’s a rubber duck in the bathtub…

So the whole Rubber Duck thing goes way back. Them using it in the WOA games is just a throwback/reference to those older games.

7 Likes

well yes, I was aware of it going way back. what I meant was what inspired them to put it into the codename 47 game in the first place. the patient could have asked 47 to find anything, but they chose a rubber duck

1 Like

Ah. Well, I clicked on the Wiki article… Not knowing the time the term originated I can’t say for sure… But as for it being the inspiration for having it in the old game… I doubt it.

Take the setting. An insane asylum. The patients wanting 47 to find toys are in a childish state of mind (that’s just a general idea, nothing precise to start any argu “civilized discussions” over). A teddy bear, a rubber duck, (who knows what else)… So in this instance it’s not so much about the props as it is the actors.

Then in blood money, having a rubber duck in the bathtub is a cliche, so is dying via toaster in the bathwater. They’re probably putting in the duck to emphasize that it’s a bathtub the potential victim is in.

I’d think that the 2 previous instances aren’t directly related to each other. The fact that they’re a prominent feature in the game now is, as I mentioned, simply harkening back (thinking about it) probably more influenced from Blood Money rather than C47. :man_shrugging:

But not even Hakan Abrak knows what the “IO” in IO-Interactive originally stands for. So it’s not likely we’re ever going to hear from any original Dev/s to say whether or not a programming term inspired the use of Rubber Ducks.

3 Likes

yeah, i guess it is unlikely. i appreciate your responses and points, i just remembered that debugging method and felt that it fit in with Hitman

4 Likes

On my holidays there was this old Japanese Anime on tv. Saw it already as a kid and it brought back some memories. It’s not a good series, but nevertheless I very much wish to own the main title on vinyl. But it’s quite hard to find it (if it even exists) as I’m not familiar with the Japanese letters. The series is called «Hikari no Densetsu» (光の伝説), the main song is performed by Tsukasa Ito and is called «Haato no kisetsu» (ハートの季節) (written by Eiji Kawamura). I was searching discogs for a few hours now but couldn’t find anything. There’s also more than one Tsukasa Ito on there. Maybe the song was never released. Could anyone help me find this?

Discogs-site with everything by every Tsukasa Ito:
https://www.discogs.com/search/?type=all&artist=tsukasa+ito
Wikipedia for the Series:

2 Likes

That’s a really nice hobby you have! I’d like to help you, but so far I can only find her albums in CD form, with no luck on vinyl record. Here is a best collection of her, released in 2004. 18 songs are included. Haato no kisetsu (#17) is also in there. I put an Amazon link here as well in case you are willing to purchase it. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! If I don’t find the song on vinyl I’ll probably buy it on CD.

1 Like

“C o d e m a n e
47”

Oh no.

Close your blinds, lock your doors, and hire a private security. Mr. Ochoa’s gonna send his son after you now.

Yeah, what’s the opposite of this?

6 Likes

Absolution probably.

1 Like

You’re talking about MrOchoa, it’s Blood Money.

3 Likes

Ohh wait, I forgot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey now, I a feex, I a feex. :ok_hand:

:laughing: ^Italian accent

2 Likes

Contrary to popular belief here on HMF i dont hate BM, its just not nearly as great as most people (IO Interactive included) want it to be.

Its by no means a bad Game, its just a good game in a Series of great Games.

7 Likes

For all the American Users here, whats your opinion on Opossums?
Whenever i watch an American Show or Movie that includes a Opossum the people/actors always react with some level of disgust to them, why is that? Like on the Level of Rats or Pidgeon, or Spiders.

I think they are rather cute, but i get the impression that most people dont feel the same way lol

6 Likes

We’re only freaked out by them because they can carry rabies. And they make the most unpleasant screeching noise at night when a person least expects it, for example when you might be walking your dog down a dark country street and you might become convinced that there is possibly a whole ass actual demon in those bushes so you’d better run your ass home so you and your dog don’t die.

But otherwise they’re OK.

8 Likes

Hmm Yeah that makes sense, i misread this at first for “babies”, which they also do lol

so cute, look at these smol fingers :heart_eyes:

11 Likes