Ask HMF anything

b8b

From the looks of things, opossums have a lower chance to carry rabies compared to other mammals :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Little cuties if you ask me.

They are very delicate especially at a younger age. A friend of mind found one abandoned by its mother the other day and he was very sick and full of fleas, but was promptly taken to the right place that could nurse him back to health.

8 Likes

Back in 2012 I had an Opossum to get into some insulation under my house. It was in February and still very cold out. I thought I would hear something in my floor boards below my bedroom, then eventually it started to smell like a rat’s nest. If you’ve ever had a pet rodent, and smelled how their cage can get after a while - you’ll know this smell. This went on for a few weeks before I found out what it was. I seen it by my porch one night, another time by my storage building.

I had a relative that lived close by that let me borrow their wire-cage animal trap. It’s the kind that releases a door when weight is put on one end. So I set it under my house and a day or 2 later it got trapped. My dad had a truck so we took it a few miles down the road, took it out to the woods, and set it free.

After that, I tried to clean out the soiled little nest he made for himself, then fixed any possible areas where animals could get in again.

As for how I feel about them… I don’t hate 'em. I know they have a benefit to nature and I don’t see them as pests (except when they’re invading some part of my dwelling :sweat_smile: ).

7 Likes

We call them Possums, but I have no opinion on them except the same slight fear just like badger or a large raccoon. Badgers a totally mean but any of those animals can lash out if they have children around and/or you stumble up on them and startle them.

6 Likes

In my country you never have a problem with possums. They are much better than the possibly rabid but definitely aggressive opossum.

6 Likes

Sorry, I really slept on this when the old forums were taken offline. I believe it’s unlikely anyone copied them, and extracting them from the archived old forums is probably a real pain @wincenworks is this right?

I might have a few scripts laying around somewhere as I usually write these up in Word beforehand, though they’re rarely the final thing, as I do a lot of last minute changes when posting them.

5 Likes

I have the databases sitting on my hard drive but text is not particularly accessible since the database file is so huge that it requires special software to access at all. I could look for stuff if there were say particular keywords to look by for, but can’t guarantee anything.

8 Likes

All old threads are also archived by Notex:
https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/preserving-all-10-000-hmf-posts

Note that is lacks a search and is very bare bone. You would have to go site by site to find a specific thread. Or you download the whole thing to search is on your disk but I did not try that. You probably have to index everything first.

11 Likes

Thanks.
@Zevoros I quickly went through the Notex archive and found these:

Improving “The Finishline”
Improving “Three-Headed Serpent”
Improving “Chasing a Ghost”

I believe I never got to Another Life / The Ark Society, and I couldn’t find Night Call, though I believe I did one for it.
H1 “Improving” -threads were a lot less “ambitious” in presentation so I’d rather not dig those up. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I woke up this morning and my arms and back feels sore. I continue my day and my back and right hand felt better but my left shoulder to my arm got worse. Does anyone know what is happening here and how to fix it, or at least make it feel more bearable?

1 Like

It’s impossible to say what’s happening. And for what to do - that depends on the type of pain. Maybe a soak in a hot bathtub (good for muscle and joint pain), and taking something like Aleve (if you’re not allergic to it).

I could also suggest stretching. But not knowing what’s going on that could make things worse.

6 Likes

@wincenworks I have a few questions about the forum, discourse system to be more specific:

• What is the point of making a post “wiki”? I did that once to get the badge months ago, but I see no difference.
  • There is a badge “first reply by email”. I tried replying by email (there was a button for it in the sent mail), but nothing happened. The fact that no one else has it either made me think that is that even possible?
  • What is the difference in the privileges of an admin and a moderator? Understandable if you don’t want to answer this one.
3 Likes

Wiki posts can be edited by other users, just like a Wikipedia page. Though I can’t imagine this would end well, it might be more useful in private group chats to collaborate on a text.

Never tried that myself but it is possibly turned off to filter a method to spam. Bots surely can post with emails more easily than with the user interface here.

Wincen can check more private details of users than we moderators can. He can also read everyone’s private messages, though that is only made use of when there is a good reason for it, like someone is suspected to attack users in private or plot against the forum itself.
There are surely more things I forgot. But these are the main things. Plus the other technical things like running updates, tweak the forum and the sub boards…

14 Likes

What is some decent and free video-editing software for video games? I’ve been using a DaVinci, but it seems too heavy, and it recently died on me, so I uninstalled it.

3 Likes

:flushed:

Oh, so I have to use another messaging method to plan the forum hack :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

3 Likes

Hitfilm Express

6 Likes

I finished my HITMAN: ABSOLUTION story reboot thingy. Can anyone give me their opinions and criticism on it? Things they liked and didn’t like?

What is your personal preference of main menu music, from the original four Hitman games?

Main Menu Themes
  • Hitman: Codename 47
  • Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  • Hitman: Contracts
  • Hitman: Blood Money

0 voters

1 Like

I’d rate the Main Menu Themes like that.

Contracts > SA > Codename 47 > Blood Money

7 Likes