Ask HMF anything

you put franz schubert - one of the greatest composers in the history of western music - in last place…?

i’m kidding! jezus

3 Likes

[Currently undergoing a video project]

What made Hitman Absolution contracts mode so memorable? What stemmed from that to contracts made into the other last three games?

5 Likes

It being named after one of the main installments.

4 Likes

People joke about this but honestly I have caught way too many people in the past using PMs to confess to one another:

• They deliberately bullying members
  • They are creating fake accounts to troll
  • They are actively trying to encourage people to ignore moderators
  • They are actively trying to bully the staff
  • They are faking ignorance while deliberately breaking rules

Often after I’ve recently stated I can see PMs (though I usually don’t look at them without good cause).

In addtion to everuthing Urben has metnioned, I can also adjust a whole bunch of settings, modify the design of the forum, etc and have to do the updates and other maintenance stuff.

13 Likes

Thanks for the answer.

Grey once said “When you’re invisible, you stop looking over your shoulder”; Or at least in this case when you feel you’re invisible.
But yeah joking about this aside, it definitely is something necessary for you to be able to read them in case someone intends to break the rules in either way.

2 Likes

As many of you may know my thread The Roadmap Museum has been a pet project of mine for what will be two years later this month. I’ve started it back in 2019 and have since been updating it religiously since then.

While I have additional plans for this thread that I will share at a later date but today I’ll be talking about three things I’m adding.

Firstly, I’m looking to rebrand the Museum so it’s fitting to the robust amount of content that is displayed there. Truth be told it’s more than just a Roadmap Museum. It surpasses that, but with that being said I’m taking suggestions to what it should be called since it needs a more definitive name.

Secondly, I’m adding a new section dedicated to the celebrity stuff that we had between Hitman 1 and 2. These little gems of content I feel are necessary since they are integral points to the content we received. I ask kindly that someone gather the Gary Promotional material and Sean Bean Promotional material for me if they feel inclined to contribute to this.

Lastly, it’s inevitable that the last Roadmap for HITMAN 3 will happen and that is slowly but surely approaching. I’ve created a placeholder section in the thread that I want the community to name. This will be the final era for the WoA roadmaps so anything post Sins will be placed here.

I’m looking forward to whatever suggestions or contributions you have for me, thank you.

7 Likes

Wow, I haven’t really taken a look at the Bodyguards Models, but you would think that they atleast would pick distinct looking ones, if all are Alive, even if all are cloned, but nope :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Maybe “The End of an Era” or something like that, to play on the existing names :thinking:

6 Likes

I have 3 suggestions for it!

• HITMAN™: World of Roadmap
  • HITMAN™ 2: Make the Roadmaps Your Weapon
  • HITMAN™ III: Roadmaps await

Serious though, I think WoR will suit the thread perfectly. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Does anyone have a link to the site that you could buy the really cool canvases that had the Hitman WOA locations printed on them? I cant seem to find it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

this one? https://displate.com/hitmangame

6 Likes

yup, thanks :smiley:

3 Likes

Has anyone noticed what’s on 47’s shoulder in this tweet.

https://twitter.com/hitman/status/1434437898602827777?s=21

1 Like

looks to me like a bad photo editing job :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

@wincenworks I have another question. Can you let us upload video files (mp4 for instance) but with the volume limit of 4MB like image formats? It makes things easier with sharing smaller video files, usually short and less than a Megabyte, and it still won’t devour the disk space of your host due to the size limit.

4 Likes

It’s actually more a bandwidth issue, bandwidth costs me more than hosting does (uploads go into the Amazon cloud), I am old enough to remember the old days when that was standard and some people’s sites went under due to bandwidth leeching.

That and historically there have been issues with just embedding images, them upsetting people with autoplay, surprisingly them with volume/dialog, etc.

Which is probably why they’ve done best on sites just for short videos like Tik Tok (and Vine… RIP)

7 Likes

Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

Does anyone have or know the target intel backstory to the Gunrunner elusive target?

I ask for a project I’m working on

1 Like

Hi @Urben. If you can, could you go into detail about your Contract Creation Guide? What inspired you to create it? Is there anything you’d like to add that could be insightful here?

This is currently for an ongoing project btw.

7 Likes

I think some things made me write that guide. There was always the unwritten rules of no-go’s of contracts or ideas that seem good at first but don’t at second. But it was always obvious to me that there is no “everyone likes this” and “everyone hates this”. Some like the challenge and every possible obstacle.

Since always I watch munga’s streams and he plays user contracts even if they turn out being not so well. He delivered good examples what a contract can put you through if you can’t guess the immediate solution for it at first. Contract creators usually lack this perspective and this is also what the guide is intended to help at.

So to both give some help at creation but also without making it dogmatic, I decided that a guide should list arguments for what each element can be used for and what the downside of them are. No set of “rules”.

I hoped for more input where users add some arguments as well but there never came that much, so I guess I did a decent job. I also hoped that it will help Travis at picking featured contracts. I think he got better over time but it might be more the user feedback than my guide which did that. Now Clemens does the picking mostly and actively links the guide in the initial submission thread post. I think this is the best position to put it and HMF shows you how many clicked on it. I like to think this is helping.

19 Likes