Official PC Location Importing Guide

UPDATE FOR JANUARY 2022

IMPORTANT

This guide and process is specifically intended for HITMAN 2 owners on Steam that want to import their locations into HITMAN 3 on Epic Games Store. Those players should follow the guide as instructed to import their locations.

If you want to import locations from HITMAN 2 on Steam to HITMAN 3 on Steam , you do not need to use this process. Instead, locations will be carried over ‘automatically’ based on your Steam entitlements.

Updated information can also be found on the HITMAN 3 Player Support Site.

See below for the original post from early 2021:

PC players who own HITMAN 1 or HITMAN 2, are now able to import locations from those games into HITMAN 3 at no additional cost.

After signing in to their IOI Account, PC players will need to follow a simple 3-step process to import their locations into HITMAN 3:

1. Read the instructions
  2. Review their accounts
  3. Claim content / import locations

A few important things before getting started:

• Double check all your choices before claiming content. They cannot be undone or reversed.

• The content you claim will be an ‘Access Pass DLC’. For example, if you own HITMAN 2, you can claim the HITMAN 2 Access Pass. It’s that simple.

• Once you have claimed an Access Pass, restart HITMAN 3 to access the relevant content. (There are no codes you need to redeem.)

• We recommend using a PC browser for this process, the site is not fully optimised for mobile browsers.

Ready to get started? Click the link below to sign in to your IOI Account and begin the process.

PC LOCATION IMPORTING PROCESS

55 Likes

Finally! Thank you all IOI employees for your work on the title.

1 Like

This needed to have happened from the start, but I’m glad we have this resolved.

4 Likes

I’m not fully understood what to undone in this particular case.
Will I be able to play HITMAN 2 game on Steam after this procedure or it will be somehow locked?

Worked like a charm, I was able to play all H2 levels right away.

2 Likes

Can you confirm your HITMAN 2 on Steam still playable and untouched?

I can’t, I don’t have it installed on Steam.

Yes, nothing changes with what you already own.

11 Likes

Did you create a new IOI Account for Epic or you managed to link Steam and Epic to one and the same account?
I can’t link Epic to my account…

I linked it to the same account.

Worked perfect! Thanks for the effort!

1 Like

Thank you.
For some reason I was trying to link account via a website… Dumbass me.
Linking through the game worked fine.

Also confirm, everything went smoothly and access gained

Worked like a charm, everything is there :+1:

1 Like

@Travis_IOI

So… does the “You can only claim one of each Access Pass from each source account” simply mean I can’t continuously “give away” H2 to people, or does it have implications for future Steam → Steam transfers of locations?

Put a another (hopefully simpler) way:
If I claim H2 locations in H3 on Epic Games, will I be able to get them on Steam if I decide to buy H3 there when it is released?

I understand if this might not have a direct answer yet, but if the answer is simply “No” it would be nice to know.

9 Likes

I get scared every time I read your instructions

Worked a treat. Thanks IO

1 Like

I’ve run into an issue with the Location Importing. Under “Hitman 2 Source Accounts”, Hitman 1 is marked as available (and I successfully claimed the H1 GOTY Access Pass), but Hitman 2 is marked as “Unavailable”, even though I own both H1 and H2 on Steam.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Is your copy Hitman 2 connected to the IOI account or not?

Yes, Hitman 2 is linked to my IO account. What’s even more strange is that I haven’t linked my Hitman 1 game to my IO account… Which means that the Location Import tool is detecting my copy of Hitman 1 though my Hitman 2 game, but isn’t letting me import Hitman 2! Very odd