Ask HMF anything

@Urben , do you happen to have a list of all of your featured contracts? I came across Soup-A-La-Big-One, my favourite, and wanted to make a poll in the yes/no thread to see which one hmf says is the best of the best.
I wonder if they’ll all fit in one poll :grin:

Here you go:

My better half of FC from H2016.

All my FC that are in H3:
Contracts from others I picked as curator are put in ( )

ICA Facility:

• Arrive, Hide, Leave

Paris:

• (Bookend Beautis (REMIX))
  • Süßer die Nacken nie klingen

Sapienza:

• (Green Penthouse Effect (MASHUP))

Marrakesh:

• Dead Or Deaf
  • (Magic Carpet Ride (REMIX))
  • The Monster From Nedanför

Bangkok:

• (Checkerboard)
  • Defeating the Deaf

Hokkaido:

• (Enforcer Hunt: Doctor)
  • Where Patients Meet

Hawkes Bay:

• Triple Trouble

Miami:

• Greed For Speed
  • (Perfect Shooter Puzzle (REMIX))

Santa Fortuna:

• (The Accidental Gardener)
  • The Vespa With No Muffler

Mumbai:

• Between Shawls And Sheaves
  • (The Rana Contravention)

Isle of Sgail:

• Corey Potter & The Sword Of Pandora
  • Exchange Of Professions
  • (Mission Code: F.S.F.N (REMIX))
  • Raising The Bar

New York:

• (MIK Challenge #14)
  • Resource Management
  • What Color Has Your Collar?

Haven:

• Soup-À-La-Big-One

Dubai:

• Peak Ingenuity
  • (Holy Xmas 10)

Chongqing:

• (Santa Claus Is Coming To Town)

Mendoza:

• (Broken Sled)
  • Gifts With History
  • Shame On Me
4 Likes

Thanks!

Also this should be “Shame On Me”

2 Likes

A non-Hitman question for my fellow Americans, or anyone who has carefully studied the US Constitution. If this is too political, one of the mods let me know and I’ll delete it, but I’ll try and keep this as academic as possible: where in our Constitution does it state that citizens of the United States have the right to own or posses a firearm or munitions?

Not the Second Amendment; the 2A only states that such a right shall not be infringed upon by the government. What I want to know is where it says in the Constitution, or any of its 27 amendments, that there is a right to own or posses a firearm or munitions in the first place, for the 2A to then protect from being infringed upon by the government.

No opinions, no political stances, none of that; I’m asking for a location. Where is it stated in the Constitution?

1 Like

You had it right there.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

To infringe on a right would be to limit that right. So the govt can not limit a persons right to keep and carry arms. (Although they do and it’s generally accepted by even the far right. You can’t have a tank with live tank rounds and a flame thrower on it).

None, the second amendment is quite clear that owning a gun is for the purposes of maintaining a well-regulated militia and even then those militias have to be defending the state apparatus. Hell it was in 2008 when protections for non-milita holders and individuals was formally recognised after DC v. Heller.

The truth is the second amendment was contentious and even George Washington though militias were bullshit, expressing so in letters he had written and in one testimony. But not bullshit enough to directly violate the second amendment by forcibly ending the Whiskey Rebellions by engaging with the rebels. It has faced several possible amendments at certain points and in fact was violated by the Supreme court in cases such as United States v. Cruikshank (though this was done to hurt all rights as it applied to minorities not solely the rights of gun owners)

In point of fact the British Common Law that inspired the US Bill of Rights actually had looser gun ownership than the Bill of Rights since it directly states gun ownership to be an individual right to self-defence and in cases where rebellion was needed to necessitate freedom. (Since it was to protect Protestants from Catholic persecution)

Technically you can make it about an individual’s right to own weaponry and some states do trick grammatical things or they have broad interpretations of the actual amendment.

Right, but my question was, where does the Constitution give people that right in the first place, to require it to not be infringed upon? Proponents of gun rights have even said multiple times that the 2A does not give people that right, it just protects it. So what part of the constitution gives people the right? No rights in this country exist without being defined in some way in the constitution and/or it’s amendments.

Oh now I understand your meaning. It’s not explicitly written down but the 10th amendment reads…
“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

So we have the power to chew gum, ride a bicycle, buy things like houses… Pretty much we can do anything we want unless the constitution or some lesser legal document stops us from doing it.

Ah the Tenth, the legislative equivalent of the Bingo Free Space.

2 Likes

Damn, I was hoping I was onto something, but that kind of retroactively covered the loophole. Oh well.

1 Like

Yep. It’s the one that makes the country a “show me where it says I can’t do that,” instead of a “show me where it says you can do that” place.

I imagine it would be impossible to write down everything that a person has the right to do.

It wasn’t retroactively.

The first 10 amendments all went in together. Collectively they are called the “bill of rights” and they were put there to limit the power of the government.

1 Like

Oh, fuck, that’s right, and I knew that!

Sorry, I’m really tired and I’m getting it mixed up with the amendments that came later. Nvm.

2 Likes

And you would be right, it is why it exists because the Framers were not all-seeing and all-knowing. This could account for societal changes in what could be considered a right. it is just that America forgot it can rewrite the Constitution at any point they felt and that it wasn’t all binding.

3 Likes

Hmm, seems to make the arguments against Roe v Wade seem like bullshit…

Anyway, let’s not go further because I don’t want to get political over here. I’ve got my answer.

3 Likes

Because it is. America can and should make abortion a right because it is a right. if you can trust men to carry around an AR-15 then you should trust a woman to make a sound choice about their living circumstances.

6 Likes

The good people of HMF, is there anyone here who currently has H1 and/or H2 installed on PC? (need a screenshot of something)

I have both and am doing nothing. What do you need?

2 Likes

Great! Could I trouble you for screenshots of explosions of a C4 block (or demo block or whatever it´s called) and a grenade? (something like the screens below, any location is fine as long as they´re properly visible)

My memory is garbage, but iirc in both H1 and H2 the explosions had the sort of classic “fireball” (for lack of a better word) effect to them and I want to rant about it being removed (among other things).

Plus one more thing. Could you please check that I´m not hallucinating and the previous games did not have this utterly horrendous effect where bullet impacts upon shooting an NPC (or pretty much any surface) would produce this splash/explosion/whatever the hell it´s supposed to be?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Minor edit on the explosions. An open location is probably better for the screens. I realized I took mine next to a stove which probably wasn´t the best choice for my purpose lol.

1 Like