Ask HMF anything

I’d say A as i dont think i could live with milk (does that count?) everyday of my life as im lactose intolerant soooo, i do however enjoy it every now and again.
To put it short I’d spend the rest of my life on the toilet or bankrupt paying for dairy free milk :laughing:

To everyone who speaks the Kings English: why do the British F1 announcers always say crash helmet instead of just helmet?

1 Like

Perhaps they are distinguishing between helmets made to protect someone from a crash, and helmets meant to protect someone from a bullet in combat? Only reason I can think of.

3 Likes

That was what I assume too but it’s auto racing. The drivers all wear the same kind of helmet.

It would be like if the NFL announcers kept saying “football helmet” during the game. The players are all wearing the same kind. You can just say helmet.

1 Like

Maybe it’s trademarked and they have to say it for rights reasons? Straws being grasped at this point. It’s probably just the usual fucked up eay of speaking that nobody thinks about.

1 Like

No way :joy: there are actually 3 companies that make the things and one super complicated situation where one driver is signed as a sponsor from company 1 but their team aerodynamasist likes the way the other companies helmet works better so he wears a mis labeled helmet. Kinda like if you wore Nike shoes made by Reebok.

It’s just part of the way they speak the language, but I’m curious if it’s unique to F1 or if a Brit on the street might say bicycle helmet or construction helmet instead of just helmet.

1 Like

i don’t know, maybe because helmet on its own is a colloquial term for one’s penis tip or glans?

fun fact time! in the uk, the glans are also commonly referred to as a:

• bellend
  • meat ram
  • pope hat
  • greasy spoon
  • his saintly glory
  • shatner’s bassoon
  • tom thumb
  • cardinal lady thumper
  • the spartan horn dog emporium
  • mr quidditch’s wild tangerine ride
8 Likes

I knew there was something behind it. We don’t use that word to mean that stateside.

2 Likes

Everything after that one has to be a lie

3 Likes

i’m sorry, only bellend was genuine. no prize for you!

4 Likes

a normal way to say naturally :laughing:
i wouldn’t be surprised if we do actually say these one day.

3 Likes

Pope Hat sounded real. I’m traumatized now. What’s truth and what’s a lie?

1 Like

let’s make it happen. just the very idea of it makes my pope hat swell with joy.

i’m so sorry.

live feed from sean’s:

6 Likes

Those aren’t names for the penis, that is a prog rock discography.

6 Likes

Some times ago someone (I don’t remember who) posted that at first the design for Hitman 2016 was to give 47 a sort of safehouse (or at least a more involved inventory). They said it was supposed to be in Seoul, in a hangar, in an airport.

Now, the best things I can find is that the ticket in the opening cinematic has Seoul ICN for departure, and that all of the terminal scenes in H2016 looks to take place in the Seoul Incheon Airport (it’s a pretty faithful replica).

So, is there any source ? Or was it just an assumption.

9 Likes

My only knowledge of that is from the Alpha, where the menu has this:

But sadly the menu requires an online connection to load and we’ve never tried bypassing it, so we’ve never seen what this actually was,

All I know is that 47 is stuck in a box so that he doesn’t fall in the void, but it seems like a camera will move when the loadout is activated,
so I guess you wouldn’t control 47 in a hangar, but the camera could move into a room resembling the one with the lit table with all the gear on it, and that’s how you’d select your stuffs, which is pretty much what they did for Freelancer :joy:

Reference/reminder:

5 Likes

Thanks @Luiluix.

It’s by looking back at the Freelancer reveal, and this exact part, that I remembered reading about it. I wouldn’t even be surprised if the Freelancer menu is based on H2016 work and code.
I was thinking about this exact layout for the “more involved inventory”.

Same thing with the merces, which were explored in H2.

Between them, the Molotov, and the Bubble gum, I think it’s pretty obvious that the Hitman Team had a long look at the stack of unused content they must have amassed along the years. It makes sense rentability wise.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m happy that they’re finally implementing features they were trying to add way back then even if it’s just for Freelancer, it shows that they’re still very dedicated to their craft, and who knows maybe the next Hitman may have those as core mechanics

6 Likes

I’ve often been to the airport as I live and work in Korea. I have to say that they did an excellent job in replicating the airport. Let’s hope they make a map of it as it would be a lot of fun; the airport and Grand Hyatt across the way.

2 Likes

@Accidental_Kills98

I say yer reply on my artwork and I was wondering why Tim Drake and Jason Todd weren’t yer favorite batman characters? As I really like them, Tim a bit more than Jason but still.

1 Like