Ask HMF anything

noo you’re fulfilling the prophesy :weary:

4 Likes

Remember me to award you a Medal for being the only PC Gamer that isn’t a whiny bitch, if we ever meet in person :heart:

9 Likes

It’s a good thing he managed to escape from the Glorious pc gaming master race, I heard others weren’t as lucky.

2 Likes

:kissing_heart:

12 Likes

Oh I’m still glorious.

5 Likes

Did Clemens say something about being able to switch menu music? I swear I heard him say something like that in the last IO Insider.

He said something like “Just cue your desired track and launch the game. Profit”

6 Likes

Cheeky bastard… :unamused: (Laughing in nexusmods :stuck_out_tongue:)

9 Likes

He was just joking with the chat about how that would be cool. Nothing about adding that to the game (yet?)

2 Likes

We have three sins left until the DLC is complete, (leaks aside) where do you think the final sins will take place?

Gluttony
  • Dubai
  • Dartmoor
  • Berlin
  • Chongqing
  • Mendoza
  • Carpathian Mountains
  • Other (H1 or H2 location)
  • New Location

0 voters

Wrath
  • Dubai
  • Dartmoor
  • Berlin
  • Chongqing
  • Mendoza
  • Carpathian Mountains
  • New Location

0 voters

Envy
  • Dubai
  • Dartmoor
  • Berlin
  • Chongqing
  • Mendoza
  • Carpathian Mountains
  • New Location

0 voters

Additionally, do you have any interesting ideas for what the final location of each could look like? I have quite a wild idea for Wrath if it were in the Carpathian Mountains, the entire backdrop could be replaced with a fire-y, hellish landscape as the badly damaged train rushes down the tracks. It’s not gonna happen but I can dream :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Anyone here on the forum who knows the name of the Restaurant found in Chongqing? I’m unable to read Chinese, I want to use the name in a Contracts as a homage to ‘The Massacre at Cheung Chau Fish Restaurant’. Sadly my limited experience (non whatsoever) with Chinese isn’t of much help.

@YellowZR1 correct me if I’m wrong, but are you able to translate the name into something I can use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 Likes

For those who chose “new locations” on any of the sins, what’s your reasoning? I am genuinely interested with this.

3 Likes

Yes, absolutely. The restaurant is called “红龙餐厅” (Hóng lóng cāntīng). The direct translation will be “Red Dragon Restaurant”, since “红” simply means “red”, while “龙” (or 龍 in Traditional Chinese) means “dragon.” It’s a pretty reasonable name, both the color red and the legendary animal dragon are a symbolization of fortune, luck, and auspiciousness in Chinese. The rest of the words also simply means “restaurant”. And that’s it. There you go.

19 Likes

Thank you very much, now i’ll just have to figure out if I go with ‘Hóng lóng cāntīng’ or ‘Red Dragon Resturant’.

Edit: It seems I have to go with the Contracts name instead, the original title is far to long to fit the restaurant name.

Here are some name options, that plays of the mission.

• The Red Dragon Restaurant Massacre
  • The Hóng lóng cāntīng Massacre
  • The Dumpling Massacre

0 voters

4 Likes

How about “The Hóng Lóng Restaurant Massacre”? That way you can stick with the original naming method, while also not confusing non-Chinese speakers. :wink:

6 Likes

That’s an good idea, it’s part of a little Contracts story I’m telling, I’ll be posting this one as well in the Contracts player thread.

4 Likes

Could you drop the The fish and Restaurant? Or maybe run RedDragonReasturant together?

“Massacre at the Red Dragon” or “Massacre at the RedDragonRestaurant”

I think most people would make the connection.

2 Likes

Yes I could, however it’s already made and I choose to go with The Hóng Lóng Restaurant Massacre. The connection to past game is still obvious.

2 Likes

I have no clue what restaurants you guys talking about

5 Likes

Something something Codename 47.

7 Likes