Ask HMF anything

Is there a consistent way of doing the gun lure?
I have a 20% success rate, the person either sees that the gun is mine, or they will still go tell a nearby guard even though I have picked it up.

1 Like

I think you can use this tutorial as a reference

5 Likes

@Count.Rushmore’s video is excellent. All I’d add is to grab the gun just as the NPC is about the enter the animation where they turn to start walking away. If you do it before that animation begins or too late, then they’ll just head off to report it.

I suggest you find a good spot in a main mission so you can save just before you attempt it. Try it out and regardless of it working or not working you can reload the game at that point and try again to perfect the method.

4 Likes

Anyone around here playing MGSV with mods? Is the current version of Snakebite from March working ok with the last update of the game that came the same month a day or two later?

I had to reinstall my game around then cause my Steam launcher got bugged and have been playing vanilla since then, but I really miss my camo (and other) mods… :weary: Been waiting for a SB update but since that one hasn’t arrived, I’m guessing I should go with the one available?

What does the forum think of Masterclass? Is it an actual learning platform with good (maybe even great) courses or is it just too good to be true?

I spent some more time looking at other people’s experiences and it looks like most courses are for someone who already has an understanding of what the courses are teaching, so not for learning fundamentals (“Master” Class, how have I not payed attention to this).

3 Likes

A few years back I watched the deadmau5 masterclass. It was decent, especially because I was still pretty new to music production, but I wouldn’t really say its completely worth it if you’re only going to do one course.

3 Likes

Here’s an odd one:
Weren’t their names the complete other way? Zoe was the one with the bowl cut, Sophia was the short-haired, right?
Right?!

1 Like

The wikia disagrees:
!
I don’t think the names swapped.

1 Like

I guess this is a case of “The Mandela Effect”.

7 Likes

(HITMAN 3: Seven Deadly Sins (NEW DLC) - #1243 by Urben)

If Wrath isn’t in the Carpathians or some other map, a fully ablazed, sirens flashing and alarm sounding ICA facility would be very nice. Bonus points if we get access to a new area or two.

7 Likes

I wrote there that the Envy sin would have fitted, but Wrath could fit well if we witness an Interpol raid on the ICA facility after the exposing leaks. Burning them down surely was done partially out of wrath.

2 Likes

I haven’t bought the 7 deadly sins yet but a new level would do it.

A well done ICA facility level would be good enough.

4 Likes

My First Take on Crowd NPCs for my Project. Let me know what you think about them.
I wasn’t sure what to add for the Indian Tourist, so I’m open for Ideas.

7 Likes

I stumbled upon something while I was playing Prey 2006

Hey @Norseman, is this your pick up line? :grin:

“He’ bebe! Wanna get Norse-ty tonight? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)”

10 Likes

Mine is obvious, “Ride my Longship tonight”.

11 Likes

I was looking at my stats for H3 on Xbox yesterday and noticed that it has me down as completing 70 escalations. This seemed curious because I’ve checked and there are only 69 in game so far: 18 on H2016 maps, 33 on H2 maps, and 18 on H3 maps; this includes the DLC escalations. I could see that @Crewdy had 69 completed, which makes sense because he, like a few of us, is a completionist. However, even more curious is that @TheCasualHitman and @linux_penguin has completed 71 escalations. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here?

3 Likes

Are you counting ICA Facility? That’s got two.

Maybe it’s taken into account the Mills Reverie, not currently available on H3, and… some other escalation that isn’t there?

2 Likes

Yes, I counted the ICA facility / yacht (The einarsson Inception and The Snorasson Ascension) in H2016 maps / destinations. The strange thing is that I’ve got 100% in every destination, so I can’t see what is missing. I’ve even cross referenced what I can see in-game with Hitman Wiki Escalation Contracts and there only seem to be 69 escalations to play in H3, yet I have apparently completed 70. By the way, I’m getting the number 70 from Xbox’s own achievements / statistics section. It’s customised by the game developer for each game, but it tells you how long you’ve played a game and, in the case of Hitman, it has number of escalations, 5 star ratings, elusive target assassinations, and so on.

Is it possible that @TheCasualHitman or @linux_penguin, who both have completed 71 escalations, have played the Mills Reverie (Halloween escalation) or something extra? Maybe we’ve discovered some insiders and they can’t say. :wink:

1 Like

No, I haven’t played anything modded. Perhaps one of the escalations can be repeated several times and will up the statistic, IOI do like their bugs.

2 Likes

I like to be at 100%, so when H3 was released I saw that I had to replay all the escalations so I started with the ICA facility and played all the escalations. Then, when new ones were released I played them as well. I did the same with featured contracts.

2 Likes