Berlin Egg Hunt | Permanent Event

That’s a different thread. go here.

2 Likes

there are big colorful eggs you can shoot. the one by the truck next to the biker hangout has a red egg

also noticed you can roam the roof of the club and the biker hangout. wonder whether that’s somehow relevant for something :thinking:

2 Likes

I cracked up when I read the first eggs description, but when I threw a different egg, I was very surprised!

Also, I’m not sure if it’s always here, but I found a battle axe buried in the dirt. (By the small pond)

2 Likes

That sick f… bastard is gone. :laughing:

And a new suit.

2 Likes

That was pretty good. I think it being an escalation is weird, I hope IO don’t just make escalations for H3. The first and second levels start with openings like a mission would so I’m wondering if they originally wanted it to be a mission but couldn’t come up with a good target so reworked it.

I think the gimmick’s were really good and after a couple of tries at a perfect run it’s great to finally kill that bunny bastard. I was going to complain about him being annoying sounding but that was clearly IO’s intention.

I didn’t notice until level 3 that the club was closed off completely but it makes sense to focus on the areas that were sort of barren in the original map. With the new dialogue and look I wish the special assignments changed this much.

I think the only problem with it barring the targets being kind of easy is the lack of starting locations and multiple exits. Other than that pretty solid, not as good as Holiday Hoarders but better than the special assignments, Snow Festival and the Proloff Parable.

3 Likes

Wow, right at the beginning and I hate this escalation so much. It is a perfect example why the ability to save freely and always is the most important priority no 1 in the Hitman series.

The escalation, at least the first one (I won’t even try the others), begins very slow. I like it, great atmosphere, builds tension. After a veeery looooong intro sequence you get a target. I tried something, I failed, I ran away and I got shot.

New try? I guess you can skip the intro just like in the final mission of the main game. I started it, I was standing at the very beginning, the sloooooow endless intro all over again.
NO F♥CKING WAY!

How do you take all fun out of experimenting and plaing around? By simply punising every mistake with several minutes of forced repetition.

IO - give us the option to save in escalations and seasonal events! Soley the fact that I have to replay escalations all over again, epcifically this one, changed my evening from buying your 7-sins-DLC pack (which I wanted to start after I finished the timed event) to playing something else.

Jesus I cannot believe it :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I don’t mind not saving necessarily but it would be nice to have a master mode style of 1 save per escalation. Some of the levels are long.

4 Likes

exactly. There might be people wanting the challenge, but this game is so much waiting and looping around that a complete restart at every mistake is simply unbearable.

Excuse me, how exactly did you manage to get the one sniper I crave for since Hantu Port?

1 Like

Yeah this was really good, each level was unique, some fun new items and offered fair bit of challenge at the end. Though I wish auto-aim wasn’t on those eggs. Plus really good use of the outside area.

Hope to see more like this.

1 Like

Really enjoyed this, better than I expected. This has the same level of effort put into it as Holiday Hoarders, it’s just an escalation instead of a mission. As seen above a lot of people aren’t into that, but judging by the 7 Deadly Sins stuff IOI seem to be all in on escalations and probably have player data that influenced that decision.

I get that people hate not being able to save… I kinda hate not being able to save!.. but usually escalations are quick tries and retries, which makes it no big deal. Maybe some of this one is a little too long, and maybe the same for Greed. I agree one save would be cool, like master mode.

Anyway, really enjoyed figuring level three out. I wanted to save a red egg for the white rabbit so I kept luring the guy near the bar into weird areas until I finally got him without being noticed. Green eggs helped with the guards. Fun stuff, should be permanent though, not a limited time thing. I assume they think it will get people to buy before it goes away, and they’ll bring it back next year permanently, but it feels kinda lame.

2 Likes

I, uh, it was okay, I guess? Not anything special, and was honestly pretty short for event, but gimmick was good, altough it was ruined by eggs which trivilized everything. Last part was blast, chasing rabbit into forrest full of agents from main mission was amusing, too bad you can’t kill them as optional targets.

Exactly that is the problem. They really lowered the seasonal event to nothing but an escalation. What a huge disappointment. No challenges, no free map, hard instant fail triggers, no saving. They made some of the best content, themed bonus missions, into some of the worst. I’m really depressed because this is the first time the new trilogy has really deeply disappointed me. Not only or specifically because of this event but because of the innuendo, because we now have to fear that this is the future of Hitman content. Which, sadly, the first DLC already shows. 5 bucks for an escalation.

10 Likes

Escalations with a lot more effort put behind them though, compared to earlier ones. But yes I understand some people aren’t that into escalations, so this is a disappointment. I would prefer missions as well, even though I like escalations too.

As I said though, they track everything we do because it’s always online, and they must have data that makes them want to focus on escalations. Considering the effort put in here, there’s no reason to choose making it an escalation rather than a mission unless they thought players would want that.

3 Likes

evidently they thought wrong lmao

4 Likes

…oooooooor it is just easier to make a strict mission instead of a more open map with different challenges, the abiloty to chose starting location and gear etc.
In other words: Less work needed, also this lesser work as a more expensive DLC. It’s grim, and I really love iO and the Hitman series!

2 Likes

YOO HOO! You can’t catch me

2 Likes

Not played it yet but already a little disappointed the suit unlock doesn’t feature the rabbit mask.

I bet the escalation itself will be enjoyable, since my expectations are low.

5 Likes

You don’t rave in a thick coat and gloves?

5 Likes

Nah dawg. Thats my funeral outfit :sunglasses:

1 Like