Chile, A VINTAGE YEAR (Mission #1) - Discussion Thread

Sometimes, you won’t be able to poison the cocaine. It actually shouldn’t be a huge problem, since his bodyguard sometimes won’t follow him in here. You should be able to stick him and dump him into the bin in back.

So maybe its probably just buggy a lot of times.

3 Likes

I wonder how Agent 47 and all the tourists even went to the Colchagua Valley vineyard. There is no way to enter other then by sea plane

3 Likes

All the guests parachute in. Only answer that makes sense.

They disposed of the parachutes moments before the mission started as well.

4 Likes

On PS4, I was never be able to poison his drug.

1 Like

Grabbed version 1.2 from GoG and it doesn’t seem to let me poison his coke, but I too remember being able to do it (PS2). Perhaps it was changed or bugged in the later versions?

@MozFran
Here is the answer you’re looking for:

2 Likes

It always bugged me that the level looks nothing like the Colchagua Valley or even any sort of Chilean winegrowing region at all. No grapevines in sight and no cocoa plants either.

2 Likes

It is assumed that somewhere nearby there are vineyards.
There are a lot of conventions in the game in general.

From them all, a Vintage Year wasn’t the best. It’s a house in the middle of a forest on a cliff. I have seen no Vines yet everyone is drinking wine. There’s is very little interactive in the main garden, even if you could poison drinks etc without getting caught. On top of it, 47 the only person on tour with a suit and tie. Wouldn’t they notice his absence quicker than others? For a game that’s tricky and often underestimated, that level had little to offer.

1 Like

I hate this guy

:stuck_out_tongue:

Can I link my video walkthroughs in these BM mission discussion threads :stuck_out_tongue:

I know someone else asked this but how do the people get to the Vineyard if 47 had to take a seaplane to get there?

47 took the seaplane out of the mission not into it.

1 Like

So how did everyone arrive there?

It’s either an oversight from the level designers or it was their choice not to design an unaccessible road through the mountains that leads to the villa just for eye candy. Game was released on the PS2 so they had to simplify things because of technical limitations.

3 Likes

In Codename 47 there was South American representation.

3 Likes

By helicopter probably

Game literally explains it in the mission brief: The ICA booked him into a tour group that was heading to the estate from Santiago, he was bused up there with viti-tourists and day trippers.

I think he means bc there aren’t any roads leading up to the estate.

Ah well that is because the level design vis-a-vis the visuals sucks. Also my biggest pet peeve is that there absolutely no grape vines to be seen and the geography isn’t even remotely close to the real life area.

3 Likes