Chile, A VINTAGE YEAR (Mission #1) - Discussion Thread

I never noticed there are no grapes :joy:

3 Likes

There is no roads to make the seaplane the only way to escape.

1 Like

Did BM levels have multiple exits or only one per map? I think only one, maybe you just hit the nail on the head. They didn’t put roads in in order to force the player to make it to the sea plane? Either way it’s hard to believe there wouldn’t be a way to get up there by truck seeing as there are trucks on the grounds. I think it’s just an oversight or intentional omission.

2 Likes

IIRC there´s only one per map, with the exception of You Better Watch Out which has two (the boat and helicopter).

Yeah, most likely it´s one of these. Though why the would omit an access road (even one blocked by a gate or something) still bugs me, even if it was due to console limitations… And like AK mentions, the place looks nothing like the real area (but at least they somewhat ´fixed´ that in the Legacy cinematic in H1 :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I knew there was at least one with multiple exits! Now I’m trying to rack my brain and think of other legacy missions with two exits. I think Anathema has the main exit or you could go back up the hill and 47 would climb over a fence but I could just be making that up. It’s been a while. Escape from Asylum in Contracts for sure had two.

3 Likes

That would be correct, but the “up the hill” exit is actually the main one, with the car exit being the optional :slight_smile:

Others I can think of off the top of my head are Shogun Showdown (either by helicopter or via the castle entrance), The Lee Hong Assassination in Contracts (street exit or speedboat - not sure if C47 also had the street exit…), and Deadly Cargo (street exit or helicopter).

1 Like

There is also a funy easter eg on this level:

kostenlos bilder hoch laden

2 Likes

TILL DEATH DO US PART has also a second exit.

4 Likes

Ah, right, the priest’s boat! I had a feeling I forgot something…

3 Likes

Impossible for me to get SA on this map because 47 gets stuck going down the alcove to the exit of the map. At least on the Steam version, haven’t found a way to fix this so I don’t mind settling with ‘Professional’ and taking the elevator with a disguise (Suit is considered ‘evidence’ in BM so if you don’t leave w/o it you lose the SA rating).

Enable V-sync or cap your frames to 60 using RivaTuner :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You could try just running through the drug lab with a suit. If I recall, trespassing, and even them opening fire on you doesn’t negate SA; just as long as they don’t see you do anything illegal like kill anyone or brandishing weapons

@EvilGeniusRo That worked, thanks! My monitor is 120 hz (just how I like it!) and 47 gets stuck for like 1 second and he then squeezes by.

Ok, now that that’s sorted out, here’s my strat.

No firearms necessary. Immediately turn right and follow guard, sneak until around the corner and then rush him with sedative in hand. Once sedated grab his uniform and run inside main building. Wait for guard to start walking down stairs and then plant bomb. Keep bumping into guard so he faces you and it stalls him from heading back up stairs. When Manuel walks into corner below the rope lift and stops detonate bomb immediately! There is a brief window before tourists start flooding in the main entry way.

Once Manuel is taken care of, run through secret barrel room and grab worker outfit if you want, run through cocaine lab past elevator and into doorway that leads upstairs. Carefully sedate elite guard that patrols that area and take his uniform. Head to second floor to corridor where two guards patrol, carefully pick the lock at moment when nobody can see you and into room where Delgado plays cello. Either poison him, choke him, or shoot him point blank it does not matter.

Head back to your suit, change into it, and run down the alcove towards the plane and exit, though make sure your frames per second is not too high or you will get stuck. :wink:

1 Like

Going to places where you not belon is also illegal, so you will not get SA raiting.

Actually,trespassing isn’t an instant crime in Hitman Blood Money(with some exceptions).It only becomes a crime once the guards start shooting at you and/or the suspicion meter goes red.
If you’re in the suit,then trespassing isn’t even a crime at all,so guards can even start shooting at you and you won’t lose the SA rating(as long as you don’t do any other illegal actions in front of NPCs,of course).

1 Like

Hiding in a closet and waiting for things to cool down is advisable. However if anyone saw you enter the closet or a guard eventually discovered you hiding there, then all bets are off on getting SA. And yes in Blood Money if a guard remains in full hunting mode long enough, they will eventually discover 47 hiding in the closet. Similarly they also can suddenly know exactly where 47 is if he managed to slip elsewhere on the map.

they said until hitman 2, meaning there were no South American levels until hitman 2 since blood money

No unfortunately C47 had no street exit, which made that level one of the hardest.

2 Likes

You don’t need a street exit since the mission is designed in such a way to always eliminate Lee Hong in his mansion which has a level exit just below it. I think the only time a street exit would be beneficial is if you snipe Lee Hong from the rooftop when he’s at the restaurant but I never tried that and neither most C47 players, except @MrOchoa :stuck_out_tongue: I guess

3 Likes

I snipe him from the garden, when he’s still at his house unalarmed. A little hard to arrange and aim shake is a bitch, but this method makes you skip all the unnecessary steps with the poison and Tzun. And yeah, one could use a street exit with this strat :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes