Community Featured Contracts - June 2022 "HEAT STROKE"

I would’ve made my contract (Working up a Sweat) harder, but I got advice from a forum member a while back that the contracts I was submitting were often too difficult to get reliably picked. In terms of skill, I’m probably a fair bit above your average player, so I’ve learned to remind myself that just because a contract is easy for me, that doesn’t mean it will be easy for your typical player. I tend to dial them back a bit in terms of difficulty as a result, but it can be tricky to gauge if I’ve ended up making it too simple.

3 Likes

17 second improvement :slight_smile:
Read YT video description for additional commentary on strategies used.

7 Likes

Understandable, but even compared to the others in the batch, this one was quite easy to solve, and managing to complete the contract 2nd try did brought it down for me, still a fun and solid contract, well done.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/1x4Ya5KPiyk

4 Likes

What a contract. I practically had to go through mission story (In)security to lure Marcus somewhere near oil barrel. I know he goes around one if you trigger lockdown with keycards, but there is just so many guards around him it seems impossible to separate him.

2 Likes

Decent batch. I particularly enjoyed Working Up A Sweat.

1 Like

Pretty late on responding to this. I appreciate the feedback. Never been much of a speed runner as it kinda stresses me out. My original play through was something like 23 mins. Gave Omar the EMP and placed a coin at the base of the tree to lure him during his post-nap stroll. Drug Marcus to the barrel while following him to the knife targets. Shot a propane tank in the balcony corner, placed the micro taser and shot Sato with the Seiker. His body absorbed the blast and only knocked a couple other people down. The pace with which speed runners figured out how to complete it has blown my mind. Thanks for the props on the briefing!

4 Likes

Me running to speedrun Heat Rises with the new molotov

2 Likes

Can someone explain what goes wrong?

In the Medical Attention contract, I put a banana on the pool stairs. I lure the target to walk over it, she slips and drowns in the pool.
Yet I’m always getting a body found penalty. Yet both the drowning and the banana should be considered accidental, no?

I’m still very pleased with this strategy, but annoyed it doesn’t grant me an SA rating.

The banana is no SA way to pacify targets, only non targets.
Only the Kalmer and piano bonks pacify targets without ruining the score when found.

7 Likes

Ok wait but @Heisenberg just told me that any tranq will void SA on a target:

And the reason I’d asked is because I could have sworn there were exceptions to this rule.

I can just test this next time I play but I haven’t had much time to play :frowning: … browsing the forum while at work however, now that I can do.

He is mistaken on this detail, however when you drag the body after using the Kalmer that will void SA.

4 Likes

Yep, the same goes with accident and poison kills. As long as the body is moved, even an inch, it will void SA when founded.

3 Likes