Community Featured Contracts - June 2022 "HOT SCOPE"

Just like how I did it for you :sunglasses:

Yes indeed

Thanks for the uh kind words!

I kinda underestimated how much of a deal it is to do that shot with a controller. I say that at someone who tries to not submit contracts that require pistol sniping.
I guess it makes things more bearable that you can miss a shot or two as the map goes haywire anyway once the grenade is hit. Though of course it becomes nearly impossible once the grenade is picked up or dropped at panic.

Sorry to cause that much of frustration, but on the other hand, making a challenging contract on Hawkes Bay is a success in itself. :joy:

3 Likes

I found the key to my success on Xbox was to place both grenades beside each other, that way if one is picked up you still have a window for a kill with the second.

I also found sniping the second guard when he went to investigate after his buddy is killed with the grenade to be more consistent. It may be where I positioned myself, but I found sniping him first would either get the body discovered or the guard had started to return the grenade (again, my placement may not be where you did it during creation).

I love the idea for the contract, it definitely is very Urben-esque. You doppelgƤnger on Haven may have helped in venting frustrations over the weekend. As I would do the killing in campaign, I may need to create a contract to play over and over and overā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

The kindest words I can give are how many times I replayed it. :grin:

It wasnā€™t so much the shot itself for me more how much I drastically underestimated the timing involved leading up to the shot. Like I said, I think Iā€™m above average but I should qualify that with when I want to be. When I have to be I usually end up needed to modify the ā€œexpertā€ level strats somewhat and that was the case here.

It was a good sort of frustrating, the kind that makes me want to do the best I can; a lot of contracts barely make me want to do the optional objectives once.

No arguments there! :rofl:

For a bit I was thinking of doing that but I was bringing my own frag grenade in and didnā€™t have room for the lockpick I was disappointed but not surprised to discover I would need for the upstairs exterior doors. Anyway, I just dropped a gun on the second guyā€™s path; he canā€™t pick up a weapon if he already has one! :wink:

Seconded! Itā€™s just probably significantly above the abilities of a large chunk of the player base. Which, thinking on it, is probably the dictionary definition of ā€œUrben-esqueā€ā€¦ :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Engulfed in a fiery sorrow was pretty fun!

2 Likes

I started in the office, with pistol, sniper, and coins. The hidden armoury has 2 grenades (and lock pick that I never bothered with). Iā€™ll leave you to prepare.

Blockquote

Thatā€™s it, Iā€™m protecting the term. It is now Urben-esqueā„¢. :grin:

2 Likes

I did it that way for awhile but that was when I struggled with timing the most; I only managed to pull things together when starting by the boat (which means I can only open the pool door if I donā€™t bring a lockpick).

The panic room also has a katana, three shuriken and a sieker dart gun, among other things. :joy: I will, however, concede that retrieving and placing both in-level grenades is essentially the same as bringing and placing your own while also planting a gun along other guyā€™s route.

I know exactly where I can shave off a couple minutes but Iā€™m not coordinated enough to do so at the present time so I had to opt for my alternatives. I may go back to try to improve one day though.

I came up with it first! I will see you in court! :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™ll admit that I didnā€™t really like this batch of contracts that much. But I did quite enjoy Engulfed in a Fiery Sorrow. Some good routing on that one.

2 Likes

Thank, @Agent1980, i appreciate your liking to my featured contract.

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment. :slight_smile:

1 Like