Community Featured Contracts - November 25th (Wrath)

my 2nd run

18 Likes

Solid run. At least an explosive duck is used somewhere, so thatā€™s makes that little research a success. Thought it would be too easy, thatā€™s why I added the Required Exit and the Targets Only complications. Sounds like you had quite a good amount of fun there. At least it motivates me to make more contracts.

4 Likes

I believe so too.

Iā€™m glad this was picked @Heepo because I hated your last Berlin one (Crime of Envy IIRC). Still ran it fast but it was just dull, no offense.

You redeemed yourself with this one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congrats to the selected contract makers, and thank you to IOI for finally completing Agent 47ā€™s literal toolbox!

8 Likes

Crime of Envy was quite a quick contract, I tried to make it sort of like an ET where you have to go at it methodically, but idk how well it worked :sweat_smile:
thanks for the compliment on Gunrunnerā€™s Purgatory!

3 Likes

Thanks Clemens. Based off the selections, I had assumed mine was selected based off the story idea and narrative. I greatly appreciate the compliment on the design of the contract.

@Adil15101, @mijlobbetiw - Great runs.

@HowToHitman_YT, I hope you are able to give it another look. When I was creating the contract I knew I wanted the timer to imply the urgency of the story. I had considered No Pacifications, Not Spotted, No Bodies and No Disguise. I try not go to with more than 3 complications. As I wanted the kills to be done in the suit, No Disguise was redundant. Plus with the grape field exit, if someone wants to take Flower or Vegasā€™ disguise to exit, why punish them. I also had a feeling that the targets would have a lot of accidents, and removed the No Bodies. Not Spotted fit the narrative, so I kept it. As for the pacifications, I had it as a complication for my planned envy contract. But as I was developing this one, it really fit the narrative with discretion being needed for Valentinaā€™s escape. I did flirt with the idea of having them instant-fail, to tie in the Wrath to the player, but I am not a fan of that and dropped it. I am looking forward to your play-through video.

@heepo Iā€™ve been away the past couple of days, but will be going through the FCs this weekend. I am looking forward to playing your contact.

12 Likes

i donā€™t think i ever mentioned how I liked your contract!
it was great, I started shrine start and the targets routes just matched up perfectly where I had to make split second decisions. Corvo or Mikhail, or do I get the providence guy talking to his buddy with the seiker?
if I had to make one nitpicky little criticism, I would say a 15 minute optional timer wouldā€™ve been more apt. i finished in around 8 minutes on my first (successful :wink: ) run, and I think it wouldā€™ve added a little pressure with a 15 minute timer. might just be me though. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
one of my favorite featured contracts so far, great work!

1 Like

Just played all of them and here are some thoughts.

Gunrunnerā€™s Purgatory - I never knew it was possible to put propane flasks inside briefcases until I watched a video of this contract after my run. I really took my time and couldnā€™t have imagined how fast the contract could actually be done. Cool one!

The Terminator - I wished it was possible to specify loud weapons in contracts mode, now this one can be done too easily with a silenced weapon. Especially Oakes was more interesting when I did a rerun with an unsilenced shotgun, but it still wasnā€™t too bad. This oneā€™s good for speedruns but Iā€™m not much of a speedrunner myself. :sweat_smile:

A Womanā€™s Scorn - Iā€™m probably in the minority but this one I had most fun with, even though emetics are pretty much required, especially for Wang. The first time I was even able to get Vargas away from others by just shooting at his feet enough times, which I was really happy with. Sadly I couldnā€™t get to Flowers before getting caught, if I only had the screwdriver unlock for the panel. Corvo Black was kinda glitching because when I blew up Kadir with the lamp, he went to panic mode and dropped his phone, after which he didnā€™t move anywhere until he was done talking with Yates, the phone being on a floor far away from him. :joy: On my successful run I pushed both of them over the same railing because somehow Kadir was the one to investigate my coin lure.

Speaking of the screwdriver, weā€™re supposed to have it now? I have done all H3 featured contracts and the challenge is at 66/70.

6 Likes

:woman: 's :corn: Iā€™ve been having to wrap my head around it. The first time getting all targets w/ suit took 48+ minutes and it wasnā€™t even SA (spotted probably and didnā€™t gaf). Then I figured you gotta get close and hear the stories to get things in motion. Now, I guess itā€™s all about the fart boxes and Seikers. :man_facepalming: I wouldā€™ve had 8 minutes SA, but got spotted by the field worker when lethal poking the pointy mustached guy. That was 1 out of maybe 3 other times where it did work.

I gave up when I shot the heater thing and thought Iā€™d get the one herald by the lady herald with an EMP, but she had to light up and blew herself and him up.

At first I didnā€™t like it, but itā€™s not that bad. Just gotta have patienceā€¦ and a bit of luck doesnā€™t hurt either.

4 Likes

@Canucklehead as an Xbox player myself Iā€™ve always loved your contracts.

Everyone knows that I canā€™t stand Mendoza but Iā€™ll play the map if itā€™s a small proximity contract.

I did not like this one at all. The routing is fine, but Vargas and Black are worse than choosing mission targets. Not that difficult to kill/isolate but more of a chore.

I can tell you put a lot of time in it and Iā€™m just trying to provide constructive criticism.

Still love ya Xbox brother :stuck_out_tongue:

(I didnā€™t mean to reply to @Beldingford )

4 Likes

When scrolling over in the Featured Contracts section, there is one in Dubai and another in Dartmoor next the MinnMax ones and two more in the ICA Facility (mission) next to those. There are two more in the ICA Facility, one (called ā€œArrive, Hide, Leaveā€) kind of hidden in with the rest of them a handful of pages over near ā€œGrand Theft Boscoā€ and the last is all the way at the very end. All of these are uncredited (probably by IOI) and all count towards the screwdriver.

4 Likes

Thanks, I had somehow missed the Dartmoor contract and didnā€™t realize the ICA facility ones counted. I had played the Dubai contract however so thereā€™s still one missing for some reason.
EDIT: no thereā€™s not, tired me didnā€™t read the post properly to realize how many hidden ICA facility contracts there were. :joy:

Finally got it, woohoo!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve not actually had chance to try it again so Iā€™ll probably give it another go tomorrow. Iā€™ve got a rough method in my head though.

4 Likes

Thanks man. I really enjoyed your contract as well, and would be my favourite of the other 2 contracts this month. Though I did have fun with the Terminator saying ā€œSarah Connor?ā€ or ā€œJohn Connorā€ before killing the target. :slight_smile: I did originally consider a 15-minute timer while developing the contract and playing around with different kill methods, but decided go for 20 for a little buffer as my setup runs were about 10-minutes, although it took me a couple of minutes to get to the shrine to hid and wait for the timer, I decided to add 5 more minutes.

@Beldingford thanks. Just an FYI, I did not use an emetic on Wang on my final creation play (he was explosive on the dance floor). But you are right, at least one emetic is needed, my only self criticism. I made sure there was multiple ways to kill the targets, but couldnā€™t get away from doing a run without an emetic, typically the Sieker.

@Tetrafish_21 thanks. That was one thing I noticed, how targets would move with conversations or situations. I really noticed this with Vargas if you triggered Corvo, you can get Vargas outside the vineyard if you donā€™t trigger Corvoā€™s phone call. Itā€™s also why I made Corvo the first target, to obscure that fact.

@ColdDayInHell I knew you werenā€™t big on the map and my submission during the submission phase. And I will agree, Mendoza is my least favourite map for H3. I was hesitant in choosing Black initially, but when I noticed his script affected Vargas, I had to keep him (you will notice his inclusion is last in the briefing and basic). Itā€™s also why I refused to include Yates despite being the focus of the contract, mission targets are lazy (although there is the odd contract where it works) and in this case would be clichĆ©. Unfortunately, I knew I had a good idea and it obviously paid off. But like any contract, there will be fans and those who donā€™t like it. At least it isnā€™t Fall Preview 2022. :laughing:

9 Likes

Iā€™ve finally got around to playing A Womanā€™s Scorn properly! I enjoyed it, however I really hate the no pacifications complication. Despite that, it did make the contract more challenging.

I managed to complete it in 5:35 with an SASO rating, and I am 4th on the leaderboard.

6 Likes

Nicely done, Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it.

2 Likes
1 Like

Played The Terminator

Pros:

• Civilian area of Chongqing is great, good to have a contract there. Laundromate is reasonable and underused too

Cons:

• Targets way too easy. 3/4 are secluded by themselves and in front of a body dump. I SAā€™d it on very first attempt, and Iā€™m not even that good at the game.
3 Likes

Thatā€™s the biggest lie I have heard all year, and I have a 7 year old with an active imagination. :wink:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been catching up on some older contracts and finally spent some initially frustrating, ultimately gratifying time with A Womanā€™s Scorn. The praise for it here is well deserved.

I have not watched any other runs and do not know how much or how little Iā€™m repeating whatā€™s already been done. This video is the end result of me having a literal relationship with a contract, complete with emotional ups and downs, and puzzling it out over a good gaming session. I donā€™t usually love 5-target contracts but this is easily one of my favorites in a long while.

Additionally, I got two really great bonus moments out of this run: a beautiful Double Kill at 4:21 and a rare, fleeting glance at Mini Briefcase at 6:40.

5 Likes