Community Featured Contracts - October 21st (Envy)

Pretty good batch. Mirror Match in particular is fantastic.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t tried it yet but I already agree.

These types only suck when you need to tranq them, take disguise, wait, kill them. Etc.

Using existing disguises in the map is great.

I think @Vivā€™s contracts werenā€™t picked because IOI have used them a few times before. She makes excellent contracts (one of my least favorite map, Shitdoza too)

What do you mean by that?

4 Likes

Just kill her before she fall down on the ground.So you had to take shot quickly.

1 Like

#1 on Xbox on all 3.

Someone beat me pls.

STRONGARMGANKDu?

@Crewdy @III_Ed_B_III :rofl:

Great batch everyone. The Chongqing one was brilliant.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed these contracts! Very puzzle-y, my favorite kind.

3 Likes

i havent played the other contracts, but iā€™m glad everyones enjoying them!

1 Like

I donā€™t normally respond to this type of post, but this is absolutely not true, and any half-decent contract creator will tell you the same thing.

With Conan = Shinichi and Mirror Match any starting location is a viable option for a decent SA run and there is no restrictions on the kill order. The only way they could be less linear is if they were Any/Any and then they wouldnā€™t be nearly as good as they are.

Mirror Match has no pacifications so that you canā€™t simply KO each target and kill them with their own disguise. Sounds to me like you simply donā€™t want to engage and work out the puzzle element of them, which is fine, but to say they are bad simply because of that is ignorant.

@Deimatic, @Hamushi and @Heepo have done a great job with making these contracts fun and engaging, and as another user stated, Iā€™m sure they would all be happy to hear constructive criticism as opposed to simply ā€œthese are bad because I donā€™t like this complicationā€.

I need to put more time in to them, I will try again when Iā€™m back fully on Monday :rofl:

6 Likes

finished all the other contracts, this pool was great! good work everyone

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed that for Hitman 3 featured contracts, nobody has ever been featured more than once. Is this a coincidence or are they actively trying to not pick the same creators twice? If so, thereā€™s not really much point in me making a contract for Wrath since I already got picked for Lust. Same goes for the other chosen creators.

2 Likes

There are no set rules of not getting Featured twice. We look at the contract, its content, and not who created it. And actually for this batch, I didnā€™t share the creators names with the 3 devs. And we ended up with the same creator twice :smiley:

The only rule is, that we donā€™t feature the same creator twice in one batch :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Out of curiosity, can you say what the other contract was that couldnā€™t be put it in? If no reply - Iā€™ll assume ā€˜Noā€™. :sweat_smile:

Edit: Or did I miss it in the livestream? :thinking:

1 Like

The ā€œno pacificationā€ objective is one of my favorite requirements. It really brings us back to the older Hitman games where NPCā€™s couldnā€™t just be removed without punishment, either by lowering your score, by using up limited sedative products or by having them wake up after a while. Pacifications in the new Hitman games make it easy, with all the hiding spots, pacification tools and indefinite time of unconsciousness. They allow you to simply remove puzzle elements instead of being really challenged by them. This limitation prevents that and is old school in that sense. Love it.

The introduction of all the emetic tools, which have become an easy way to get rid of pesky NPCā€™s without pacifying them or a quick way to isolate your targets, did make many of the no pacification contracts just ā€œbring all your emeticsā€-contracts though, so thatā€™s a pity.

6 Likes

Ha, thatā€™s actually a smart idea.

I enjoyed all 3. Especially Chongqing.

Pistol eliminations in bathroom stalls can provide some RNG but practice makes perfect :wink:

Yeah sure, It was Johan, he really liked ā€œGreen Withā€¦ā€ Contract ID 1-33-7692462-89. He really likes Dartmoor :wink:

7 Likes

Nice to see you didnā€™t mention me there :grin:
I think youā€™re a pro speedrunner too, CDIH.

1 Like

you dont wanna understand me, ok, you can be SJW of this forum.

i really miss 2016 vibe of this forumā€¦

now i really understand why all speedrunners and hardcore players leftā€¦

2 Likes

He understood what you said. He was pointing out that you disliking something doesnā€™t objectively make it bad. I generally dislike Sniper contracts, but Iā€™m not just going to immediately dismiss them as bad; it just means that I personally donā€™t enjoy them. Itā€™s pretty childish and close-minded of you assume that everything needs to conform to your own tastes. If you donā€™t enjoy a particular kind of contract, then donā€™t play it. Not everything is specifically tailored towards you.

If you think thereā€™s something wrong with these contracts or thereā€™s something that could be improved; then constructive criticism is always welcome. Itā€™s certainly more welcome (and more productive) than the ranting and childish name-calling youā€™re engaging in right now. The fact that you equate people trying to maintain basic civility here with speedrunners leaving is frankly very infantile. Iā€™d advise you self-reflect before you start blaming people.

6 Likes

Your statement was: ā€œNo Pacifications make your contract badā€.

That statement is at least questionable, others likely have a different and more differentiated opinion.

Crewdy gave you one such opinion. With elaborated explainations. Unlike you. And saying your statement is ā€œabsolutely not trueā€ is justified, as with being one who likes No Pacifications in certain situations, the generalized statement of yours is proven wrong. Contracts which forbid pacifications canā€™t be ā€œbadā€ in general if not every possible player agrees with you.

If you think having a different opinion than you makes this place not enjoyable, you donā€™t have to be here. But I am pretty sure 2016 people were allowed to have their own opinions as well.

15 Likes

Aw, I forgot to tag you too though. I saw you right near the top :heart:

There is a 2 minute+ gap between me and the #2 on Chongqing. I think people are struggling with that one. Well, as of last night anyway.

2 Likes

Hah, cool coincidence. Iā€™m glad conan=shinichi got picked over green withā€¦, it is a better contract :grin:

1 Like