Community Trials 2.0 (€40 in prizes)

I knew Hitmanist would have something crazy up his sleeve, GGs.

Here’s my 2:15 run that I submitted last week

The Strat

I’ve thought about starting to explain my runs for certain contracts that I enjoy really much, like this one. So here we go.

Below is an explaination of my strat for the three target. I’ll go through why I do some things in my run, while also giving my thought process of changing strats mid-run to make the run faster.
Recommended to watch the video first and then read the text below, as it would make things that I’ve written more clear.


Starting location (Meeting Room) is an obvious one, the starting location that starts you right next to the first target, and with the right disguise being worn.

The first target (Security Guard) was of course the most simple one. Here I KOed the Security Guard, then shot the target, only thing to look out for is to not shoot the body of the target because that would make the two NPCs in the room to the right hear the shot.
I didn’t change my strat for this target as it’s the most obvious one to go with for me, it’s fast and it doesn’t require me to hide any of the two bodies.

I went up, grabbed a Wine Bottle, and put Marcus into a target lockdown since his timing would mean that I wouldn’t be able to kill the second target. This would also help me kill the second target without anyone finding him, as it would get rid of the Security Guard that stands in the entrance of the Maintenance Staircase.

Now to the second target (Elite Guard). Since we had to go below the helipad to grab the helicopter keys, an easy kill would be to just shoot the Elite Guard from below the helipad. But that would mean I had to find a disguise from another NPC, which I could’ve taken from near the server rack room, but I didn’t like that since Ingram’s guard could spot me changing disguise.
So I decided to make the second target come to me instead with three bullet shots. This would make him come to the location I’m at, which to my favour he ran through the Maintenance Staircase (hence why I had to panic Stuyvesant otherwise he would be near the Maintenance Staircase), and I could also take the Elite Guard disguise from the target.
I didn’t have to hide the body since no one was going to go through the area for about 40 seconds after I make the exit, so it was very safe.

This is also where I could KO a target with a Wine Bottle, so I had that objective done, which would save me time for the third target.

With the last target the (Chef), I knew I had to save some time on him since the first two kills are fairly simple and can be done fast.
At first I killed him on the spot, which required me to KO the Server, distract the Elite Guard next to the Chef, and then make sure to distract the Elite Guard that’s outside who’ll be able to see the Chef. This would only be fast if the Chef was not near the stove or his water bottle, he had to be behind the counter that would block the view from the Elite Guard that can see him from outside.

I didn’t like that strat on the chef, so I came up with a new strat.
I could panic the Server, which would then make the Chef investigate the panic. This strat was faster than the previous mentioned, so I stuck with it, as I could do everything from the room behind the kitchen.
It’s a very simple strat for the Chef once you figure out that you can make him come inside the room behind the Kitchen by having the Server be panicked.

That’s the targets down, head to the Helicopter exit and call it a day.
The final strat took me some time to figure out, since I had to take note of how to not have the second targets body get found (fortunately it only required me to panic Stuyvensant), and I also changed the strat for the last target since it caused issues depending on where the Chef stood.


*Note that the strat for the second target doesn’t work anymore after the update, the second target will now run through the Office Staircase instead of the Maintenance Staircase. I’ve talked more about that here https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/community-trials-2-0-40-in-prizes/8056/125­­

9 Likes

Tbh, i had a really consistent chef kill basically in the same way which was a really good time (2:06 or so), btw i knew HITMANIST had 2:04 so i got a 2:03 strat which i never did, after that i took a week break of HITMAN and yesterday i came back with this strat, i was scared because i saw helpwhite with 1:59 so i decided to avoid last second surprises snipes and got a 1:58 :ritolarge:

9 Likes

I think you’re the winner, Nacho
helpwhite played this contract on his live stream but he didn’t follow the additional complications cuz he didn’t know this event

4 Likes

@GreekAgent nice use of the striker. Those were some really clean Kalmer shots near the end, and I totally forgot that Breaching charges have that tiiiny area of lethality.

@nmokey speedy run. Some really close call with Kalming the first Penthouse guard.

@IlikeHitman how the first target doesn’t immediately become suspicious of your for throwing a banana at his friend, I’ll never know (unless that’s just how it works, which is weird and cool). Nice strat.

@HITMANIST Wh-wh-what?? How in the world did you figure out shooting the ceiling near the stairs would lure down the one penthouse guard to be able to take his disguise? Wowwwie.

@Ibbe damn. Very smart use of the Magnesium pouch to cause a lockdown, keeping NPCs out of the area where you kill target #2. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone use that or the Shaman Powder legitimately after IO introduced that unlock.

@Nachito AAHHHH that was extremely fast! Great use of the lure on Target #2 as well, and whattt was with that last bit with the chef!! That accuracy! That shot distraction! HOLY COW


This is super cool. I’m really learning a lot about using NPCs panic as a distraction for other people.
And to all of you who’ve killed Target #1 with the SMG, how?? I assumed it was something easier for PC users, since I’m sure the increased framerate adds to control responsiveness, but then I see some Playstation users do it too, at the normal 30-60fps. Maybe I don’t quite have the hang of it, but I tried it a good dozen times or so and the guard in the adjacent room always comes to investigate. (Either that, or the door behind doesn’t perfectly close or the SMG takes forever to unholster.)
[Though, doesn’t PC have the benefit of some actions requiring a Tap instead of a Hold action? Like a neck snap or picking up items. :thinking:]

This is rad

8 Likes

Gotta a) headshot the guy (bodyshots make noise that others will investigate) and b) before he yells “EAT IT”

I find the quick throw trick helps because it gives you more time to unholster and shoot him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is that where you spam the crouch button while throwing?

2 Likes

yep, that’s the one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Second one down, was a lot of great fun. A big thanks to @Khakiasp for creating this week’s trial. A generally cool guy and also an interesting content maker (especialy his contract reviews). Check him out on youtube

Without further ado, here’s the results


Highest Scorer (€30)

A bit of a dark horse coming out of nowhere was @Nachito who crushed it with a phenomenal 1:58 SA (194,228 and the legendary sub 2 :hushed:). Perhaps unsurprisingly another Speedrun Discord veteran. Have a watch of their fantastic run here

Also a special mention to @HITMANIST who had an incredible run put was narrowly pipped at the post. Check out they run here https://youtu.be/O1tyxsfi5Kc


Random Run (€10)

As you maybe know after every Trial RNG is going to pick a contestant a who’s completed the trial to win a prize as well. ZeroGrav got picked last time but couldn’t except the prize so it’s rolled over to double winners today

@easoneastin and @nmokey, congrats! nmonkey has already submitted a (great) run, so check that out

Eason has submitted a score but not a vid, so I’ll just check that with them


I’ll DM all about prizes

Once again a massive thanks to everyone that’s participated and been interested in this :green_heart: another trial coming later today

13 Likes

Now, the next Trial, by our very own @GlogolZ. I think one is gonna be fun :wink:


Community Trial #3: Chameleon Challenge (April 05 - 15)

If you're confused by any of the conditions feel free to ask. But here's a longer explanation

Please read the objectives above and rules in the original post carefully before submitting any runs


For Recreation

Also I’ve seen a lot of people cropping the Trial pic to try and get a thumbnail, so I just made one to save yous the hassle :stuck_out_tongue: (1920x1080)

15 Likes

Recreated for PC: 1-02-0391940-62.
Like this contract already. There are some great routes possible!

4 Likes

Oh nice, was about to do that but even better.
I have one question tho, in the Picture, it says: “Only targets can be neutralized”, but in the description, it says "eliminated". I would assume it’s neutralized, meaning no KO besides Targets, because otherwise, it wouldn’t have any purpose?

6 Likes

No, it means eliminate. Glogol just wanted it to be neutralise :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but that was borderline masochistic, so it does mean eliminate, you can KO anyone

4 Likes

Thanks for yet another promising Trial !!! Keep it up Agents !!! [Gun Runner] seems tough already :stuck_out_tongue: [Stylish] complication offers many possibilities !!!

I got one question already :smiley: .When it says “another target’s disguise” , is it required that we actually change into the eliminated guy’s suit and leave him with underwear :stuck_out_tongue: or can we start wearing “crew” outfit for example, and take the 1st kill picking one of the other 3 targets ?

7 Likes

Nah, just any disguise that matches the targets. So yeah you can use a starting disguise

9 Likes

are we allowed to use accidents with a gun?

1 Like

example: propane tank with silenced gun

3 Likes

Looks good! I’ll give it a go later :grinning:

4 Likes

Nah, each kill must be directly with the gun

2 Likes

Can we use target’s disguise ? After kill him

4 Likes

Yeah, if you want

4 Likes