Critical Bug Report: VRAM leak?

Upon an extended period of play, when I switch destinations, the VRAM usage doesn’t flush as it normally would, and immediately upon loading a new level I’m maxed out at 6GB of VRAM usage (I have a 6GB card) on a level that I otherwise wouldn’t have a single hiccup with – this then tanks my framerate to unplayable levels.

I am not the only one with this issue, see:

Video memory / VRAM leak? : HiTMAN (reddit.com)

3 Likes

I took a screenshot of the problem

4 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue. 8gb card was maxed out after a few playthroughs of Marrakesh and tanked the framerate.

Pics

Fresh Launch:

Loading a level after a few playthroughs:

4 Likes

I have the same bug since Freelancer Patch. Please fix, IO. Thanks!

2 Likes

If i’m not mistaken, it was already confirmed that will be fixed with the next patch, coming 11 May.

3 Likes

If i’m not mistaken, it was already confirmed that will be fixed with the next patch, coming 11 May.

Super happy to hear this. I should consider myself lucky that I personally never noticed it (it would’ve drove me mad).

EDIT: This might actually explain the sudden low FPS followed with crashing I’ve experienced.

2 Likes

Yeah, back then i had the RTX 2080 Super and after like 3-4 locations loaded i had to restart the game. Now with a RTX 4090 i can play for like 8-10 locations at least. I just hope that IOI does a good quality of life improvements for this year, would be a good way to say goodbye to this game.

3 Likes

Most definitely, this VRAM leak and the TAA issue something I very much want hope would be part of the QoL improvements before development eventually stops.

1 Like

That big issue have been already reported to the developers and Nvidia and they’re working on a solution for it. Hopefully this critical bug will be fixed with next update, phew :sweat_smile:

Most content for HITMAN trilogy have already been released. Focusing on QoL improvements and the HUGE backlog of bugs/glitches would be the ideal thing to do, polishing this final entry in the series for good, especially as it is meant to be the only one remaining for years to come :+1:

1 Like

Major +1 from me for this.
Even the minor things like allowing us to toggle the automatic crouch after vaulting over something matter. Alternatively, allowing us to dynamically choose between the two by crouching/uncrouching mid-animation. Currently, we are forced to wait till the animation to ends or for it to be near completion for us to be able to change it.

+1 :arrow_up:

EDIT: Fixed quote and gross typo making text hard to read.

1 Like