Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion

i dunno, man. ai pathfinding for cars is pretty basic; are there many open world games where cars are present that lack that? plus, cops being a gta style pest and them just spawning in out of thin air are mutually exclusive issues.

things like that are particularly grating when the game world so obviously tries to be immersive. the city, the atmosphere, the commitment to first person - all of it is for nought if the minute you look a little closer it all falls apart. just seems like an awful lot of cut corners for a game in development for that long, you know?

2 Likes

“lack of content”

1 Like

Man, I’m not starting an online argument lol but its dumb to defend a game for its obvious ‘lack of content’

The map is almost similar to most ubisoft open world games, 10 different missions copied pasted all over the place.

Well, cyberpunk police (by lore) may be dumb but the super cops aren’t, you mustve seen them in the prolouge, when Jackie was driving with you. But, they don’t act like those heavy hitting folks, instead this cheap teleport police ai system is present. And my friend its not rare, you shoot an npc, you get 1 star and folks start spawning, no matter the area, location or time.

This ain’t a judge dred scenario, just sheer lack of any police/ swat system.

And you’ve mentioned other points as well, but just see for yourself. I’m not saying let the internet twist your experience, but as a paying customer have some sense to see that ‘yo, this game doesn’t live upto the hype or marketing and seriously needs work’.

I’m mentioning the ‘lack of content’ because these are features cdpr mentioned that will be in the game.

So, for a 2020 game that gets out smart and out featured by old games, yeah, I’ll call that ‘lack of content’ :smiley:

And surely, the game won’t be having the sun, moon and stars but basic features you’ve seen in RPGs, customization post character creation, lively UI, gamellay animations, overall polish are the least requirements.

1 Like

I mean, I just proved in a single image that the “lack of content” argument is kind of wrong. There’s an absolute abundance of shit to do in this game, to the point where it is almost overwhelming.

I disagree, even the more generic “Gigs” have their own little stories, unique locations, ways to approach and deal with the situation. Rescue missions, thievery, assassination, stealing data, eavesdropping, sabotage, installing viruses - Lots. You can go pure stealth, you can use your netrunner skills to manoeuvre around and manipulate the enemies/environment/tech to cause a distraction, you can blast the hell out of everyone, you can talk your way in and out, it’s genuinely cool how much freedom you have. And these aren’t even the main side quests. The more repetitive “gigs” have more variety than Ubisoft’s bread and butter side missions.

Oh, trust me, i’ve definitely seen for myself.

wrgff

Less than half of the achievements unlocked after close to 160 hours in game. And i’m still finding new stuff to do - I just did a couple of side missions I didn’t even know existed on my first playthrough!

Sounds to me like you want me to think the exact same way as you - Well, I don’t. I’m a paying customer, I got my money’s worth, it lived up to the hype and the only problem with the game is the bugs and optimization - And some minor quality of life stuff which would make it even better. If you think i’m gonna be convinced by some dumb youtube videos of people parking on sidewalks and staring at how NPCs react then you’re wrong as hell lmao

8 Likes

Dunno, sounds like you are twisting other’s experience for sure. What about just let it go and accept other’s experience of the game even though it irritated you (even though that sound like what I am doing right now :laughing:).
My experience? Never saw a trailer so I think this game looks fine. But then I researched on Cyberpunk lore and to be honest, there are interesting stuffs inside I wish to be in the game.

2 Likes

Well, let’s just enjoy the game fellas :laughing: :wine_glass:

3 Likes

sorry @Quinn wasn’t directed specifically at you. just saw this on twitter. very cool:

This is how I fast travel in Cyberpunk 2077.https://t.co/zCD1r15MG7

— Petri Levälahti (@Berduu) January 2, 2021

I love this stupid game. And the photo mode is Queenly.

16 Likes

Dope pics man! Judy’s got that Joker vibe going on :laughing:

3 Likes

Judy’s definitely one of my favourite characters in the game - I really cared about her a lot. Also Panam. And Jackie. Heck the entire roster is pretty damn good.

5 Likes

Amen to that. Each gig has a unique story and conversations going on among the characters in them and the best of all unique and varied level design each time, with multiple routes and paths for stealth, something reminiscent of the hitman levels. There are so many of these and all of them and high quality all abroad just to think these are the small side quests. The actual ones are amazing to say the least

They’re what I have been doing for all the time the poor guy has been waiting for me at the diner at the beginning lol

3 Likes

jackie was really well played. the game has very good characterisation.

1 Like

Don’t be, video gaming is a hobby, just like all other hobbies, I’m older than you, but I still love video games and will do it as long as I live, or as long as I can hold a controller, we are way past the time when video games was only for children.

Agree, it’s harder and harder to find good video games these days, only new games I have bought lately (in 2020) is Borderlands 3 and Ghost of Tsushima (which was awesome by the way).

I have Cyberpunk 2077 for my PS4, but after watching all bugs online, I haven’t even tried to play it, I hope CDPR is able to fix it, or it will just be a 599,- NOK light paperweight… :grimacing: :joy: I bought the disc version online, so refund isn’t that easy, so my best bet is to hold on to it and hope they will fix it down the line, they talked about a update now in january and one in february, maybe that will fix most of the problems, I’m also waiting on the next batch of PS5 and maybe Cyberpunk 2077 will be better on a PS5?

I didn’t even pre-order this game, but I should have known something was wrong when reviewers wasn’t allowed to show gameplay on the current gaming consoles (in my opinion PS4 and Xbox X is still current for most of the gamers) and not bought it just yet.

1 Like

I really respect this, despite the setbacks, some shaken trust, its good when folks own up to their mistakes and improve upon them.

5 Likes

It’s upsetting knowing the Developers put blood, sweat, and tears into this project, but with poor management aiming to please investors CDPR ultimately suffered.

I personally loved the experience every step of the way and met my expectations in terms of what I wanted out of it. Though the game needed a lot of work on console.

I’m at least happy to see my suspicions were confirmed that the game was built with PC in mind first, but I’ll always remain adamant that Last Generations should of been canceled and those resources could of been on Next Generator. People may not agree with me, but it was either that or delay the game another year which I am completely okay with that.

1 Like

Cool! I just saw this tweet now, (Edit, to myself, lets wait a bit with the huge respect thing… :joy:) I really think they can fix this mess, one reason why I don’t want a refund, I don’t think I will regret my decision.

Next update within 10 days.

Edit.

But I agree with YongYea, I do appreciate the leadership is taking the blame and ask us nicely not to blame the developer teams for this mess:

1 Like

Agreed :laughing: they mentioned bug fixes and performance improvements but no word about adding cut content or to some degree (body customization etc)

1 Like

It depends what content you mean - Cutting features that aren’t working and scaling back ideas that grow too unruly is a very normal part of development. Sometimes things just don’t work as imagined and interfere with other systems, so you need to remove them for balance/design reasons - like wall running. That wasn’t because they were too lazy to finish it, it was implemented and then cut for design reasons. I think “cut content” has become this dirty word when it needn’t ought to.

The latest thing people seem to be annoyed about, is that modders found male V voice lines for Judy romance in the game’s files - So people are saying it was “cut content” when Judy was only ever written to be a lesbian character and the lines were just recorded because it’s easier for localization and future proofing if the actors just go through the entire script.

I’d like to see some things too, like the ability to preview clothes before buying them. That’d be super helpful.

3 Likes

So for next gen console owners we have to wait 8-10 months? Damn LOL.

I haven’t played it in weeks. I’ll start it up again at some point.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omyoJ7onNrg
Looking at this video makes me wonder if Crowbcat would do similiar video on Hitman 3…

2 Likes